Imagine the uproar

LeazesMag

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you have to invent stuff to get your point across? Who in their right mind (rather than tongue-in-cheek) reckoned Shepherd was deliberately trying to get us relegated in order to get the share price down?

plenty of posts going around, I can't be arsed to dig them out but not surprisingly you must have missed them as you seem to miss most other things or not read them properly.

Also, who has said that Shepherd is being judged purely on our not winning a trophy in his time here?

You. As you are saying losing 2 Finals and playing in the Champions League is failure.

Also, I don't see how not going for foreign coaches because Gullit was a failure is a sign of Shepherd learning from his mistakes.

I would say it is, as he is thinking a more local man would have the interests of the club more to heart, pretty logical and basic thinking .

More a stupid overreaction to things not working out in my opinion but if, again, I am to follow your logic, he should have known not to get Souness following Daglish on the basis getting a Scotman didn't work before.

103757[/snapback]

Then he could have got Alex Ferguson which is just another example of your short sighted vision

103763[/snapback]

In all seriousness, if thats what we're dealing with (and I'm not saying it is, but if we're going accept your version and invest FF with your views of him), then we SERIOUSLY need a new chairman

Sort your quotes out Steve, mate!

103765[/snapback]

you're too late as usual

103768[/snapback]

You've sorted them out then, Steve mate?

Edited by Omar

Why do you have to invent stuff to get your point across? Who in their right mind (rather than tongue-in-cheek) reckoned Shepherd was deliberately trying to get us relegated in order to get the share price down?

plenty of posts going around, I can't be arsed to dig them out but not surprisingly you must have missed them as you seem to miss most other things or not read them properly.

Also, who has said that Shepherd is being judged purely on our not winning a trophy in his time here?

You. As you are saying losing 2 Finals and playing in the Champions League is failure.

Also, I don't see how not going for foreign coaches because Gullit was a failure is a sign of Shepherd learning from his mistakes.

I would say it is, as he is thinking a more local man would have the interests of the club more to heart, pretty logical and basic thinking .

More a stupid overreaction to things not working out in my opinion but if, again, I am to follow your logic, he should have known not to get Souness following Daglish on the basis getting a Scotman didn't work before.

103757[/snapback]

Then he could have got Alex Ferguson which is just another example of your short sighted vision

103763[/snapback]

In all seriousness, if thats what we're dealing with (and I'm not saying it is, but if we're going accept your version and invest FF with your views of him), then we SERIOUSLY need a new chairman

103767[/snapback]

Why not, if it makes you realise a mistake ? Thats the point. After all he did get it right with Robson, really the thing is it turned out that Gullit was a twat, and who was to know this beforehand when he had done a good job with Chelsea ? A lot of supporters were behind Gullit at the time too, and those who pretend now that they weren't are liars...but Gullit did admit that he had made his own mistakes and nothing to do with Fred who he went on record as saying he himself was to blame for the clubs bad results and no one else. Despite supporters oddly still blaming

Shepherd for bad results, ie Alex

I would say it is, as he is thinking a more local man would have the interests of the club more to heart, pretty logical and basic thinking, as most people are aware that the big problem he had with Gullit was that he fucked off over to Amsterdam too much and didn't work hard enough for the club

103757[/snapback]

103763[/snapback]

On the first point, you may be right but I can't remember those posts but here's an idea, just answer stuff that people have posted fairly recently then you can't get accused of bullshit when you can't back it up with evidence.

Next, I haven't said not winning the two cup finals plus getting in the Champions League was a failure, in reality though it isn't success either is it?

As for the point about Gullit, if as a chairman your answer to having problems with a foreigner is to get the most local candidate possible you're stupid. However, I give Shepherd more credit than that, Robson was the best man available who would take the job. Lucky he was available though eh?

As for the last point, I was employing your logic (or my interpretation of it), not mine. Ferguson's a GREAT © example though, we could easily have gotten him :clapping:

103765[/snapback]

you're too late as usual

103768[/snapback]

103771[/snapback]

Still counting the games I've been to Dino, have you finished counting yours already ?

103765[/snapback]

you're too late as usual

103768[/snapback]

103771[/snapback]

Still counting the games I've been to Dino, have you finished counting yours already ?

103776[/snapback]

And when all else fails, pull the soopafan card.

103757[/snapback]

103763[/snapback]

103767[/snapback]

Why not, if it makes you realise a mistake ? Thats the point. After all he did get it right with Robson, really the thing is it turned out that Gullit was a twat, and who was to know this beforehand when he had done a good job with Chelsea ? A lot of supporters were behind Gullit at the time too, and those who pretend now that they weren't are liars...but Gullit did admit that he had made his own mistakes and nothing to do with Fred who he went on record as saying he himself was to blame for the clubs bad results and no one else. Despite supporters oddly still blaming

103774[/snapback]

The reason why that logic is dreadful and fundementally flawed is that to employ that criterion is to minimise your pool of candidates beyond common sense or reason. Instead of looking at all managers in world football you end up restricting yourself to Geordies or a poor mans Geordie (Scots). Incidentally, you realise that paves the way for Steve Bruce dont you, now that Martin O' Neill is taking the mackems job! :clapping:

I would say it is, as he is thinking a more local man would have the interests of the club more to heart, pretty logical and basic thinking, as most people are aware that the big problem he had with Gullit was that he fucked off over to Amsterdam too much and didn't work hard enough for the club

103757[/snapback]

103763[/snapback]

On the first point, you may be right but I can't remember those posts but here's an idea, just answer stuff that people have posted fairly recently then you can't get accused of bullshit when you can't back it up with evidence.

