Villans V The Hopless Shites 8pm Villa Park Sky Sports Main Event

trooper

47 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

One thing I will say, not in Bruce's defence because he's objectively shite and a twat, is that we're kinda fucked in the centre of mid in terms of options. Hayden can be decent but the rest range from bang average, bad, atrocious, badly out of form etc. We've also never really replaced what Diame did for us under Rafa, even though even he was criticised fairly often. Then again Rafa had Hayden and Sean Longstaff looking like world beaters.

We were in the market for a midfielder in the summer and Bruce chose the cheap option in Hendrick 

9 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

We were in the market for a midfielder in the summer and Bruce chose the cheap option in Hendrick 

Hendrick was a terrible choice regardless of budget, but I doubt even Bruce would pick him if he was being offered something considerably better. We have to keep Bruce's blame for all this in perspective in comparison to Ashley.

Edited by Polarboy

Just now, Polarboy said:

Hendrick was a terrible choice regardless of budget, but I doubt even Bruce would pick him if he was being offered something considerably better. We have to keep Bruce's blame for all this perspective in comparison to Ashley.

Yet Bruce spent half the season continually playing him out of position?

7 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

This reminds me of Billy Connolly’s gag about how, for years, he used to think that Partick were called Partick Thistle Nil.

One goal from open play in nine matches. It’s fucking diabolical.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

One goal from open play in nine matches. It’s fucking diabolical.

What can fans of a team who have been outside them PL for just two seasons since the early 90’s expect though? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, ewerk said:

Yet Bruce spent half the season continually playing him out of position?

I totally agree about him playing him on the wing. I'm not trying to make any excuses for how shite Bruce is, but obviously Ashley has to take some of the blame for us scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Of course Rafa or any other manager worth their salt would likely have found something better under the same restrictions, and again not subsequently played them out of position.

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

What can fans of a team who have been outside them PL for just two seasons since the early 90’s expect though? 

Champions League titles according to the pundits obvs.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I totally agree about him playing him on the wing. I'm not trying to make any excuses for how shite Bruce is, but obviously Ashley has to take some of the blame for us scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Of course Rafa or any other manager worth their salt would likely have found something better under the same restrictions, and again not subsequently played them out of position.

Aye, we’re not going to be challenging for the title under Ashley but a progressive manager with £100m+ to spend over the last couple of seasons would at least have seen us playing in the top half of the table. Instead we’re once again in a relegation battle.

• Like 3

So the pundits’ verdict (Redknapp and Darren Bent) is that he doesn’t have the players, doesn’t have the academy, there was no plan or tactics, the players weren’t playing, nothing will change until there’s a takeover but Bruce is in no way at fault. Fuck off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2