Larry Roberts

Guest CrimsonFault

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To say you it's not valid to compare two left-wingers because they may have some different attributes is bollocks though Renton. By mentioning the fact they have different qualities you already are comparing them.

101207[/snapback]

Well yes, you can compare them in the same way you would Bellamy and Shearer then. :lol:

To say you it's not valid to compare two left-wingers because they may have some different attributes is bollocks though Renton. By mentioning the fact they have different qualities you already are comparing them.

101207[/snapback]

Well yes, you can compare them in the same way you would Bellamy and Shearer then. :lol:

101216[/snapback]

Would you, conceivably, play Shearer and Bellamy upfront together - yes. Would you play Robert and N'zogbia in the same team wide-left - no. Therefore comparing the former is different to comparing the latter in this context. :jerkit:

I can't believe we're doing this one again tbh :lol:

101214[/snapback]

Robert: greatest ever NUFC forum topic: FACT.

Leads to an argument every single time! We'll never, ever all agree on this one. :jerkit:

101217[/snapback]

The fact it leads to an argument every time sums him up for me. Genius on his day but could be very frustrating. I can't think of anyone who has split toon fans as much.

101207[/snapback]

101216[/snapback]

Would you, conceivably, play Shearer and Bellamy upfront together - yes. Would you play Robert and N'zogbia in the same team wide-left - no. Therefore comparing the former is different to comparing the latter in this context. :jerkit:

101218[/snapback]

So you can compare N'Zogbia with Robert but not Boumsong with Bramble. Righto. :icon_lol:

101207[/snapback]

101216[/snapback]

101218[/snapback]

So you can compare N'Zogbia with Robert but not Boumsong with Bramble. Righto. :icon_lol:

101220[/snapback]

I didn't say that and I didn't say you couldn't compare Bellamy and Shearer though did I. Nice try though.

101207[/snapback]

101216[/snapback]

Would you, conceivably, play Shearer and Bellamy upfront together - yes. Would you play Robert and N'zogbia in the same team wide-left - no. Therefore comparing the former is different to comparing the latter in this context. :icon_lol:

101218[/snapback]

So you can compare N'Zogbia with Robert but not Boumsong with Bramble. Righto. B)

101220[/snapback]

I didn't say that and I didn't say you couldn't compare Bellamy and Shearer though did I. Nice try though.

101221[/snapback]

Well OK I think we both know where we're coming from here. As you rightly point out you can compare any players in the same position, but what I'm saying is they (Robert and N'Zogbia) play in a very different way so expect a very different type of performance.

Hope that's cleared up. :jerkit:

I take in the points you're saying Renton, but I would argue that the rot with Robert set in under Robson, not Souness. Robert's actually upped his game under Souness when we went on that winning run when he first came in...then he got complacent again. I'll never question Robert's ability, but his attitude was poor.

I take in the points you're saying Renton, but I would argue that the rot with Robert set in under Robson, not Souness. Robert's actually upped his game under Souness when we went on that winning run when he first came in...then he got complacent again. I'll never question Robert's ability, but his attitude was poor.

101231[/snapback]

I can respect that viewpoint.

Unless I am seriously baited I will NEVER discuss Robert again! Case closed. :lol:

101207[/snapback]

101216[/snapback]

101218[/snapback]

Isn't Zoggys favoured position center mid though?

Alternatively you could always play Robert up front or just behind the front man. Then there's the old debate of whether Zoggy could do a job as a LB...

:icon_lol:

Edited by MrBass

101207[/snapback]

101216[/snapback]

Would you, conceivably, play Shearer and Bellamy upfront together - yes. Would you play Robert and N'zogbia in the same team wide-left - no. Therefore comparing the former is different to comparing the latter in this context. :icon_lol:

101218[/snapback]

Alternatively you could always play Robert up front or just behind the front man. Then there's the old debate of whether Zoggy could do a job as a LB...

B)

101331[/snapback]

Hence the phrase 'in this context'.

:angry:

:jerkit:

Lazy tit.

101127[/snapback]

You can be such a cantankerous bitch some mornings Gemmill :lol:

You know writing the word tit only encourages CF to post a pic of Dyer or smoothy a pic of his latest wank fodder!

101129[/snapback]

quality, wank fodder, have to use that phrase one day, pmsl.

Guest CrimsonFault
Lazy tit.

101127[/snapback]

You know writing the word tit only encourages CF to post a pic of Dyer or smoothy a pic of his latest wank fodder!

101129[/snapback]

101406[/snapback]

iiiii lmfao, omg omg omg omg lol.

Lazy tit.

101127[/snapback]

101129[/snapback]

101406[/snapback]

I'll let you use it but you'll have to pay.

wank fodder ©

101207[/snapback]

101216[/snapback]

101218[/snapback]

B)

101331[/snapback]

Yes, so he said in an interview. He views himself as a central midfielder, which of course makes Alex's argument about comparing him with Robert look a bit daft. :jerkit:

101207[/snapback]

101216[/snapback]

101218[/snapback]

B)

101331[/snapback]

Yes, so he said in an interview. He views himself as a central midfielder, which of course makes Alex's argument about comparing him with Robert look a bit daft. :jerkit:

101889[/snapback]

Apart from the fact he's been playing wide left and from his attributes I would guess it is his best position.