Goddamn public transport....

Radgina

I use the Metro all the time and don't have a problem with it apart from thinking it's too expensive and (as SLP says) far too easy to avoid paying (which probably explains why the fares are so high). That said, I only go from Benton to the Toon/Gateshead so I probably avoid most of the North Shields/Waalsend/Byker/Walker heid cases.

101708[/snapback]

I used to go from Whitley to Byker every day and it wasn't too bad, a couple of nutters on the tea time one back but no trouble that I saw. However, I imagine later on that part of the track is a bit tasty.

101722[/snapback]

I find the Shiremoor and meadowell sctions worst. Alex is lucky he gets off at Benton, people seem to mutate past that point.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the Metro all the time and don't have a problem with it apart from thinking it's too expensive and (as SLP says) far too easy to avoid paying (which probably explains why the fares are so high). That said, I only go from Benton to the Toon/Gateshead so I probably avoid most of the North Shields/Waalsend/Byker/Walker heid cases.

101708[/snapback]

I used to go from Whitley to Byker every day and it wasn't too bad, a couple of nutters on the tea time one back but no trouble that I saw. However, I imagine later on that part of the track is a bit tasty.

101722[/snapback]

Death Valley. That's what my mate calls the stretch from Monument to North Shields.

Aye, I meant later on like. In terms of commuting it's never going to be that rough but after dark on a weekend when the pissheads are on...it's a bit different isn't it? Should be loads more security which Nexus could probably afford (as well as lowering ticket prices) if they actually made less easy to sneak on.

You see characters man.

Whatever happened to the stinky, tourettes suffering bloke who used to hide behind a bin-bag, giving everyone the v's? Never seen him for donkeys.

There was also a (faux) posh fella who used to get his flask out but only filled it with water, he'd pour it into a proper china cup and use a saucer and add his sugar, milk and tea in transit. I can't imagine he escaped abuse.

You see characters man.

Whatever happened to the stinky, tourettes suffering bloke who used to hide behind a bin-bag, giving everyone the v's?  Never seen him for donkeys.

There was also a (faux) posh fella who used to get his flask out but only filled it with water, he'd pour it into a proper china cup and use a saucer and add his sugar, milk and tea in transit.  I can't imagine he escaped abuse.

101747[/snapback]

Collective groan when Johnny Decker gets on as everyone pretends to stare out the window to avoid eye contact.

Collective groan when Johnny Decker gets on as everyone pretends to stare out the window to avoid eye contact.

101749[/snapback]

Ledge. :lol:

101757[/snapback]

Who?

101749[/snapback]

101757[/snapback]

Who?

101760[/snapback]

Alchy resident of North Tyneside, more commonly seen in either Whitley Bay or North Shields. Pissed.

Harmless, yet annoying at times. Especially if he's in the perb trying to sponge a drink off you.

101749[/snapback]

Ledge. :jerkit:

101757[/snapback]

Who?

101760[/snapback]

He's a black man from a particularly hard family in Shields (our equivalent of the Tams from your way). Except unlike his siblings, he is a bit of a clown (meant in an unoffensive way), and talks to everyone he meets, like he's known them all his life.

OK, I've said enough. :lol:

101749[/snapback]

Ledge. :jerkit:

101757[/snapback]

Who?

101760[/snapback]

He's a black man from a particularly hard family in Shields (our equivalent of the Tams from your way). Except unlike his siblings, he is a bit of a clown (meant in an unoffensive way), and talks to everyone he meets, like he's known them all his life.

OK, I've said enough. :lol:

101768[/snapback]

Big knob?

101749[/snapback]

101757[/snapback]

Who?

101760[/snapback]

Alchy resident of North Tyneside, more commonly seen in either Whitley Bay or North Shields. Pissed.

Harmless, yet annoying at times. Especially if he's in the perb trying to sponge a drink off you.

101767[/snapback]

Bloody hell - I thought he'd passed on......................... or inside or sommat......

Anyone been on the public transport in Germany?

It's simply amazing!  :(

101910[/snapback]

Yes. How is it amazing? :icon_lol:

102206[/snapback]

Depends if you got where you needed to be on time without having to stand in a pool of spit while avoiding wannabe-hardman stares from random charvas. Germany tends to fare quite well in that respect, though you do get plenty of skull-and-crossbones beer-swillers and smelly fat women in exchange.

It's simply amazing!  :(

101910[/snapback]

102206[/snapback]

Depends if you got where you needed to be on time without having to stand in a pool of spit while avoiding wannabe-hardman stares from random charvas. Germany tends to fare quite well in that respect, though you do get plenty of skull-and-crossbones beer-swillers and smelly fat women in exchange.

102209[/snapback]

Aye, it strikes me as good, but so do a lot of other places. Can be a bit confusing though as I found when I got a train heading to Krakow instead of my airport (this was Berlin btw).

I think the challenge is to find a worse system the Metro outside the UK.

It's simply amazing!  :up:

101910[/snapback]

102206[/snapback]

102209[/snapback]

Aye, it strikes me as good, but so do a lot of other places. Can be a bit confusing though as I found when I got a train heading to Krakow instead of my airport (this was Berlin btw).

102228[/snapback]

You probably blamed that mistake on the poor conductor too, did you? :(

101910[/snapback]

102206[/snapback]

102209[/snapback]

102228[/snapback]

You probably blamed that mistake on the poor conductor too, did you? :(

102233[/snapback]

:up:

Berlin is confusing, not helped by the lack of a proper centre and, by extension, a proper central station. (They're trying to resolve it now, but it'll take a while.) Oh, and the way they have stupid line numbers like S46 and S75, and lines that go clockwise or counter-clockwise à la the Circle Line in Lahndan but with no real indication of where you actually need to go to get, well, anywhere really. Baaah.

101910[/snapback]

102206[/snapback]

102209[/snapback]

102228[/snapback]

You probably blamed that mistake on the poor conductor too, did you? :up:

102233[/snapback]

:D

102236[/snapback]

When you got charged recently man! It was everyone's fault but yours, even though it was you that missed the train. :(

It's simply amazing!  :D

101910[/snapback]

102206[/snapback]

102209[/snapback]

102228[/snapback]

You probably blamed that mistake on the poor conductor too, did you? :up:

102233[/snapback]

:yes

102236[/snapback]

When you got charged recently man! It was everyone's fault but yours, even though it was you that missed the train. :(

102243[/snapback]

Oh, I see. For the record I wasn't complaining about getting charged, just the sickening size of it. :up: Still heard nowt like, fingers crossed.

And in Germany I blame myself for not speaking German (although the train did have the airport name on it, but it was running the opposite way). Fortunatley my plane was delayed and I still made it....

I love public transport and get the train or bus whenever possible - but then again, I live in Switzerland and public transport is absolutely faultless here. The tube and buses in London are all right, too, it's just the Silverlink (or whatever they're called) trains that are an absolute shambles.

I quite enjoy train travel - a good opportunity to read and have a snooze. But buses are a nightmare, especially the ones in Washington which take an age to get anywhere.

103660[/snapback]

I agree. I really enjoy train travel providing it's not a Friday afternoon and the train is so packed that you find yourself squashed up against the stinking toilet door in one of the connecting passageway things. :nufc:

I think the buses in Gateshead must have the worst passengers in the world ever. I was on a bus into town the other week and there was a kid in a pushchair (mebbes about 3 years old - too old to be in a baby chair anyway) and she was saying "Fucking hell, fucking hell" over and over again and giggling madly while her charva mother sat there with her corned-beef legs and coke-can fringe and cackled laughing while saying to her mate "Eeeeee have you heard her?! :clapping:"

:)