Graeme Jones Fraudulent Magz™️ Vs Dinnerlady Roy’s Slippery Palace

Tom

Lewis.Easily the worst left back I’ve seen in over 50 years of watching NUFC.The Ray Wilkins of left back’s.A fuckin coward when a shot needs to be blocked.A fuckin coward when he needs to block a cross.Again he never broke sweat.I don’t see anything in his game .No wonder we cannot break teams down with that shirker letting the opposition get back in numbers.

You know things are bad when you're hoping that a third or fourth choice Arsenal attacking mid if going to play out of his skin for you. Obviously he can't be any worse than Hendrick, but given that fact Bruce will probably play Hendrick week in week out for the rest of the season. I'm wont to agreeing with Steve McManaman, but he was 100% right that our midfielders need to receive the ball higher up the pitch, and our centre backs need to take some responsibility and play out. If only we had another centre half like Schar who's comfortable on the ball, like that fella who plays in Spain, Lejeune.

What's the chances that Bruce threw his toys out of the pram this week at the suggestion that Jones had a big influence on the Everton result, and that's partly to blame for the backslide. Tin foil hat time I know given the lack of any evidence, but it really wouldn't surprise me.

1 hour ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Lewis.Easily the worst left back I’ve seen in over 50 years of watching NUFC.The Ray Wilkins of left back’s.A fuckin coward when a shot needs to be blocked.A fuckin coward when he needs to block a cross.Again he never broke sweat.I don’t see anything in his game .No wonder we cannot break teams down with that shirker letting the opposition get back in numbers.

Paul Sweeney and Mark Stimson without even thinking about it. 

• Like 4

Shit result but even in the second half we were better than we've been for the majority of the season. 

Some of the common faults of Bruceball returned; Shelvey dropped deeper and deeper as the game wore on, the instructions and confidence from the Everton game disappeared and players made more silly mistakes/bad decisions. Lost count of the number of times we passed sideways or back from promising positions, only to hoof it long and lose it. Palace had no interest in keeping the ball so a bit of patience in their half could have reaped rewards. Hendrick was anonymous in the second half and the movement of the attackers was wasted because we didn't have anybody to find them with a relatively simple ball. 

If Southampton could have picked any PL club to face after their 9-0 humiliation, it'd be this Newcastle side.

11 hours ago, NJS said:

Paul Sweeney and Mark Stimson without even thinking about it. 

Ian Davies.Serrant.Peter Johnson,Ryan.Seen them all and many others from the early 60s onwards.None of them showed the cowardice or laziness that Lewis shows.What exactly does he bring to the team.He makes Kenny ( Bones ) Wharton look like Maldini .He had Frazier in front of him on numerous occasions waiting to receive the ball yet back he looked and back the ball went.How he gets himself out of position so often when the opposition attack beggars belief.We all know what happens when his man receives the ball out wide......

As much as I think Hendrick is shite, I think Bruce would have been better leaving him on and taking off Shelvey or Hayden last night.  All that substitution did was to make it more congested in our attacking areas and have the remaning two midfielders sitting on top of the centre backs.  Hendrick was at least breaking forward and I think that movement helped create more space.  The further substitutions made space even less available.

It was blatently obvious to everyone, apparently apart from and Shelvey, that what was happening was just slowing everything down and allowing Palace to get back a deny us space.

Still I didn't want to poke my eyes out while watching so things definitely have improved.

• Like 2