Shola's last season in the PL

Jusoda Kid

some people said Shola needs a run in the side without Shearer alongside him.

:D

100446[/snapback]

Spot on. Omar.

We all want all of the players to be fantastic, it's sad that some people allow that emotion to take over their brain and so can't see when somebody is totally shit.

Don't we say this every season about Shola ?

100448[/snapback]

No we don't.

100609[/snapback]

You are happy with his standard of football are you ?

Don't we say this every season about Shola ?

100448[/snapback]

No we don't.

100609[/snapback]

You are happy with his standard of football are you ?

100654[/snapback]

The only reason some people say this about him EVERY season is because he has one good game, or scores a goal that he seem to intend, and the knee jerk from people is that he's the replacement for Shearer. Then it sinks in, and it's back to the, "this is donkey's last season in the PL" until his next goal.

The fact is, he shouldn't be here, it's been obvious for ages he's crap and it shouldn't need to be said every season.

I take it you think he's great 'cos he scored against Barcelona..... No, course you don't. Same as I'm not happy with his standard of football. Daft fúcking question, tbh.

Edited by Howaythelads

We don't need any "Shola out" campaigns FFS - the club has enough problems and bickering without adding another one

I'm sure the lad does his best and gives 150% (unlike many) but the evidence is now clear that he just isn't good enough to be a striker in the top class

In the SPL or Div2 (or the championship or whatever) I'm sure he'd get a hatful - he'd have that little bit more time and space

Whoever comes in I can see him going this summer - right now we have NO OPTIONS up front so we have to play him and hope

We don't need any "Shola out" campaigns FFS - the club has enough problems  and bickering without adding another one

I'm sure the lad does his best and gives 150% (unlike many) but the evidence is now clear that he just isn't  good enough to be a striker in the top class

In the SPL or Div2 (or the championship or whatever) I'm sure he'd get a hatful - he'd have that little bit more time and space

Whoever comes in I can see him going this summer - right now we have NO OPTIONS up front so we have to play him and hope

100836[/snapback]

Good post Rob. We have won 3/4, Why slag him off if we are winning?

We don't need any "Shola out" campaigns FFS - the club has enough problems  and bickering without adding another one

I'm sure the lad does his best and gives 150% (unlike many) but the evidence is now clear that he just isn't  good enough to be a striker in the top class

100836[/snapback]

100839[/snapback]

I agree too. I find this all very petty. Leave the lad alone and get behind the team.

I'd get rid of him for nowt tomorrow, at least it would force us to find another solution. There's plenty of midfielders I'd rather have uplaying out of position upfront rather than shola. He's an utter waste of space and I don't even believe he IS giving 100/150% any more. He doesn't look interested. He can't be bothered to follow play. He can't be arsed to get onside. He can't be arsed to chase down a keeper after a backpass. He pulls out of tackles. It looks like he jumps for the ball because he feels he has to rather than actually wanting to win it. When he got through on goal against Charlton he actually looked hoping to be offside rather than chasing it so that he wouldn't have to have a shot, possibly because the lad is terrified of shooting. When he gets the ball, he looks like it's an unexpected inconvenience for him, rather than a welcome opportunity to do something with it. He never looks pissed off if he doesn't get the ball, he never looks annoyed with himself when he falls on his arse/ trips over the ball/ air kicks / taps it to the keeper.

If thats him trying his very best, he's even worse than I thought he was. His commitment and drive to do well for the team lies somewhere between Luque and Marcelino. His "hip injury" is academic, he's no worse now that he has been since he started playing for us, and he's been shit regardless of his level of fitness.

In short, he's taking the piss.

Edited by BlueStar

I'd get rid of him for nowt tomorrow, at least it would force us to find another solution.  There's plenty of midfielders I'd rather have uplaying out of position upfront rather than shola.  He's an utter waste of space and I don't even believe he IS giving 100/150% any more.  He doesn't look interested.  He can't be bothered to follow play.  He can't be arsed to get onside.  He can't be arsed to chase down a keeper after a backpass.  He pulls out of tackles.  It looks like he jumps for the ball because he feels he has to rather than actually wanting to win it.  When he got through on goal against Charlton he actually looked hoping to be offside rather than chasing it so that he wouldn't have to have a shot, possibly because the lad is terrified of shooting. When he gets the ball, he looks like it's an unexpected inconvenience for him, rather than a welcome opportunity to do something with it.  He never looks pissed off if he doesn't get the ball, he never looks annoyed with himself when he falls on his arse/ trips over the ball/ air kicks / taps it to the keeper.

