Buying Jeans In The States

wykikitoon

Hi

A mate of mine has gone to Disney world with his kids, his bird is an absolute toss pot and she knows eevryone and everything. He has only taken 3 pairs of shorts and 3 T-Shirts as she says that the clothes over ther are dirt cheap.

Is this true? Are Levis like £15 as she recons? I can get a pair of 501's in Leeds for £45.

Surley they wont drop em that much, all the tourists = £$£$ ;)

Hi

A mate of mine has gone to Disney world with his kids, his bird is an absolute toss pot and she knows eevryone and everything.  He has only taken 3 pairs of shorts and 3 T-Shirts as she says that the clothes over ther are dirt cheap.

Is this true?  Are Levis like £15 as she recons?  I can get a pair of 501's in Leeds for £45. 

Surley they wont drop em that much, all the tourists = £$£$ ;)

7707[/snapback]

It's generally $ for pounds I think for Levis. So you'd probably be paying $45 or so if they're 45 quid here. From what I remember anyway.

I seem to remember people saying stuff like that when I was at school. Jean, trainers and computer gams were all supposed to be really cheap in America (by our terms anyway). Although it might have just been urban legend, spurred by kids wanting their holiday to be cooler than everyone elses.

Looking at sites linked to on the levis official site as authorised retailers, they look pretty dear to me. probably still cheaper than here, once you convert it to ££s.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopping/pr...iProductID=4287

But then on ebay US they're dirt cheap. If they're real.

Edited by BlueStar

I seem to remember people saying stuff like that when I was at school.  Jean, trainers and computer gams were all supposed to be really cheap in America (by our terms anyway).  Although it might have just been urban legend, spurred by kids wanting their holiday to be cooler than everyone elses.

Looking at sites linked to on the levis official site as authorised retailers, they look pretty dear to me.  probably still cheaper than here, once you convert it to ££s.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopping/pr...iProductID=4287

But then on ebay US they're dirt cheap.  If they're real.

7711[/snapback]

Edited by manc-mag

Do people still wear 501s?

7721[/snapback]

;)

Good point! Though Gemmill clearly does apparently, so we shouldnt laugh.

Also kudos to wykikitoon for one of the best lines I've ever read about a mates girlfriend. I have absolutely no idea what she's like-she might actually be a really nice person for all I know, but instantly she was 'an absolute toss pott!' Quality! B)

Also wykikitoon, you seem to have this mate's interests very close at heart (particulalrly as regards his trousers) while at the same time having very strong anti-his-girlfriend views. Are you completely sure he's just a 'mate' or would you like it to be more than that?

Still struggling with the quote facility I see Sammy B)

7742[/snapback]

;) .....it's all upside down, man! Still getting my bearings here.

Apropos of which, are you struggling with an avatar? Longest I've known you go without!

Is it just me or are 501s really, really tight around the crotch? Is that why cowboys walk like that?

As for the price, they are only slightly cheaper from my experience. Do what I do, wait for a sale here and stock up, cheapskate that I am.

Still struggling with the quote facility I see Sammy B)

7742[/snapback]

;) .....it's all upside down, man! Still getting my bearings here.

Apropos of which, are you struggling with an avatar? Longest I've known you go without!

7744[/snapback]

:second:

I vaguelly remember, from the good old days when I could actually afford to go to Disney World, that brand named jeans and tops are only slightly cheaper (depending on how well the pound is doing against the dollar obviously).

Trainers however and pretty cheap if you go to one of the outlet stores. Reebok were usually doing a silly deal where you buy one pair (which in itself is cheaper than over here) and you get another pair half price. Bargain!

7721[/snapback]

;)

7738[/snapback]

That's enough of the lip, Tim Henman. :second:

7780[/snapback]

Says Mr 'Bruce Springstein chic' circa 1985! B)

And on a related point to one I made earlier about 501s, where do people find there jeans wear out first?

Mine always develop a hole around the crotch area, which necessitates an early throw out. ;)

And it's not lighting farts that does it either as I stopped doing that a long time ago. B)

its almost always $ for £ and has been for over 30 years

(and you wonder why British retailers make 10% rate of return whereas every well in the States & Europe its 3-5%..........)

The only thing to watch is stereo gear - its wise to compare item by item

7721[/snapback]

;)

7738[/snapback]

That's enough of the lip, Tim Henman. ;)

7780[/snapback]

Says Mr 'Bruce Springstein chic' circa 1985! B)

7781[/snapback]

:second:

Advantage, Henman.

Hehe

Class comments guys. Aye he is a close friend, but we dont see him much as the munter wont let him out. Apperntly she tossed off that guy from Boys own, the main one. Cant remember his name like.

Anyway, good point looking at the Levi webby ;)

Buy clothes at either Costco (there is one in Gateshead BTW) or an outlet and you can usually pick any Levis for under $25. I would never pay $45 for Levis ... though you can if you go to an expensive shop. Levis have lost a great deal of their street cred in the last 15 years or so. Here in Southern California its all about Lucky and Diesel jeans.