Larry Roberts

Guest CrimsonFault

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert is class and by far better than N'Zogbia.

101901[/snapback]

He's also about ten years older than him.

101905[/snapback]

Yeah I know. I think people are expecting to much from N'Zogbia, he had loads of chances to take the full back on and get tot he by-line and corss but he didn't, when he does it he is good but he needs to do it more often for my liking. He is better at taking people on than Robert, but Robert had a class about him, and probably the most talented player to play for us in the last 5 years.

101901[/snapback]

I was a huge fan of Larry's but I can't agree with that comment.

You're comparing a bairn who looks like he will eclipse Larry in terms of contribution to the toon in the future to a player who was bought in his prime!

Robert was the source of many great moments for the team but in ten years time I highly doubt Larry will even rate close to Charlie, SBR found us a gem the likes we haven't seen since Pedro or Gazza.

101901[/snapback]

You're comparing a bairn who looks like he will eclipse Larry in terms of contribution to the toon in the future to a player who was bought in his prime!

Robert was the source of many great moments for the team but in ten years time I highly doubt Larry will even rate close to Charlie, SBR found us a gem the likes we haven't seen since Pedro or Gazza.

102061[/snapback]

Nee pressure like.

101901[/snapback]

102061[/snapback]

Nee pressure like.

102064[/snapback]

No there is no pressure, he's a kid for fook sake but look at his attitude, he doesn't hide, he wants to be the first choice player for the LM, then look at other premiership first team players that share that attitude at that age and we're talking all excellent players.

I think those talking him down are worse. Comments like "Robert is class and far better that N'Zogbia" don't do him any favours do they.

So no pressure but att he same time don't let one's sentiment get in the way.

I think it's insane to say you cannot compare players, irrespective of their position.

John Terry is stronger than Ronaldinho.

There ya go, just compared two players whose position, style and temperament couldn't be more different.

Charlie has potential to eclipse Robert, but he hasn't the raw talent that Robert displayed. I don't remember Robert at N'Zogbia's age, so it's difficult to say whether or not Laurent was as hard working. It's also impossible for me to say whether or not that Left foot of Larry's came with age or whether it was as cultured as we recall, at the beginning of his career.

Charlie has quick feet and this is probably why he is such an exciting prospect, as the tired old cliche goes, defenders do not like facing pace. Robert could stretch his legs and had a fair bit of juice, but Charlie seems to be at full speed far quicker, the way he scythed through the southampton defense to set up Dyer was electrifying.

Robert's passing and shooting ability at Newcastle was undeniably outstanding and as yet, Charles hasn't shown similar ability to produce the spectacular. Give him time and I think he could become as refined as Bergkamp or Gianfranco Zola...maybe even Beardsley.

Where's Grimbo when you need him.

102395[/snapback]

He's busy sticking pins in his Robert voodoo doll like he does every day and counting how many misplaced passes Robert has made on the video compilations he's made of Laurent's games...allegedly!