Boumsong

Super7

I know he was a bit less rubbish than normal last night and had an almost acceptable performance but Alan Oliver must have watched a different game to me to write that Boumsong is back and "looked every inch the french international that he is"

I thought he was poor again personally. It strikes me he has only one good attribute, and that is the ability ot run people off the ball. I heard people chanting "Boummm" again but he did nothing to warrant it for me.

Played well after Bramble went off I thought as he seemed more comfortable attacking the ball rather than sweeping. When Bramble was still on he looked poor even though Bramble played well. I'm still nowhere near convinced by him though.

Thing is, they presented virtually no attacking threat. Unfortunately neither did we.

99807[/snapback]

True, they were very average (that's polite for shite).

I thought he was poor again personally. It strikes me he has only one good attribute, and that is the ability ot run people off the ball. I heard people chanting "Boummm" again but he did nothing to warrant it for me.

99798[/snapback]

Give him a curly perm wig and a shellsuit and you'd be leading the chants tbh.

99798[/snapback]

Give him a curly perm wig and a shellsuit and you'd be leading the chants tbh.

99831[/snapback]

;):P;)

Tbh he shouldn't even be playing with his current personal issues.

100013[/snapback]

It's an odd one like. Me? The last thing I'd be thinking about is football and if I was a manager and my player came to me with the kind of personal problems Boumsong has, I'd say go home, take all the time you need.

But perhaps football is helping him to cope?

Either way fair play to the lad. He's been poor this season and has had a lot of criticism from Toon fans and the media but I still have high hopes for him under a decent manager who knows how to organise a back-four properly.

Tbh he shouldn't even be playing with his current personal issues.

100013[/snapback]

It's an odd one like. Me? The last thing I'd be thinking about is football and if I was a manager and my player came to me with the kind of personal problems Boumsong has, I'd say go home, take all the time you need.

But perhaps football is helping him to cope?

Either way fair play to the lad. He's been poor this season and has had a lot of criticism from Toon fans and the media but I still have high hopes for him under a decent manager who knows how to organise a back-four properly.

100019[/snapback]

Tbf playing alongside Bramble doesn't exactly breed confidence. I also belive when he plays alongside he is forced out of his usual deep, sweeping up role and has to play a chasing game which he doesn't like. Compound that with his private life and you've got a nervous wreck of a player.

He was pretty dodgy first half and better second half, but overall was certainly not an £8m french international.

However i hope its the start of him at least improving because with Roeder in charge and his use of actual coaching, defensive tactics and organisation our defenders should be taking advantage.

He'll play a blinder for France in the summer then we can get back some of the £8m we wasted in the first place...

100417[/snapback]

There's no way France are getting past the first round with him in their team tbh.

One of my mates pointed out that he never slides for the ball, even when it's needed.

When i thought about it I can't remember ever seeing him do it.

100429[/snapback]

No, he doesn't. Which is quite odd because he falls on his arse enough when he's nowhere near it. :D