Imagine the uproar

LeazesMag

I've done a bit of political histroy lately so i'll attempt to draw a comparison.

Thatcher - Primeminister

Lamont  - Chancellor

Economy f**ks up big time, Lamont takes the fall, but who is ultimately responsible?

106655[/snapback]

the voters ?

poor comparison mind ...... ;)

106720[/snapback]

Aye fair enough...who then turn on her* as she is no longer perceived to be making the right decisions to take the country in the right direction and so she resigns. Whats the difference?

You're seriously deluded.

By the way re the question why I chose Liverpool as opposed to another club. They're a comparable size to us and they win stuff. Thats what I want us to do. I want us to be mre like them than Everton. You're content to just be 'better than Everton'. Which is part of the problem.

*Thatcher/Major.....it doesnt really matter

106728[/snapback]

So are the others I've mentioned, as i said all of them bar 2 have won cups since we have. So why Liverpool ? because they are the ONLY ones....as I said, raised expectations...football didn't start in 1992, and coming runners up 4 times since then without coming first doesn't make you shit or your board of directors either...

You aren't the only one who wants to win stuff, we all do. We have got closer to it and competed for it more consistently than all the other clubs of a "comparable size" to us, or able to compete, and beat us having done it before. By picking only Liverpool you are effectively putting us in a 2 team league finishing bottom....

The boards and chairman of ALL those other big city clubs could challenge us if they wanted to, or ambitious enough, but the simple fact is, they aren't.

106788[/snapback]

With regards to managerial appoinments: A good CV gives someone the 'right' to apply for a job. They then have an interview where they discuss their ideas and strategy, this is logical. I want to know what part of Dalgleish's interview Freddie liked, the bit about selling Ginola, Ferdinand and Asprilla? The bit about buying Anderson, Guivarch and Glass? The bit about investing in young players like Serrant and Hamilton?

A good CV is fine but you need to know a mangers plans before you employ him. Common sense.

106881[/snapback]

You do yourself no favours by taking the extreme examples to attempt to back it up mate.

For starters, selling Arsprilla was a great idea, and that would sell him to me like a shot.

As Ginola had clearly lost something at Newcastle, his future was clearly doubtful at the time.

Ferdinand was sold on the back of the club going PLC, to raise the share price, Mark Cambridge of the grey suit in London being hugely influential, this is well discussed and a bad blow of course, but not the usual circumstances.

If Dalglish had also told me he was going to buy Given, Solano, Speed, Hamman, Tomasson, Dabizas, and put the youth system back in place, i would have gave him the job, particularly on the back of his CV ? Wouldn't you ? [or anyone else ?]

To be fair, Serrant and Glass were reasonable gambles they were players for small fees who may have made the step up, they certainly helped to get the reserve team settled down again as quickly as possible.

BTW his CV beats all the current candidates hands down. So how can everyone on here say "they are good candidates" on the back of their CV ?

106909[/snapback]

So how does panic sacking Dalglish four games into the season fit into your assesment of Shepherds policy of getting the right man for the job and backing him?

106933[/snapback]

Two games and one loss iirc. It's undefendible, and whilst Gullit probably had to go, he repeated the mistake with Robson.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you might think you've got him cornered here lads, but expect a flurry of questions about completely different things in response. It's the message board equivalent of looking over your shoulder and shouting "LOOK OUT!" to distract your attention as he escapes.

I've done a bit of political histroy lately so i'll attempt to draw a comparison.

Thatcher - Primeminister

Lamont  - Chancellor

Economy f**ks up big time, Lamont takes the fall, but who is ultimately responsible?

106655[/snapback]

the voters ?

106720[/snapback]

Aye fair enough...who then turn on her* as she is no longer perceived to be making the right decisions to take the country in the right direction and so she resigns. Whats the difference?

By the way re the question why I chose Liverpool as opposed to another club. They're a comparable size to us and they win stuff. Thats what I want us to do. I want us to be mre like them than Everton. You're content to just be 'better than Everton'. Which is part of the problem.

106728[/snapback]

So are the others I've mentioned, as i said all of them bar 2 have won cups since we have. So why Liverpool ? because they are the ONLY ones....as I said, raised expectations...football didn't start in 1992, and coming runners up 4 times since then without coming first doesn't make you shit or your board of directors either...

