Arsenal, innit blud vs Steve’s Absolutely Shite Mags

Tom

31 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Bruce keeps coming out with the 'I've been doing this a long time'. Just once I'd like a journalist to ask him, 'in all the time you've been a manager what have you ever achieved in the top flight?'

My arse has been an arse for a long time, doesn't mean I have to listen to it when it speaks.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Bonkers that pundits are searching away from the pitch for a reason why we don't like Bruce. 

It's not because he once managed Sunderland, it's not because he's not Benítez, it's not because he allegedly favours defensive football, it's not because I expect CL football. It's purely because he was shit before, is shit now and will be shit forever.

Honestly I reckon, if Lee Cattermole had us 7th in the league, semis of the cups and playing good football I'd be walking in a Clattermole Wonderland.

Good shout.It’s not like he’s been a pundit for 20 years and has worked and basically lived with them through a number of World Cups.It could of course be more anti-us fans than pro-Brucey.Why,I wouldn’t know.  

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Bruce keeps coming out with the 'I've been doing this a long time'. Just once I'd like a journalist to ask him, 'in all the time you've been a manager what have you ever achieved in the top flight?'

Hasn’t he got the worst win ratio of top flight managers with more than 200 games (or something like that)? Some achievement to keep conning people into employing him tbf 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Some people have sleepless nights worrying about finances or job interviews and some people can’t sleep for pondering life’s great mysteries. Like alien life, our reason for being here and just what the point of bringing Hendrick on last night was.

Or how Bruce earns more in a week than most people do in a year 

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

Hasn’t he got the worst win ratio of top flight managers with more than 200 games (or something like that)? Some achievement to keep conning people into employing him tbf 

Second worst iirc.  Only the mighty Captain Lager, Bryan Robson himself was worse.

Although there's a good chance he's bettered than record now.

Edited by Sonatine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Is it simply that owners believe what they hear on Sky Sports and Match of the Day? Because Neville and Murphy and Savage say Bruce is good, he must be, right?

The simple fact is most footballers are thick as shit and so it follows that most football pundits are too.  In every other sport that I've ever watched the pundits/comentators make insightful comments about what is happening in the match/event but with football all you get is the same tired old cliches time and time again.  I find it harder and harder to watch a match with the commentary on and can hardly ever bare to watch the pre and post match bollocks.  It was like this before Bruce but when these morons are telling us that what we are actually seeing with our own eyes week after week is wrong and that he's a good bloke working in difficult circumstances, it just becomes so patronising that it's impossible to take seriously.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

The simple fact is most footballers are thick as shit and so it follows that most football pundits are too.  In every other sport that I've ever watched the pundits/comentators make insightful comments about what is happening in the match/event but with football all you get is the same tired old cliches time and time again.  I find it harder and harder to watch a match with the commentary on and can hardly ever bare to watch the pre and post match bollocks.  It was like this before Bruce but when these morons are telling us that what we are actually seeing with our own eyes week after week is wrong and that he's a good bloke working in difficult circumstances, it just becomes so patronising that it's impossible to take seriously.

And if they slaughtered Benitez for playing a certain way, and Bruce's style is 'identical', why aren't they slaughtering Bruce?

This is the second season under Bruce and we're perceptibly terrible, statistically terrible. Jordan blames the players and the fans, Neville blames Benitez & the fans, Bent blames Benitez and the fans, Shearer blames Ashley, all the pundits seem to blame the system/formation/personnel. Nobody is blaming Bruce. 

Yet it's Benitez who knew the PR game...

• Like 1

And here's another one:

Former Manchester City and England defender Micah Richards added: "Steve Bruce is a lovely bloke but maybe it is time for him to change - but maybe he can't change it.

"I just think, no matter what he does, the fans are not going to be happy. The football he plays is not good enough for the fans and he hasn't got the money to change it around and play expansive football."

And another. The problem is I don't think most of these pundits actually watch the games. You can look up a few stats and say 'well they've the same record' but if you actually take the time to watch the matches and put that in context with the money that has been spent then it's impossible not to understand the difference.

• Jaysus... 1

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Spot on, my wife goes mental with me whenever I watch the match now as I basically have it muted :lol:. In fact she did just that during the Arsenal game and I’d put the sound on just in time to hear the commentator defending Rob Holdings nightmare tackle on Almiron, so I swiftly turned the sound down again. They offer absolutely nothing as you say, and it’s only gotten worse since Bruce is mates with them all as like others have pointed out they’re bending over backwards to give him excuses. 

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

And another. The problem is I don't think most of these pundits actually watch the games. You can look up a few stats and say 'well they've the same record' but if you actually take the time to watch the matches and put that in context with the money that has been spent then it's impossible not to understand the difference.

