who fancies ruining their Saturday? Once more into the breech dear friends...

Dr Gloom

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a back four, a diamond in midfield, real attacking intent, shots on goal, and a visibly much more motivated and organised team. Surely this improved performance coinciding with the new coach Jones coming in is just a coincidence, and this is what Brucie has been working towards for weeks, months, almost two years? I mean it couldn't be that a championship level coach can come in and show up Brucie in a mere few days and demonstrate that we actually have some decent players 😉 The one bit of genuine praise I can give Bruce is that if it was his decision to bring in Jones, at this admittedly very early stage, it appears to be the correct one.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I’ve just been told that Prickford refused to shake hands or touch elbows with every Toon player after the final whistle.

I hate the wee prick but in his defence he doesn't even have actual arms.

• Haha 5

39 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

I hate the wee prick but in his defence he doesn't even have actual arms.

For the first goal he wasn’t in a good position when Wilson headed the ball because he’d got involved with a bit pushing on Hendrick.For the second he came,he went back,then came again to block the shot.Hesitation at it’s worst/best.Two awful games on the trot for the sad makem bastard.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

:lol: For fucks sake. 

Edwards post is as entirely predictable as he thinks the fans response is, he’s basically trying to give Bruce all the plaudits for the win and performance. I don’t see it being a particular stretch to say Jones has had an impact here, we played the same formation as he’d used at one of his former clubs, and Wilson had one of his best games for us, to write all that off and try to act like Bruce deserves 100% of the credit here is a heap of bollocks. Then again I expect nothing less from the bloke, he’s long lost any credibility he has as a journalist after goading the fans over the takeover, and now he’s giving daily hand jobs to Bruce. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Howay said:

Edwards post is as entirely predictable as he thinks the fans response is, he’s basically trying to give Bruce all the plaudits for the win and performance. I don’t see it being a particular stretch to say Jones has had an impact here, we played the same formation as he’d used at one of his former clubs, and Wilson had one of his best games for us, to write all that off and try to act like Bruce deserves 100% of the credit here is a heap of bollocks. Then again I expect nothing less from the bloke, he’s long lost any credibility he has as a journalist after goading the fans over the takeover, and now he’s giving daily hand jobs to Bruce. 

He could’ve just said a new coach has come in, it looks like they’ve tried something different on their advice and it’s worked really well in this fixture. But no, he had to lie to try and get one over on some fan who made a comment about the new coach. And how fucking stupid would you have to be to not think you’d be pulled up on that straight away? 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Howay said:

If the Everton performance and result was 100% down to Brucey,every other performance and result must also have been down to Brucey.We’ve been virtually shit in every game this season.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

If the Everton performance and result was 100% down to Brucey,every other performance and result must also have been down to Brucey.We’ve been virtually shit in every game this season.

Could tell that Jones had more of an input considering Wilson was making his runs by cutting in from the outside for a change instead of being asked to chase hoofs into the channels from a standing position on the halfway line. If Bruce knew that was how to play him, you’d think he’d have tried it before now.

• Like 1

Spot on.We were passing to Wilson more than hoofing towards Wilson.Flat Ever Ready batteries ( remember them ) were replaced with Duracell batteries with Brucey eventually  realising a change was necessary.It helped that Everton hadn’t done their homework on our left back’s cowardice when bravery is required.Keep the cheating/diving Zaha quiet tomorrow night and who knows,two wins on the trot? If Lascelles is missing through injury or ‘injury’ then I fancy a win if Jones is again in charge of tactics.

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Could tell that Jones had more of an input considering Wilson was making his runs by cutting in from the outside for a change instead of being asked to chase hoofs into the channels from a standing position on the halfway line. If Bruce knew that was how to play him, you’d think he’d have tried it before now.

Absolutely