Disturbing

JawD

Only if O'Neill were to turn down Newcastle would Shepherd begin to move down a shortlist which includes the likes of Sam Allardyce, Alan Curbishley and Steve Bruce.

That the United chairman was spotted playing golf with the Wigan chairman Dave Whelan in Barbados this week has increased speculation that an approach has been made for Paul Jewell. It is a suggestion Shepherd has been quick to reject.

Taken from the ronny gill.

Im not really a fan, of big sam, even if eating, green eggs and ham... :D Though I understand he is said to be thorough? Its more the style his side adopts that bothers me. Sure Bolton are doing ok, but Im just not sure he is the sort of guy we want.

Curbs dont fill me with much confidence and as for Bruce, no ... Just . no. Even FS wouldnt do that, would he?

If anyone needed evidence that Curbishley is not the man for us, they need only look at Charlton on Wednesday night. Has he been there 15 years or something, and that's the sum total of his efforts. A team that sets the standards for mediocrity.

If anyone needed evidence that Curbishley is not the man for us, they need only look at Charlton on Wednesday night.  Has he been there 15 years or something, and that's the sum total of his efforts.  A team that sets the standards for mediocrity.

100619[/snapback]

Agree completely.

The bit about the shortlist is worrying because it's in the Chronicle, i.e. Shepherd's mouthpiece. And if his shortlist really looks like that, he wants shooting. I wouldn't be surprised though if the main requirement for the new manager was a British passport. Utterly ludicrous.

"Scouring the globe", my arse.

Edited by Bombadil