The annual dry bumming at “the bridge”

Dr Gloom

If West Brom can get a draw against Man U all hope isn't lost for the next match. All we have to do is keep Fernandes, Rashford, Martial, Cavani etc quiet, so no big deal. If there's any positives to be taken, at least we didn't fall apart in the second half. It's just a matter of hoping that Burnley are getting into a bit of form from that match against CP, and at the very least stalemate Fulham on Wednesday.

Edited by Polarboy

Steve Bruce must absolutely love Callum Wilson. When he plays he’s generally excellent and papers over the cracks of a poor team and when he doesn’t play then pundits say how we didn’t stand a chance without him.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

If West Brom can get a draw against Man U all hope isn't lost for the next match. All we have to do is keep Fernandes, Rashford, Martial, Cavani etc quiet.

Post of the year right here.

I know you are taking the piss but anyone that believed this I’ve got some magic beans for sale that will make you dick bigger for when you’re willie waving.

• Haha 1

I’ve kept quiet on this for an awful long time, but I can no longer stand silent. 
We’ve all had to make sacrifices during this pandemic, but the Darras Hall community has been hit  particularly hard - since the closure of pubs and restaurants many have no option but to employ private chefs, just to keep themselves alive. 
Steve is a dearly loved member of this community, and on top of the privations they’ve all faced, he has had to be driven to Benton every day ( except Mondays and Thursdays which are crisp delivery days when he has to stay home). 
All this, and he’s the lowest paid manager in the Premier League ( £83,000 per month- 3x average annual salary, bonus for avoiding relegation and supplement for every place above last three at end of season).

As if this wasn’t bad enough, since he’s not on social media he must rely on his son to pass on his daily death threats, tactical ridicule, and calls for dismissal. 
Can we cut the guy some slack? 

"Whether we were passive or just didn't come to terms with them well enough.

"We knew how they would set up, but they caused us problems and we found it a struggle in the first half.

"We changed it at half-time and we did better. We got after them better and right from the off in the second half there was more intent.

"Set-pieces was a problem for us in the first half in particular. They had too many first contacts so it's something we'll have to look at.

"There were a few positives in the second half and there will be times where we'll get unstuck. I was far happier with the way we went about the second half.

"There's that many teams involved at the bottom so I don't know how many points it will take [to stay up]. There are six or seven teams looking over their shoulder but if we show the resilience of the last month or two, we'll be OK."

"With 10-15 minutes to go we can ask a question?

"We're disappointed with the first half if I'm being brutally honest, (but) we got back in the game in the second half.

"Defending you leave yourself a bit exposed, with the pace of Timo Werner and Callum Hudson-Odoi and Tammy Abraham up the top - they're top class players.

"You have to get that balance right and we're still working on that.

"We've been hit with COVID, illnesses and injuries but it's all part and parcel of this season.

"All teams are struggling with all the games we're playing (NUFC had a nine day fixture break before Chelsea) and we've just got to keep going.

"I expect fight from us, there's six, seven or eight teams in the bottom half with a long way to go and lot of games to play.

"If we show that spirit like we did in that second half we'll be alright."

So it's resilience and spirit that will see us safe. Not improving the players, ensuring that they're well drilled or have a clear system, it's the good old British bulldog spirit that'll see us through this. To call this cunt a dinosaur would be an insult to dinosaurs.

• Like 3

Brucey’s crippling injury list.A centre half? A striker? He’s never chosen a regular right back,even when they’ve all been fit.When Fraser hasn’t been fit Brucey suggests he’d be in the team,yet hasn’t always selected him when fit.
So that’s a centre half and a striker.Do we have anyone missing with COVID? I’ve never known a manager get such an easy ride from the media.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So it's resilience and spirit that will see us safe. Not improving the players, ensuring that they're well drilled or have a clear system, it's the good old British bulldog spirit that'll see us through this. To call this cunt a dinosaur would be an insult to dinosaurs.

Resilience of the last two months? We were fucking awful bar the last couple of weeks.

He is a clown.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Brucey’s crippling injury list.A centre half? A striker? He’s never chosen a regular right back,even when they’ve all been fit.When Fraser hasn’t been fit Brucey suggests he’d be in the team,yet hasn’t always selected him when fit.
So that’s a centre half and a striker.Do we have anyone missing with COVID? I’ve never known a manager get such an easy ride from the media.

To be fair, just having Wilson missing is a crippling injury list to us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1