You aren't the only one who wants to win stuff, we all do. We have got closer to it and competed for it more consistently than all the other clubs of a "comparable size" to us, or able to compete, and beat us having done it before. By picking only Liverpool you are effectively putting us in a 2 team league finishing bottom....

The boards and chairman of ALL those other big city clubs could challenge us if they wanted to, or ambitious enough, but the simple fact is, they aren't.

106788[/snapback]

With regards to managerial appoinments: A good CV gives someone the 'right' to apply for a job. They then have an interview where they discuss their ideas and strategy, this is logical. I want to know what part of Dalgleish's interview Freddie liked, the bit about selling Ginola, Ferdinand and Asprilla? The bit about buying Anderson, Guivarch and Glass? The bit about investing in young players like Serrant and Hamilton?

A good CV is fine but you need to know a mangers plans before you employ him. Common sense.

106881[/snapback]

You do yourself no favours by taking the extreme examples to attempt to back it up mate.

For starters, selling Arsprilla was a great idea, and that would sell him to me like a shot.

As Ginola had clearly lost something at Newcastle, his future was clearly doubtful at the time.

Ferdinand was sold on the back of the club going PLC, to raise the share price, Mark Cambridge of the grey suit in London being hugely influential, this is well discussed and a bad blow of course, but not the usual circumstances.

If Dalglish had also told me he was going to buy Given, Solano, Speed, Hamman, Tomasson, Dabizas, and put the youth system back in place, i would have gave him the job, particularly on the back of his CV ? Wouldn't you ? [or anyone else ?]

To be fair, Serrant and Glass were reasonable gambles they were players for small fees who may have made the step up, they certainly helped to get the reserve team settled down again as quickly as possible.

BTW his CV beats all the current candidates hands down. So how can everyone on here say "they are good candidates" on the back of their CV ?

106909[/snapback]

So how does panic sacking Dalglish four games into the season fit into your assesment of Shepherds policy of getting the right man for the job and backing him?

106933[/snapback]

simple answer to that is the totally unrealistic one that we should of course get the RIGHT manager in, EVERY time, as EVERYBODY else does....

And if you know the secret of finding the RIGHT manager, every time, you should share it, I've asked people on here enough times for it... and send it to Fred while you are at it I'm sure he'll be as grateful as the rest of us

Daft that like, and I thought YOU had more about you than make such a comment

Are you saying that Shepherd DIDN'T back Dalglish BTW ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Now you might think you've got him cornered here lads, but expect a flurry of questions about completely different things in response.  It's the message board equivalent of looking over your shoulder and shouting "LOOK OUT!" to distract your attention as he escapes.

106964[/snapback]

On the contrary Gem while I know I'm right it is easy to have the answers...

I'm still waiting for you and the others to give factual answers to my questions BTW, especially Alex and the ones I linked him to..

Thatcher - Primeminister

Lamont  - Chancellor

106655[/snapback]

the voters ?

106720[/snapback]

106728[/snapback]

106788[/snapback]

106881[/snapback]

106909[/snapback]

106933[/snapback]

simple answer to that is the totally unrealistic one that we should of course get the right manager in, EVERY time, as EVERYBODY else does....

Daft that like, and I thought YOU had more about you than make such a comment

106975[/snapback]

I chose my players as carefullt as you did to make the point.

To dismiss the excellent point (in bold) does you no favours though, you've enough about you to answer that point fairly.

Now you might think you've got him cornered here lads, but expect a flurry of questions about completely different things in response.  It's the message board equivalent of looking over your shoulder and shouting "LOOK OUT!" to distract your attention as he escapes.

106964[/snapback]

I'm still waiting for you and the others to give factual answers to my questions BTW, especially Alex and the ones I linked him to..

106977[/snapback]

Ask me a question and I'll answer it, as I already have done for the ones you asked ;)

106975[/snapback]

I am.

106984[/snapback]

What about the other questions Alex ?

Then consider the fact that if he hadn't backed him we wouldn't have allowed him to change the team so much ....

Fairly basic thinking, even for you

106975[/snapback]

I am.

106984[/snapback]

Then consider the fact that if he hadn't backed him we wouldn't have allowed him to change the team so much ....

