Ashes

Gemmill

Go to www.signthebat.co.uk and sign the bat if you want to see an Ashes test staged at Durham.

100158[/snapback]

Would you go and watch this snorathon then?

100162[/snapback]

Beats Star Trek: The Next Generation hands down :D

Edited by alex

Go to www.signthebat.co.uk and sign the bat if you want to see an Ashes test staged at Durham.

100158[/snapback]

Would you go and watch this snorathon then?

100162[/snapback]

Cricket was invented by a scouser you know?

No Ashes Test will be played at Durham for the foreseeable future

The English Cricket authorities have long term contracts with Lords, Oval, Trent Bridge, Headingly and Birmingham - - the only one that is a bit dodgy is Manchester IIRC

No Ashes Test will be played at Durham for the foreseeable future

The English Cricket authorities have long term contracts with Lords, Oval, Trent Bridge, Headingly and  Birmingham - - the only one that is a bit dodgy is Manchester IIRC

100190[/snapback]

Headingly is the dodgy one isn't it?

I cannot get my head round why anyone would want to watch this waste of time.  :yes

100181[/snapback]

You talking about Star Trek again? :D

Sport of the priveleged? Far cheaper than going to watch the football. FACT.

100184[/snapback]

Right, firstly I'm NOT a trekky you set of bastids. Secondly, I don't remember playing cricket at Anselms, but obviously things got a whole lot posher when it changed to Thomas Moore! But anyway, who can afford to take the 18 months holiday that is required to watch the thing?

Sport of the priveleged you mean?

I cannot get my head round why anyone would want to watch this waste of time.  :D

100181[/snapback]

If you don't like it don't watch it. It's not the sport of the privileged though Renton.

I cannot get my head round why anyone would want to watch this waste of time.  :yes

100181[/snapback]

100184[/snapback]

Right, firstly I'm NOT a trekky you set of bastids. Secondly, I don't remember playing cricket at Anselms, but obviously things got a whole lot posher when it changed to Thomas Moore! But anyway, who can afford to take the 18 months holiday that is required to watch the thing?

100200[/snapback]

Steve Harmison didn't play cricket at school, what's your point?

I cannot get my head round why anyone would want to watch this waste of time.  :huff:

100181[/snapback]

100184[/snapback]

100200[/snapback]

Steve Harmison didn't play cricket at school, what's your point?

100204[/snapback]

Funnily enough every time I hear him he goes on about how he would rather be a footballer....

My point is Alex I'm trying to get a bite from Lucky Luke, that's my point. :yes

100181[/snapback]

100184[/snapback]

100200[/snapback]

We played indoor with the nets out, just bowling and batting, despite my protests. I always wanted to be David Boon when I was a lad, so I used to stand with my hands in my pockets, occasionally shouting 'come in' and eating pies.

I always wanted to be David Boon when I was a lad, so I used to stand with my hands in my pockets, occasionally shouting 'come in' and eating pies.

100211[/snapback]

Broke the record for drinking the most cans of Top Deck Shandy on a single school bus journey too I heard.

headingly is a right shithole. no suprise it's struggling to continue hosting tests.

durham is a nice ground but it needs some bigger stands if it's ever going to become a first class test venue.

i like the new stands they've made at trent bridge. lords has the tradition but edgbaston and the oval arethe best for atmosphere.

i at edgbaston for the final morning of the ashes test last year. it was unbearable but the atmosphere was different class. it was more like football than cricket.

The Oval is a bugger for getting around behind the stands tho'

They've extended the ground right up tot eh wall almost and its areal scrum trying to get a drink

I liek Trent Bridge mesel - Headingley IS a dump and Lords is full of wankers

Tests have been mainly rotated around 6 grounds for years now and continue to be.

Rose Bowl is in the queue before The Riverside tbh.

Edited by Sima

Tests have been mainly rotated around 6 grounds for years now and continue to be.

Rose Bowl is in the queue before The Riverside tbh.

100598[/snapback]

It's not actually, the Riverside is already a test ground, the Rose Bowl isn't.