Imagine the uproar

LeazesMag

Errr, no it's an average.  Now who's having problems with his maths?? :o

107261[/snapback]

He doesn't have time for your fancy dan lecturing tbh.

What does this fancy dan lecture in, anyway; Cowboy Studies?

107263[/snapback]

;)

He "just thinks it's stupid." Is that the whole concept of averages Leazes, or just the ones that fuck your arguments RIGHT up? ;)

107265[/snapback]

Oh God gemma stop being such a prat

FWIW..I stand by my "arguments" which will in time be proved right. We will be very very fortunate if someone comes along and does better for this club than Shepherd and the Halls. I notice you still don't say who you have in mind

107268[/snapback]

I just think suggesting replacements is stupid.

107269[/snapback]

how childish

107274[/snapback]

I'm failing to see this whole "childish" thing you two have going on. You call him Gemma, he doesn't want to name a replacement (which I hasten to add, you failed to do when talking about Souness) and you call him childish?

You're a grown man for fucks sake!

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errr, no it's an average.  Now who's having problems with his maths?? :o

107261[/snapback]

He doesn't have time for your fancy dan lecturing tbh.

What does this fancy dan lecture in, anyway; Cowboy Studies?

107263[/snapback]

;)

He "just thinks it's stupid." Is that the whole concept of averages Leazes, or just the ones that fuck your arguments RIGHT up? ;)

107265[/snapback]

Oh God gemma stop being such a prat

FWIW..I stand by my "arguments" which will in time be proved right. We will be very very fortunate if someone comes along and does better for this club than Shepherd and the Halls. I notice you still don't say who you have in mind

107268[/snapback]

I just think suggesting replacements is stupid.

107269[/snapback]

how childish

107274[/snapback]

I'm failing to see this whole "childish" thing you two have going on. You call him Gemma, he doesn't want to name a replacement (which I hasten to add, you failed to do when talking about Souness) and you call him childish?

You're a grown man for fucks sake!

107285[/snapback]

Gem saying "stupid" i snothing other than a childish reference to me saying the same about taking an average league position...despite me giving an entirely acceptable reason for it. And you know it.

As for being "a grown man", we all are aren't we ? I mean you, Gemmill, everyone else...nobody is a schoolkid right ?

We will be very very fortunate if someone comes along and does better for this club than Shepherd and the Halls. I notice you still don't say who you have in mind

Whilst (sadly) I agree that we could do a lot worse, that shouldn't however stop us from demanding better or asking pertinent questions about the management of our club or those who 'manage' it.

And neither should it ever hold us back from wanting change. Alan Sugar was a Freddy Shepherd, he spent big, or tried to, he targeted big names, he talked the talk, but the people in control of Spurs today, who don't have his wealth or status, run the club much better than he ever did. They sprang out of a boardroom of a corporate bricks and mortar business.

Some of them aren't even Spurs supporters or were born within a stones throw of White Hart Lane.

It shouldn't be a question of who can replace Shepherd anyway, it doesn't need to be a mega rich businessman, a sugar daddy (Shepherd is neither anyway), or any kind of individual. We don't need a saviour like Steve Gibson or Dave Whelan. We just need a competent board.

The club makes enough money to sustain itself.

While I would ideally like the CEO or a Chairman of our club to be a Geordie, I realise the merits an independent board can bring, after all Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd before and now, were all ran by independent people not blood-tied to the 'their' respective clubs.

And look at the success they've had.

To sum up, I think we could do a hell of a lot better than FS and the Halls, a hell of a lot better and I'd wager that we would have far more success as a club without them, than with them.

107270[/snapback]

Only you could pick out the one positive thing I said about Shepherd and do a long essay on it. :o

We will be very very fortunate if someone comes along and does better for this club than Shepherd and the Halls. I notice you still don't say who you have in mind

Whilst (sadly) I agree that we could do a lot worse, that shouldn't however stop us from demanding better or asking pertinent questions about the management of our club or those who 'manage' it.

And neither should it ever hold us back from wanting change. Alan Sugar was a Freddy Shepherd, he spent big, or tried to, he targeted big names, he talked the talk, but the people in control of Spurs today, who don't have his wealth or status, run the club much better than he ever did. They sprang out of a boardroom of a corporate bricks and mortar business.

Some of them aren't even Spurs supporters or were born within a stones throw of White Hart Lane.

It shouldn't be a question of who can replace Shepherd anyway, it doesn't need to be a mega rich businessman, a sugar daddy (Shepherd is neither anyway), or any kind of individual. We don't need a saviour like Steve Gibson or Dave Whelan. We just need a competent board.

The club makes enough money to sustain itself.

While I would ideally like the CEO or a Chairman of our club to be a Geordie, I realise the merits an independent board can bring, after all Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd before and now, were all ran by independent people not blood-tied to the 'their' respective clubs.

And look at the success they've had.

To sum up, I think we could do a hell of a lot better than FS and the Halls, a hell of a lot better and I'd wager that we would have far more success as a club without them, than with them.

107270[/snapback]

Only you could pick out the one positive thing I said about Shepherd and do a long essay on it. :o

107365[/snapback]

Long? By HTT's standards this is a one-liner.