If thats him trying his very best, he's even worse than I thought he was.  His commitment and drive to do well for the team lies somewhere between Luque and Marcelino.  His "hip injury" is academic, he's no worse now that he has been since he started playing for us, and he's been shit regardless of his level of fitness.

100883[/snapback]

Amen. :D

100836[/snapback]

100839[/snapback]

I agree too. I find this all very petty. Leave the lad alone and get behind the team.

100857[/snapback]

well it's obviously a joke more than anything of course.

But I disagree, I don't think he always gives his all. I used to think that but the penalty he gave away vs WestHam was the turning point for me. He's an idiot, who gives away ridiculous fouls out of frustration of his own lack of ability to get past players and hinders most of our attacking play. I'd rather we had a squad one man smaller than have him around.

100836[/snapback]

100839[/snapback]

100857[/snapback]

But I disagree, I don't think he always gives his all. I used to think that but the penalty he gave away vs WestHam was the turning point for me. He's an idiot, who gives away ridiculous fouls out of frustration of his own lack of ability to get past players and hinders most of our attacking play. I'd rather we had a squad one man smaller than have him around.

100910[/snapback]

He seriously isn't that bad. Who would you have rather played instead of him yesterday out of our current squad?

P.S. Had a quality little touch in the Nobby 2nd goal.

100836[/snapback]

100839[/snapback]

100857[/snapback]

100910[/snapback]

He seriously isn't that bad. Who would you have rather played instead of him yesterday out of our current squad?

100914[/snapback]

I honeslty dont care. Anyone. Pearce played David James up front last season. We should sign him.

No, obvioulsy i'd rather see Luque given a proper run from the start, but if it's a disciplinary matter with Roeder then that's another story.

I'd get rid of him for nowt tomorrow, at least it would force us to find another solution.  There's plenty of midfielders I'd rather have uplaying out of position upfront rather than shola.  He's an utter waste of space and I don't even believe he IS giving 100/150% any more.  He doesn't look interested.  He can't be bothered to follow play.  He can't be arsed to get onside.  He can't be arsed to chase down a keeper after a backpass.  He pulls out of tackles.  It looks like he jumps for the ball because he feels he has to rather than actually wanting to win it.  When he got through on goal against Charlton he actually looked hoping to be offside rather than chasing it so that he wouldn't have to have a shot, possibly because the lad is terrified of shooting. When he gets the ball, he looks like it's an unexpected inconvenience for him, rather than a welcome opportunity to do something with it.  He never looks pissed off if he doesn't get the ball, he never looks annoyed with himself when he falls on his arse/ trips over the ball/ air kicks / taps it to the keeper.

If thats him trying his very best, he's even worse than I thought he was.  His commitment and drive to do well for the team lies somewhere between Luque and Marcelino.  His "hip injury" is academic, he's no worse now that he has been since he started playing for us, and he's been shit regardless of his level of fitness.

100883[/snapback]

Aye, agreed.

100836[/snapback]

100839[/snapback]

100857[/snapback]

100910[/snapback]

100914[/snapback]

I honeslty dont care. Anyone. Pearce played David James up front last season. We should sign him.

No, obvioulsy i'd rather see Luque given a proper run from the start, but if it's a disciplinary matter with Roeder then that's another story.

100919[/snapback]

Backing further into a corner and making rash comments now tbh.

Edited by Holden McGroin

100836[/snapback]

100839[/snapback]

100857[/snapback]

100910[/snapback]

100914[/snapback]

100919[/snapback]

Backing further into a corner and making rash comments now tbh.

100943[/snapback]

:D

i've said it a millions times. I'd rather see Chopra, Luque, Dyer, Emre, Zoggy, Taylor, probably even Obrien or Pattison up front ahead of Shola.

People say that we need a big guy up front, for his areal threat presence and holding up the ball. While this is true. Shola doesnt do anything to fill that bill apart from being tall. We might as well put a big rock up there. Owen wins more headers than him. And Shola cant stop a ball from bouncing less than 3 times.

Anyone see the miss Cort had against the poo in the cup the round before last?

Donkey is shite and really shouldn't be in the starting 11 but at least we didn't pay 7m for him and sell him for 1!

If he's what we have, lets get behind him until the replacement is available. (By the way the ball he brought down for Emre to pass to Nobby for the 2nd goal might not have made up for the numerous fuck ups he made during the rest of the game but it did help create the goal.)

Edited by sammynb