msn messenger

LeazesMag

Very suitable. Helps kids stay in touch with their mates, without having to go into chatrooms or anything like that.

101047[/snapback]

Cheers mate

Do you download anything, and how does it work ? Is it a forum, whats the user age group, can you get spam, viruses or bogus pervs etc etc etc which is mainly what I'm bothered about ????

Very suitable. Helps kids stay in touch with their mates, without having to go into chatrooms or anything like that.

101047[/snapback]

Cheers mate

Do you download anything, and how does it work ? Is it a forum, whats the user age group, can you get spam, viruses or bogus pervs etc etc etc which is mainly what I'm bothered about ????

101049[/snapback]

You add your friends E-Mail address's, then you can chat in private conversations or you can add people to have a group converstions. The only way I could see you catching a virus is through one being hidden in a file, as you can send and recive files optionally, but if the people you add are trustworthy you have nothing to worry about.

Edited by Bellers

101047[/snapback]

Cheers mate

101049[/snapback]

My kids use it and it drives me mad, great if you want a virus, like. Life was fantastic lately when the thing was duff, downhill immediately when it came back.

You can set msn so your virus checker automatically starts up and checks any files that are sent over from other users. You download it from the MSN website. It's one of these things that most kids with pc's have. It's a programme that allows you to chat instantly to someone who's on your contact list. As mentioned the chats can be one on one or they can start a mini chat room.

Download it from here LM:

http://messenger.msn.com/

Fantastic tool IMO - we're using it more and more at work as it's becoming a useful tool for getting hold of colleagues when you want a question answering - much better than dumping an email and waiting for them to respond or leaving phone messages that never get returned....

Fantastic tool IMO - we're using it more and more at work as it's becoming a useful tool for getting hold of colleagues when you want a question answering - much better than dumping an email and waiting for them to respond or leaving phone messages that never get returned....

101059[/snapback]

Tosh! If someone can respond instantly to something on MSN they can answer the phone or reply to an email. Sounds like an excuse for a bit of browsing during the employers time if you ask me, like. :lol: Thieving fuckers, the youth of today. :jerkit:

101059[/snapback]

Tosh! If someone can respond instantly to something on MSN they can answer the phone or reply to an email. Sounds like an excuse for a bit of browsing during the employers time if you ask me, like. :lol: Thieving fuckers, the youth of today. :jerkit:

101063[/snapback]

Depends how busy you are. I've got about 120 unread emails in my inbox at the moment and I deal with the oldest one first. If someone at work gets my by MSN I see it straight away and deal with it there and then if required.

The amount of downtime following server failures has dramitically reduced since we had MSN installed. The person who needs to know finds out almost instantaneously....

Frightened of change tbh! :icon_lol:

101059[/snapback]

Tosh! If someone can respond instantly to something on MSN they can answer the phone or reply to an email. Sounds like an excuse for a bit of browsing during the employers time if you ask me, like. :lol: Thieving fuckers, the youth of today. :icon_lol:

101063[/snapback]

Depends how busy you are. I've got about 120 unread emails in my inbox at the moment and I deal with the oldest one first. If someone at work gets my by MSN I see it straight away and deal with it there and then if required.

The amount of downtime following server failures has dramitically reduced since we had MSN installed. The person who needs to know finds out almost instantaneously....

Frightened of change tbh! B)

101065[/snapback]

We're being forced to get it at work. On the contrary to what HTL has said, it means I will be forced to be at my desk when "working from home". Bugger. :angry:

Craig, are you going to move this thread or what? Lazy bugger. :jerkit:

101059[/snapback]

101063[/snapback]

Frightened of change tbh! :icon_lol:

101065[/snapback]

Hmm, if you say so.

101059[/snapback]

Tosh! If someone can respond instantly to something on MSN they can answer the phone or reply to an email. Sounds like an excuse for a bit of browsing during the employers time if you ask me, like. :lol: Thieving fuckers, the youth of today. :icon_lol:

101063[/snapback]

Frightened of change tbh! B)

101065[/snapback]

We're being forced to get it at work. On the contrary to what HTL has said, it means I will be forced to be at my desk when "working from home". Bugger. :angry:

101067[/snapback]

aye ! I did apologise for putting in the wrong section ... :blush:

101059[/snapback]

Tosh! If someone can respond instantly to something on MSN they can answer the phone or reply to an email. Sounds like an excuse for a bit of browsing during the employers time if you ask me, like. :lol: Thieving fuckers, the youth of today. B)

101063[/snapback]

Frightened of change tbh! :angry:

101065[/snapback]

We're being forced to get it at work. On the contrary to what HTL has said, it means I will be forced to be at my desk when "working from home". Bugger. :blush:

101067[/snapback]

I suggest you read my post again, properly this time. :icon_lol:

I suggest you read my post again, properly this time.  :lol:

101073[/snapback]

Well I'm saying I can't doss as much with MSN. You can always ignore e-mails and can quite easily watch day time TV while answering telephone calls. :jerkit:

101073[/snapback]

Well I'm saying I can't doss as much with MSN. You can always ignore e-mails and can quite easily watch day time TV while answering telephone calls. :icon_lol:

101075[/snapback]

Hadn't realised that like, suppose is depends on whether a person has a professional attitude or not.

Anyway, sounds like you're speaking from experience, mate. :jerkit: Are you claiming you're the working from home equivalent of Albert Luque?

Edited by Howaythelads

101073[/snapback]

Well I'm saying I can't doss as much with MSN. You can always ignore e-mails and can quite easily watch day time TV while answering telephone calls. :icon_lol:

101075[/snapback]

Hadn't realised that like, suppose is depends on whether a person has a professional attitude or not.

Anyway, sounds like you're speaking from experience, mate. :jerkit: Are you claiming you're the working from home equivalent of Albert Luque?

101080[/snapback]

Different people work differently. As long as the work gets done I don't think it matters how you do it. I tend to avoid working from home because the temptation to doss is too much and I end up having to make up for it by working all night. I'll only do it now if i'm waiting for a delivery/work man etc.

I do feel MSN is a pain in the arse as it's so distracting though, but it has its uses.