Neville clearly watches us so little that he’s not even aware we still have Ritchie in the squad ffs. 

They just keep re-routing the discussion back to Benitez, I don’t care about Benitez ffs he has no impact on my opinion of Steve Bruce. Bruce is a fucking shite manager, I don’t need to compare him to any of our recent managers to make that argument, we play dire football, we barely get in the opposition area let alone have a shot, and we look all over the map defensively. Even if Benitez was the worst manager we’ve ever had that still doesn’t change the fact Bruce is absolutely bobbins and shouldn’t be managing at the premier league level. Our squad isn’t great, but this new angle where it’s suddenly become the worst squad in the league is pathetic, just 18 month ago tits like Neville were fawning over Fraser and Wilson, Almiron has pace to spare and despite lacking end product can be useful with an actual plan / system, our central defenders are the best group we’ve had in fucking donkeys years (we have had better individuals but never 4 or so that are all at this level), goalkeepers are very good, we’re very weak in CM and the full back positions but most teams in the bottom half mix have weaknesses in positional areas too. Again I’m not saying we have some array of talent, but Bruce isn’t getting close to enough out of what he has, saying if you give him loads of money he’ll do better doesn’t wash as an excuse in a fucking job where the owner is Mike Ashley, this broken nosed cunt knew exactly what he was signing up for and many of these same pundits were acting like Ashley was more than generous with previous managers, Bruce has outspent many of them so which way is it? If we can’t feel aggrieved at watching Bruce’s version of football can we finally be pissed off at having Mike Ashley as owner?

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

And if they slaughtered Benitez for playing a certain way, and Bruce's style is 'identical', why aren't they slaughtering Bruce?

This is the second season under Bruce and we're perceptibly terrible, statistically terrible. Jordan blames the players and the fans, Neville blames Benitez & the fans, Bent blames Benitez and the fans, Shearer blames Ashley, all the pundits seem to blame the system/formation/personnel. Nobody is blaming Bruce. 

Yet it's Benitez who knew the PR game...

shearer's unwillingness to criticise bruce fucks me off on a monumental scale. if he carries on the way he is he has the potential to fall as low as beardsley.

They’re mates, so he won’t have a pop. Sums up the football punditry in this country tbh. And Shearer is miles from being the worst, especially when it comes to us 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Howay said:

...... I’d put the sound on just in time to hear the commentator defending Rob Holdings nightmare tackle on Almiron, so I swiftly turned the sound down again....... 

Just reminded me I got a row for muttering "fucking thick cunt, hes a lefty" early in the first half when he had wee dig at Almiron for cutting inside and playing off his stronger foot instead of "fancying himself to get the better of Tierney and get to the byline". 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Alex said:

They’re mates, so he won’t have a pop. Sums up the football punditry in this country tbh. And Shearer is miles from being the worst, especially when it comes to us 

being mates with bruce doesn't make it any better as far as i'm concerned alex. i've no doubt bruce is mates with neville, savage etc too, just puts shearer on a par with the other twats.

i've worked in engineering all me life,. i've known blokes for decades who've stolen a living doing the same job as me, it's never stopped me telling them they'd be hard pressed to know the difference between the open and the ring end of a spanner. if they were shit at their job and it was adversely affecting something which i deeply cared for rather than an employer i didn't really give a shit about i'd be even more inclined to tell them.

:)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 2

There’s nothing in Bruce’s record to suggest he’s ever been a decent manager over a sustained period, and he’s got worse as his career’s progressed. I see him as the David Brent of football management - having a bit of craic with the lads, trying to impress them with tales of his Man Utd days, while they doss about and take the piss out of him behind his back. I doubt he does much more than watching training and picking the team tbh.

The quality of the squad is no excuse for the slack/amateurish football, disorganisation, tactical ineptitude and demotivated/demoralised players.  Like others have said, he’s stealing a living and I don’t see that changing, and he should rightly be slaughtered for the job he’s doing.

However most of us predicted this when he was appointed because it was totally fucking obvious that he was a washed up incompetent old fraud. His mates in the media can gaslight the viewers all they like but he’s a garbage manager appointed by a garbage owner. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

being mates with bruce doesn't make it any better as far as i'm concerned alex. i've no doubt bruce is mates with neville, savage etc too, just puts shearer on a par with the other twats.

i've worked in engineering all me life,. i've known blokes for decades who've stolen a living doing the same job as me, it's never stopped me telling them they'd be hard pressed to know the difference between the open and the ring end of a spanner. if they were shit at their job and it was adversely affecting something which i deeply cared for rather than an employer i didn't really give a shit about i'd be even more inclined to tell them.

:)

I wasn’t saying it does make it any better. I’m just saying why I think he gives Bruce an easy ride. 

• Like 1