106986[/snapback]

Which questions? Just ask me them instead of pretending I do what you do, i.e. fuck off or change the subject when you can't answer ;)

Incidentally, if he'd backed him he wouldn't have sacked him 3 matches or so into a new season as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by alex

106964[/snapback]

106977[/snapback]

Ask me a question and I'll answer it, as I already have done for the ones you asked ;)

106982[/snapback]

Why haven't the vast majority of other big city clubs matched our ambition, and performance, over the last decade, who have the capability to do so having proved it in the past ? Namely Leeds, Everton, Man City, Spurs, Villa, Wolves, Birmingham, mackems, Southampton, Portsmouth ...

Why didn't our old directors fill the ground every week, qualify for europe, buy England players including a captain, appoint top trophy winning managers to the club, qualify for europe on a regular basis, and reach 2 Cup Finals, instead of selling our best players, scouting around the lower divisions for replacements, and managers ?

Why didn't they also build on the Fairs Cup win, as the ideal platform [equivalent to the more recent Keegan years] to move onwards and retain ambition to be successful ?

Take your time now, I'm sure you'll find it very taxing

106975[/snapback]

I am.

106984[/snapback]

106986[/snapback]

Which questions? Just ask me them instead of pretending I do what you do, i.e. fuck off or change the subject when you can't answer ;)

Incidentally, if he'd backed him he wouldn't have sacked him 3 matches or so into a new season as far as I'm concerned.

106987[/snapback]

Well he could have of course left it until half way through the season like Souness....then what ?

he backed him with MONEY Alex...he gave him the freedom to re-create his success at Liverpool and Blackburn....understand ????? Comprehend ????

If you think this is the wrong approach, please explain what the right one is ?

106964[/snapback]

106977[/snapback]

Ask me a question and I'll answer it, as I already have done for the ones you asked :jester:

106982[/snapback]

Why haven't the vast majority of other big city clubs matched our ambition, and performance, over the last decade, who have the capability to do so having proved it in the past ? Namely Leeds, Everton, Man City, Spurs, Villa, Wolves, Birmingham, mackems, Southampton, Portsmouth ...

Why didn't our old directors fill the ground every week, qualify for europe, buy England players including a captain, appoint top trophy winning managers to the club, qualify for europe on a regular basis, and reach 2 Cup Finals, instead of selling our best players, scouting around the lower divisions for replacements, and managers ?

Why didn't they also build on the Fairs Cup win, as the ideal platform [equivalent to the more recent Keegan years] to move onwards and retain ambition to be successful ?

106991[/snapback]

Already answered you thick shit, see page 13 of this thread ;)

Well he could have of course left it until half way through the season like Souness....then what ?

he backed him with MONEY Alex...he gave him the freedom to re-create his success at Liverpool and Blackburn....understand ????? Comprehend ????

106992[/snapback]

Aye, he backed him with money then sacked him right at the start of a new season and to be honest, no I don't understand why he did it or why you're trying to defend his timing of that dismissal.

106992[/snapback]

Aye, he backed him with money then sacked him right at the start of a new season and to be honest, no I don't understand why he did it or why you're trying to defend his timing of that dismissal.

106994[/snapback]

Should have had the guts to dismiss him after the FA cup final OR given him an adequate run in the new season (whatever that is but more than 2 games). Howay Leazes man, I know you agree with this really.

106964[/snapback]

106977[/snapback]

Ask me a question and I'll answer it, as I already have done for the ones you asked :jester:

106982[/snapback]

106991[/snapback]

Ahem. ;)

106964[/snapback]

106977[/snapback]

106982[/snapback]

106991[/snapback]

Already answered you thick shit, see page 13 of this thread ;)

106993[/snapback]

Abuse = first sign of knowing you are losing and don't have an answer

You didn't answer those questions.

For Alex.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/...c,16535.60.html

Once again you have proved to be a stupid bastard who doesn't read threads....I don't give a shit if those players were available at the time or not, the question was to name players.... and I named players, low priced ones too, and also stated quite factually that bearing in mind the chairman had handed over 50m quid [as a result of himself running a club very well and having such an amount of money] that we could have bought all those players I named simply by making an offer that couldn't be turned down [as was the case with Boumsong], again because we are bigger than the clubs in question, which is down to the way the club is run by the chairman and his directors.

The questions I had in mind, which I'm sure everyone else knew what I meant, were

Name me the clubs who have been more successful than us on and off the pitch than us over the last decade. [Clue = 4. Which is why I named 4 players as you asked]

Explain why the other big city clubs have not filled their own grounds and maximed their potential to match us, as they have all done in the past. Thus answering who is responsible for us being bigger and better than Villa, Everton, Birmingham, Wolves, Portsmouth, Leeds, Southampton, Spurs, Man City over th last decade, when all these clubs have been bigger and better than us at times in the past, some of them for long periods.

