who fancies ruining their Saturday? Once more into the breech dear friends...

Dr Gloom

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to watch a game from a committed team for once. Callum Wilson head and shoulders man of the match, but there were several other players who really put in, Miguel Almiron being one. Heck, even Hendrick looked like he had a role to play out there and actually contributed.

• Like 2

Massive that like. As much as I want rid of Bruce I don’t really see how relegation does the club any good at all. And we were sinking like a stone it seemed. Could do with West Brom and Fulham playing out a turgid 0-0 now 

Edited by Alex

Just now, Alex said:

Massive that like. As much as I want rid of Bruce I don’t really see how relegation does the club any good at all. Could do with West Brom and Fulham playing out a turgid 0-0 now 

Indeed, those 3 points were needed. Fulham have played two less and were in better form. This wasn't even a typical Bruce flukey victory, we fully deserved the points here. Can't explain it except to say that bringing in Jones must have strongly contributed.

• Like 3

It shows that the team is much more capable of playing decent football. Good performance, created some decent chances and battled well. If we are playing like this then we have two home game games coming up where we could make huge steps towards safety.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

It shows that the team is much more capable of playing decent football. Good performance, created some decent chances and battled well. If we are playing like this then we have two home game games coming up where we could make huge steps towards safety.

Definitely. We played like this in the first game of the season against West Ham. I was optimistic after that but then normal service was resumed. With Wilson, Almiron, ASM, Fraser - there is talent in the squad. Hopefully this isn’t a another blip. 

He’s always banging on about how we’ve played a certain way, on the counter, defending deep  for a few years now. 

He’s only had 18 months to change things. Change the fucking record 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

Apart from the two eariler sitters he missed and all the other chances he's missed in the last few games.

How did gillingham get on today? 

• Haha 6