Arsenal, innit blud vs Steve’s Absolutely Shite Mags

Tom

As for Carragher and Neville as pundits.Carragher must have taken at least 5 mins analysing Smith Rowe’s assist.’ Look,look,look at the way he looks up before finding his teammate’. It must have broken  his heart that the overhyped Smith Rowe was never awarded MOTM for such another average performance against us.I haven’t a clue when England play next but I fully expect this latest world class overhyped cockney youngster to be included in the squad.

12 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

As for Carragher and Neville as pundits.Carragher must have taken at least 5 mins analysing Smith Rowe’s assist.’ Look,look,look at the way he looks up before finding his teammate’. It must have broken  his heart that the overhyped Smith Rowe was never awarded MOTM for such another average performance against us.I haven’t a clue when England play next but I fully expect this latest world class overhyped cockney youngster to be included in the squad.

How does he rate on the patented essembee Big Nose Scale?

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Hasn’t he got the worst win ratio of top flight managers with more than 200 games (or something like that)? Some achievement to keep conning people into employing him tbf 

His win percentage before joining us was 28.1%, with us plus £100 million odd is 28.6%

He nothing if not consistently shite.

Surely we can all agree that Smith-Rowe is by far the the second best English player ever to go by the name Emile (which is a decent achievement for his age), Bruce is a thick fuck would've spent that £100million on fried pig and the only reason his stats are even closely comparrible to Rafa's is because the owners are the source of the problem, and Jamie Carragher hasn't had botox he just looks that way after a few years of sucking Gary Nevilles cock every weekend. 

Didn't Grealish say Bruce's approach to training was basically to let them have a kick about like the Under 9s?

Apparently it was De Laet, not Grealish.

"The football was similar to Tony Pulis but at least Tony had a plan. I remember Steve would throw the ball in the middle in training and say "let's play" like we were under-9's. It was crazy"

Edited by The Fish
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Alex said:

Neville, Carragher and co would go spare if it was their team being managed by Bruce playing this brand of football. 

Redknap basically said before the Sheffield game that teams outside the top 6, or is it 7 now that Arsenal have dropped, shouldn't expect to play any good football and we should just be happy to be in the league.  Surely as a sport, every team should be looking to do the best they can in whatever league they are in.  For a newly promoted team, particularly one with little or no recent experience of being in their division, that may well be just hanging in there for a season or two and looking to improve.  But there's absolutely no reason at all to think that any club no matter what history or amount of supporters they have should just accept playing shit football just so they can hang on to the financial benefits of being in that division. There will come a point when if any club just continues to do that, when the supporters just stop caring.

• Like 3

He’s one of those players who’s career has been completely reinvented since he became a pundit.

The worst offender is Jermaine Jenas, who BBC viewers must assume is some kind of Zidane type figure providing they never watched him play.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Tom said:

He’s one of those players who’s career has been completely reinvented since he became a pundit.

The worst offender is Jermaine Jenas, who BBC viewers must assume is some kind of Zidane type figure providing they never watched him play.

I think most with half a brain are confused as to why Jenas has been pushed to the position of poster boy. Even talk of him taking Lineker's role once he retires. He'd have to find a personality first. 

Aye, I understand the assertion that a club might need to hang on and dig out results when first promoted into a new league, but agree this whole happy to be there shite is nauseating. People watch football for entertainment, if it’s fucking dreadful they have every right to complain, I’m not saying we need to be Barcelona but we have to provide some level of entertainment. It’s also a fucking ridiculous assertion that you can only survive in the PL by playing dreadful to watch football unless you’re one of the top sides, the lads in the bottom half of the league are still incredibly talented at the game of football ffs it’s not like there’s some gap that goes Kevin De Bruyne level - rest of the league can’t pass 5 yards. They tie themselves in these knots to protect Bruce, a man who has been mediocre at best everywhere he has been in a long career. 

Personally it’s wankers like Redknapp acting like the PL is the be all end all that do my head in. As a supporter of a club that never challenges for trophies I’ve no problem being in the championship if it meant we got to watch a more entertaining match, of course I’d love to stay in the PL but if the only way we stay there is watching the crap Bruce is serving up then I’ll take being outside of it (although imo much more of this and we’ll be going down anyway which completely rinses their point). They should start assigning a club to each of these pundits, they can watch other matches but their primary responsibility is to sit and watch all of our matches in a season and report week by week, would they be buzzing about Bruce and saying we should stop whinging when they have to watch 2 hours of that utter fucking shite every week? 

• Like 4

They can show genuine passion about a club not doing as well as they have done in the past and try and get into the nitty gritty but that by some strange reason only applies to clubs they were at for years? How bizarre! Any other club? It's a virtual 'aye, whatevs'. :lol:

• Like 2

That line from Redknapp about punditry being harder now because the audience "are armed with more information. Some of it is right, some of it is wrong" had me raging.

Like Howay says, if these experts actually watched us week in, week out, they'd not trot out the clichés and banality.

• Like 2