advertising tickets for Bolton game on itv???

toontoasey

was amazed to see an advert for the home game on saturday against Bolton advertising tickets, i thought every home game was more or less a sell-out at SJP, could it be that Souness management and our pathetic performances under him have driven some of the fans away, i wonder?? :lol: till i die.

was amazed to see an advert for the home game on saturday against Bolton advertising tickets, i thought every home game was more or less a sell-out at SJP, could it be that Souness management and our pathetic performances under him have driven some of the fans away, i wonder?? :lol:  till i die.

101288[/snapback]

Been a few of them lately even for league games. I think we've still managed 50k+ for every league game at St. James' this season though.

I cringe when I see these adverts, especially the 'it's in your blood' shite. People know if a game is on or not, if they want to go they'll go, I doubt very much someone sits at home and goes 'eeee..are we playing Bolton Saturday?' Maybe if they dropped the price for League and Cup games we wouldn't have to advertise.

was amazed to see an advert for the home game on saturday against Bolton advertising tickets, i thought every home game was more or less a sell-out at SJP, could it be that Souness management and our pathetic performances under him have driven some of the fans away, i wonder?? :lol:  till i die.

101288[/snapback]

Been a few of them lately even for league games. I think we've still managed 50k+ for every league game at St. James' this season though.

101289[/snapback]

definately, always around the 50000 mark, just found it strange seein them advertised on tv,usually cant get tickets for love nor money.

I cringe when I see these adverts, especially the 'it's in your blood' shite. People know if a game is on or not, if they want to go they'll go, I doubt very much someone sits at home and goes 'eeee..are we playing Bolton Saturday?' Maybe if they dropped the price for League and Cup games we wouldn't have to advertise.

101292[/snapback]

Must work though. It was hilarious under Souness when we were playing shite and they had to find some positive hook like "Can Newcastle do the double over Blackburn?".

I think the attendance figures are a load of bollocks mind - they must count all ST holders as being there. I remember last year there was a midweek league game with large gaps as people simply couldn't be arsed to go yet it was apparently over 50,000. Yeah, right. :lol:

On a related note, will the mackem game sell out?

Wonder if SAFC will send me a ticket offer as a "valuable customer"? [the people who lived in my house before me must have been mackems as this is what I received. SMB].

101292[/snapback]

Must work though. It was hilarious under Souness when we were playing shite and they had to find some positive hook like "Can Newcastle do the double over Blackburn?".

I think the attendance figures are a load of bollocks mind - they must count all ST holders as being there. I remember last year there was a midweek league game with large gaps as people simply couldn't be arsed to go yet it was apparently over 50,000. Yeah, right. :lol:

101299[/snapback]

Aye, that's true like, 50,000 tickets sold I suppose so that's all that matters to the club.

Still, nothing can surpass the brilliance of 'Get your season ticket now! Get your season ticket now!' :lol:

Yet again I've been offered a ticket in the home end for the mackem match, and yet again I aint touching it with a bargepole... :jerkit:

Still, nothing can surpass the brilliance of 'Get your season ticket now! Get your season ticket now!'  :lol:

Yet again I've been offered a ticket in the home end for the mackem match, and yet again I aint touching it with a bargepole...  :jerkit:

101305[/snapback]

Don't blame you, if you're out like me you'd shout the wrong thing at the right time. Then get filled in :icon_lol:

Still, nothing can surpass the brilliance of 'Get your season ticket now! Get your season ticket now!'  :lol:

Yet again I've been offered a ticket in the home end for the mackem match, and yet again I aint touching it with a bargepole...  :jerkit:

101305[/snapback]

I've also been offered... and accepted... :icon_lol:

101305[/snapback]

101323[/snapback]

How come you and SJP have been offered?

101305[/snapback]

101323[/snapback]

101326[/snapback]

I know a mackem season ticket holder with some spare tickets (shock) and they offered me one...

101305[/snapback]

101323[/snapback]

101326[/snapback]

I know a mackem season ticket holder with some spare tickets (shock) and they offered me one...

