Mackems so smalltime

Guest Sima

CATS CAN GET SHIRTY

By Jason Mellor

MICK McCarthy has told his Sunderland players they must earn the right to take the shirt off Wayne Rooney's back.

McCarthy's men have upset fans for rushing to swap jerseys with the Premiership's top names after games this season. But the Black Cats boss is relaxed about the souvenir-hunting - as long as his troops have worked for them.

He said: "I think it shows respect between players. You can kick lumps out of each other for 90 minutes but afterwards you shake hands and swap shirts if you want to."

Sunderland travel to Old Trafford in April, when Rooney's shirt is certain to be a target.

McCarthy added: "I've got some great ones in my collection from my playing days, Franco Baresi, and Gary Lineker among them - they bring back some great memories."

ffs even McCarthy is getting in on the act, "Oooh, look at the shirts I have got". You don't hear of Wigan players acting like this.

Just shows that they are out of their depth tbh.

Aye but to be fair, with the way Sunderland are playing at the moment they must feel like a Sunday league team when they play the big clubs, and that the shirt-swapping at the end of the game is the only thing they've got to look forward to :D

Aye but to be fair, with the way Sunderland are playing at the moment they must feel like a Sunday league team when they play the big clubs, and that the shirt-swapping at the end of the game is the only thing they've got to look forward to  :D

100900[/snapback]

Bit of a pisser for the other team though....ooooh I get to swap with Andy Gray...hold on thats not the bloke off the telly

Aye but to be fair, with the way Sunderland are playing at the moment they must feel like a Sunday league team when they play the big clubs, and that the shirt-swapping at the end of the game is the only thing they've got to look forward to  :D

100900[/snapback]

Bit of a pisser for the other team though....ooooh I get to swap with Andy Gray...hold on thats not the bloke off the telly