Explain why our old board didn't fill the ground, buy England players, appoint England managers, and qualify regularly for europe, especially when they had the opportunity to build on the unexpected Fairs Cup Win.

As you are so quick to call trophy winning managers we appoint as "shit", please explain what exact criteria further to this the club should be doing in future, on top of funding all of them with an enormous amount of money to bring the same success to the club that they achieved elsewhere ?

Now, answer these questions, I answered yours, don't bother giving stupid little mincey smarmy 3 word answers like a fucking tart as usual....answer them with factual answers or don't bother fuckin asking me any more, and just accept you are talking a heap of crap and have absolutely no idea how much this football club has advanced ahead of our rivals under this current board of directors.

106542[/snapback]

Abuse you say ;)

For Alex.

Once again you have proved to be a stupid bastard who doesn't read threads....I don't give a shit if those players were available at the time or not, the question was to name players.... and I named players, low priced ones too, and also stated quite factually that bearing in mind the chairman had handed over 50m quid [as a result of himself running a club very well and having such an amount of money] that we could have bought all those players I named simply by making an offer that couldn't be turned down [as was the case with Boumsong], again because we are bigger than the clubs in question, which is down to the way the club is run by the chairman and his directors.

The questions I had in mind, which I'm sure everyone else knew what I meant, were

Name me the clubs who have been more successful than us on and off the pitch than us over the last decade. [Clue = 4. Which is why I named 4 players as you asked]

Explain why the other big city clubs have not filled their own grounds and maximed their potential to match us, as they have all done in the past. Thus answering who is responsible for us being bigger and better than Villa, Everton, Birmingham, Wolves, Portsmouth, Leeds, Southampton, Spurs, Man City over th last decade, when all these clubs have been bigger and better than us at times in the past, some of them for long periods.

Explain why our old board didn't fill the ground, buy England players, appoint England managers, and qualify regularly for europe, especially when they had the opportunity to build on the unexpected Fairs Cup Win.

As you are so quick to call trophy winning managers we appoint as "shit", please explain what exact criteria further to this the club should be doing in future, on top of funding all of them with an enormous amount of money to bring the same success to the club that they achieved elsewhere ?

Now, answer these questions, I answered yours, don't bother giving stupid little mincey smarmy 3 word answers like a fucking tart as usual....answer them with factual answers or don't bother fuckin asking me any more, and just accept you are talking a heap of crap and have absolutely no idea how much this football club has advanced ahead of our rivals under this current board of directors.

106542[/snapback]

Abuse you say ;)

107090[/snapback]

He said DON'T BOTHER giving stupid little mincey smarmy 3 word answers like a tart, and what do you do? Naughty boy! :jester:

106992[/snapback]

106994[/snapback]

Should have had the guts to dismiss him after the FA cup final OR given him an adequate run in the new season (whatever that is but more than 2 games). Howay Leazes man, I know you agree with this really.

106998[/snapback]

With hindsight.....which neither you, me nor anyone else has.

Did you say sack him after the FA Cup Final ?

When is the best time to sack a manager, early in the season like Dalglish or do you want to carry on baying for his head and wait until half way through like Souness ?

Is reaching the FA Cup Final failure BTW ?? And deserving of the sack...Just a thought like...

Why don't you think we shouldn't have given Dalglish more time, because of his track record of winning trophies, or is the "5 year plan" now out the window....

Truth is, you can't have it every way and no matter what Fred does you would twist something to criticise, unless he does the impossible and has foresight.

For Alex.

106542[/snapback]

Abuse you say ;)

107090[/snapback]

He said DON'T BOTHER giving stupid little mincey smarmy 3 word answers like a tart, and what do you do? Naughty boy! :jester:

107093[/snapback]

Working late Gem....or still thinking of answers

For Alex.

106542[/snapback]

Abuse you say ;)

107090[/snapback]

107093[/snapback]

Working late Gem....or still thinking of answers

107096[/snapback]

Answers to what? You're like an inquisitive child. What do you want to know now?

Leazes is that daft he tries to claim the moral highground over me for abusing him even though he'd already done the same to me about 3 pages earlier in the same thread. How can you argue/debate with someone like that. Thick as pig's shit tbh.