Next, I haven't said not winning the two cup finals plus getting in the Champions League was a failure, in reality though it isn't success either is it?

Funny like but about 88 other clubs would consider it success, as we did ourselves for 22 years pre-Shepherd and the Halls...yet you don't.

As for the point about Gullit, if as a chairman your answer to having problems with a foreigner is to get the most local candidate possible you're stupid.

point explained above. And I think its just learning from mistakes no more no less, which is what the likes of you keep harping on about don't you, using the usual hindsight though

However, I give Shepherd more credit than that, Robson was the best man available who would take the job. Lucky he was available though eh?

More like unlucky he wasn't available a few years earlier when he was first choice...and had been waiting for another opportunity, but as usual don't let facts get in the way of you trying to prove Shepherd a "shit" chairman

As for the last point, I was employing your logic (or my interpretation of it), not mine. Ferguson's a GREAT © example though, we could easily have gotten him  :clapping:

103775[/snapback]

of course, shame he wasn't available

BTW we nearly did once .....

103757[/snapback]

103763[/snapback]

103767[/snapback]

103774[/snapback]

The reason why that logic is dreadful and fundementally flawed is that to employ that criterion is to minimise your pool of candidates beyond common sense or reason. Instead of looking at all managers in world football you end up restricting yourself to Geordies or a poor mans Geordie (Scots). Incidentally, you realise that paves the way for Steve Bruce dont you, now that Martin O' Neill is taking the mackems job! :clapping:

103781[/snapback]

When it comes to the crunch, time is a healer, and he didn't though did he, and neither is he going to this time either

BTW...mm...I do keep saying here that Shepherd isn't the major shareholder, he carries out the wishes of the board as a whole....which is why you shouldn't take too literally everything he says all the time....

Truce Leazes? I think you're talking shite like but no doubt the felings mutual.

103784[/snapback]

I think you always do Alex regarding Fred and the board, particularly as you still don't answer the question about how being better than all those big city rivals is failure.....nor what you think they are not doing that you think they should, but what the hell its only a message board not like real life after all ..... :clapping:

Truce Leazes? I think you're talking shite like but no doubt the felings mutual.

103784[/snapback]

I think you always do Alex regarding Fred and the board, particularly as you still don't answer the question about how being better than all those big city rivals is failure.....nor what you think they are not doing that you think they should, but what the hell its only a message board not like real life after all ..... :nufc:

103789[/snapback]

Ok then, fuck it :clapping: I tried like. 14th last season though, few big city rivals above us there and the season before too.

103784[/snapback]

I think you always do Alex regarding Fred and the board, particularly as you still don't answer the question about how being better than all those big city rivals is failure.....nor what you think they are not doing that you think they should, but what the hell its only a message board not like real life after all ..... :nufc:

103789[/snapback]

Ok then, fuck it :clapping: I tried like. 14th last season though, few big city rivals above us there and the season before too.

103792[/snapback]

Truce accepted Alex....... :)

2 crap positions due to Souness, and missing Craig Bellamy of course :blush:

103784[/snapback]

I think you always do Alex regarding Fred and the board, particularly as you still don't answer the question about how being better than all those big city rivals is failure.....nor what you think they are not doing that you think they should, but what the hell its only a message board not like real life after all ..... :blush:

103789[/snapback]

103792[/snapback]

Truce accepted Alex....... :blush:

2 crap positions due to Souness, and missing Craig Bellamy of course :lol:

103795[/snapback]

:nufc: You tosser :)

I think you're talking shite

when did ya work it out?! :clapping:

LeazesMag!! :nufc::):blush:

103791[/snapback]

Who let him in !

103793[/snapback]

Superb stuff by soooopafan! :blush::lol::(

103794[/snapback]

hadaway dino you're just jealous

103784[/snapback]

I think you always do Alex regarding Fred and the board, particularly as you still don't answer the question about how being better than all those big city rivals is failure.....nor what you think they are not doing that you think they should, but what the hell its only a message board not like real life after all ..... :blush:

103789[/snapback]

103792[/snapback]

2 crap positions due to Souness, and missing Craig Bellamy of course :(

103795[/snapback]

103796[/snapback]

:lol:

Edited by Omar

103784[/snapback]

103789[/snapback]

103792[/snapback]

2 crap positions due to Souness, and missing Craig Bellamy of course :lol:

103795[/snapback]

103796[/snapback]

correct though :(