101334[/snapback]

You're braver than me like. I remember at SJP in 1997 (no away fans allowed) a group of mackems cheered behind me in the East stand when they scored first. They shat themselves when they realised what they'd done (I have no idea how they got 30 tickets together). One of them disappeared to the toilet and didn't reappear.

I remember the 1-0 there a few years back when Nobby scored the penalty and i had the misfortune of deciding to accept a ticket in the Mackem end, never again shall i be doing that

Just gonna try and be quiet...

I sat in the Wigan end earlier this season... Not that same sort of situation though obviously!

101345[/snapback]

I had all these Mackem Cunts going mad around me when Kyle scored near the end, then it was disallowed and i think i shouted for about a second before realising what i was doing, they surely must have known like as i wasn't just quiet as a mouse all game

Just gonna try and be quiet...

I sat in the Wigan end earlier this season... Not that same sort of situation though obviously!

101345[/snapback]

I had all these Mackem Cunts going mad around me when Kyle scored near the end, then it was disallowed and i think i shouted for about a second before realising what i was doing, they surely must have known like as i wasn't just quiet as a mouse all game

101349[/snapback]

I shouted for about 5 minutes when Shearer had that header clearly across the line...

Then a 2p coin flew past my head so I decided to take up a new position! :lol:

They probably advertise so people realise there ARE tickets available - if anyone asks me I always tell them they don't stand a chance of a ticket so its agood thing IMHO

The advert is crap of course

I've been offered one by a mackem season ticket holder who's stopped going, he's that fed up. I've heard a rumour that mackem season ticket holders are being given the chance to apply for an extra tciket for our game as well. Don't know if that's true or not.

Anyway, there's no fucking way I could sit with them. What am I supposed to do if we score? What am I supposed to do if they score ffs? I remember when I used to sit in the Milburn at the game where the away fans were banned, the mackems scored and there was a load of them in one of the corporate boxes behind us, started to bang on the window and give us the Vs etc. There was hell on. :lol:

I've been offered one by a mackem season ticket holder who's stopped going, he's that fed up. I've heard a rumour that mackem season ticket holders are being given the chance to apply for an extra tciket for our game as well. Don't know if that's true or not.

Anyway, there's no fucking way I could sit with them. What am I supposed to do if we score? What am I supposed to do if they score ffs? I remember when I used to sit in the Milburn at the game where the away fans were banned, the mackems scored and there was a load of them in one of the corporate boxes behind us, started to bang on the window and give us the Vs etc. There was hell on.  :lol:

101593[/snapback]

You're supposed to "take" the North stand, single-handedly if necessary. :jerkit:

101288[/snapback]

101289[/snapback]

definately, always around the 50000 mark, just found it strange seein them advertised on tv,usually cant get tickets for love nor money.

101294[/snapback]

I have never had a problem of getting tickets for a game, since the extension was built, in the days before development tickets were like goldust.

Anyway, there's no fucking way I could sit with them. What am I supposed to do if we score? What am I supposed to do if they score ffs? I remember when I used to sit in the Milburn at the game where the away fans were banned, the mackems scored and there was a load of them in one of the corporate boxes behind us, started to bang on the window and give us the Vs etc. There was hell on.  :lol:

101593[/snapback]

I sat with the mackems at the SoL once and it was a fucking nightmare.. I can't believe I let my friend talk me into it. There was the two of us (both lasses) plus my mam's then boyfriend (a big stocky fella) and his 9 year old son, who were Sunderland supporters.

It was the game where Solano scored and I'm just fucking glad it was a penalty so I had a chance to restrain myself - if we had've just scored I would've got killed. :jerkit: My friend and I went into the same toilet cubicle at half time and just jumped up and down for a few minutes to celebrate.

We were completely outed when they had a late goal disallowed. We were sat in the second row and the entire row in front (apart from one newly outed mag) ran forward towards the pitch to celebrate. We just sat there in disbelief, then pissed ourselves laughing when they turned round and sat back down. Left very soon after that.:icon_lol:

Absolutely never again though.