Goddamn public transport....

Radgina

....hate it hate it hate it :lol:

First of all all the dodgy posh school kids pile on ( an believe you me they can be worse than charvers) an decide to jump around like lunatics, then on get the "fashion students" comparing portfolios over the top of my head........then along comes a big fat smelly wife who practically sits on my shoulder whilst I am trying to read Anal Oliver....... :jerkit:

the sooner I pass my driving test and am able to sit in traffic jams the better !!!!

( rant over....I thank you....) :icon_lol:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing about driving is not having to use public transport. No waiting about in the rain for buses that turn up when they want, no having to sit opposite at 14 year old Charva mother and little Chantelle who gets Greggs everywhere but in her mouth and best of all, no school kids.

I like public Transport personally, but then I don't get a school run.

My bus is virtually empty and I get a lovely boat ride on the ferry twice a day.

Get all my reading done on public transport. I drove for 2 years and never read a proper book in the whole time.

Plus I do a lot of walking now. I'd be a fat shit if I drove everywhere and sat at my desk all day.

Plus With the traffic into Newcastle and through the tunnel. Public transport is quicker.

the Metro is like Rock Pooling, the sheer volume of nasty little creatures is staggering.

hate the bus and the metro, either the chavs, the school kids (which can be the chav or non-chav flavour), the old biddies that smell of piss and digestive biscuits, the drunks and of course the extortionate price of it all.

Spent the best part of a fiver just to get into Newcastle today. £1.70 to Whitley bay, then £2.60 to Haymarket. Bloody rip off.

I find the metro ok, generally. I hate the bus though.

101350[/snapback]

Only used it twice since my incident last year. If I started using it again I'd end up either killing someone or being killed I reckon. Driving is infinitely preferable.

I find the metro ok, generally. I hate the bus though.

101350[/snapback]

Only used it twice since my incident last year. If I started using it again I'd end up either killing someone or being killed I reckon. Driving is infinitely preferable.

101356[/snapback]

If you have an 'incident', isn't that a result of being in public, rather than on the metro. I was walking down King Street a few years back and 2 lads tried to give me a pasting. I don't hate King Street now though, just arseholes.

My bus is virtually empty and I get a lovely boat ride on the ferry twice a day.

Get all my reading done on public transport.  I drove for 2 years and never read a proper book in the whole time.

Plus I do a lot of walking now.  I'd be a fat shit if I drove everywhere and sat at my desk all day.

Plus With the traffic into Newcastle and through the tunnel.  Public transport is quicker.

101353[/snapback]

Similar with me really, if you have a good book / some decent tunes it makes it much more pleasant.

the Metro is like Rock Pooling, the sheer volume of nasty little creatures is staggering.

hate the bus and the metro, either the chavs, the school kids (which can be the chav or non-chav flavour), the old biddies that smell of piss and digestive biscuits, the drunks and of course the extortionate price of it all.

Spent the best part of a fiver just to get into Newcastle today. £1.70 to Whitley bay, then £2.60 to Haymarket. Bloody rip off.

101354[/snapback]

I normally time it so I miss the "schoolies" but was so p'd off at work I decided to chance it...bad move!

I tend not to use it on a night time tho as getting off at Felling after 9.00p.m is smack heads paradise... :jerkit:

i get a corporate annual pass through work tho so it works out about £1.00 a day to go anywhere I like on the "big yellow taxi"..... :lol:

the traffic is a nightmare at times, but I'd still swap the horrors of public transport for a traffic jam any day of the week.

plus you're more relaxed in your car, you can really enjoy pungent farts, sing loudly along to tunes that normally you'd be too embarrassed to even mime and of course the glory that is watching the plebs standing in the pissing rain waiting for a bus that's ten minutes late.

Get all my reading done on public transport.  I drove for 2 years and never read a proper book in the whole time.

Plus I do a lot of walking now.  I'd be a fat shit if I drove everywhere and sat at my desk all day.

Plus With the traffic into Newcastle and through the tunnel.  Public transport is quicker.

101353[/snapback]

Similar with me really, if you have a good book / some decent tunes it makes it much more pleasant.

101360[/snapback]

Happy Face is spot on about the reading and walking mind. I haven't read a book in months now, never get the time. As for walking, I have to actually do that in my lunch hour.

Still, it beats getting chinned. True that can happen anywhere in public but on the Metro you are a captive audience for the nutters.

not snobby, just don't particularly enjoy spending any amount of time with people that I'd happily forced feed to a rabid chimp.

oh, did I mention Goths.... they annoy me.

the traffic is a nightmare at times, but I'd still swap the horrors of public transport for a traffic jam any day of the week.

plus you're more relaxed in your car, you can really enjoy pungent farts, sing loudly along to tunes that normally you'd be too embarrassed to even mime and of course the glory that is watching the plebs standing in the pissing rain waiting for a bus that's ten minutes late.

101363[/snapback]

Those 'plebs' and their taxes finance your crazee student lifestyle sonny Jim :lol:

Drive whenever possible.  Don't do buses at all, but will get the metro every now and again.  Self-confessed public transport snob. :lol:

101373[/snapback]

drivers....too snobby...too perpetual...... :jerkit:

Those 'plebs' and their taxes finance your crazee student lifestyle sonny Jim :lol:

101374[/snapback]

.... as they should do. :jerkit:

anyway if they don't buy a ticket for the metro it's unlikely they're first in line to pay their taxes.

Those 'plebs' and their taxes finance your crazee student lifestyle sonny Jim :jerkit:

101374[/snapback]

.... as they should do. :icon_lol:

anyway if they don't buy a ticket for the metro it's unlikely they're first in line to pay their taxes.

101379[/snapback]

Why would people waiting in the rain for a bus buy a Metro ticket?

:lol:

101363[/snapback]

TBH