Baby Face's Red Disgraces vs Brucie's Bright Boyss

OTF

24 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

As Important as Wilson is to the side it's arguably just as important to get both Dubravka and Fernandez back into the defence. I don't know for sure if it will stop us shipping so many goals, but it certainly can't do any harm. Darlow as well as he's done in general is always prone to doing something like letting one in at his near post like last night. I'm also not convinced he's much of an organiser. Fernandez by stats is probably our best defender when he's in the team. He leads with clearences, headers etc, and both he and Dubravka seems to be the most vocal when it comes to organising the back line, which could be why we've been so bad in defence. We won't score many without Wilson obviously, so tightening up at the back is crucial. At the moment we need to score at least two to get any sort of result, which of course isn't happening.

Our biggest weaknesses are our fulbacks,and Lascelles.Dummitt is our best fulback and I’d like to see Clark partner Fernandez in central defence.Fraser has to play regularly to attack opposition defences.Useless Joe is a hindrance yet Brucey believes he’s our  only option at the moment yet has come out in the past and said it’s not his best position.If he’s better than Carroll,why didn’t he get rid of Carroll last month? Gayle looks like he’d rather be elsewhere ‘earning ’ his £60,000 .

14 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I seriously doubt he ever was one of us. be interested to know prior to fucking off to gillingham when he last stood in sjp as a supporter because I'd be willing to bet he hasn't since.

I mean, I know it probably wasn't the most prudent and tactful decision lee clark ever made to wear the sad mackem bastard t-shirt at wembley but at least as a newcastle supporter it was understandable.

contrast that to bruce, I have never, ever, not once heard an nufc supporter refer to the mancs as 'united' 

no true nufc supporter could possibly have celebrated gyan's fluked equaliser in the manner bruce did. 

no newcastle supporter would think there was anything remotely funny about potentially using 'who let the dogs out' as an act of revenge for the 5-1, for fucks sake, that was slight against women and nowt to do with football.

the man isn't one of us and probably never has been. he is however a repulsive fat cunt.

I pointed out a few weeks ago that after our 5-1 drubbing of the makems,Bruce was asked if it was his worst moment as a manager.He replied ‘my worst moment in football’. Spoken like a sad makem bastard would after that match.

:lol: It’s fucking incredible pundits will still just say he’s doing a good job lazily, clearly not even knowing our current form or where we are in the league. The way Jenas was fucking clearly fuming when Jake Humphries challenged him on his lazy bullshit spoke volumes “but they’ll still be in the PL if they finish 17th” “is that what Newcastle fans should be happy with? Just finishing 17th” “you’d have been happy with that as a Norwich fan” so throws out a lazy dig about Norwich but also this ridiculous assumption that just because you’re not currently competing at the top of the league you should just be buzzing with 17th. They’d sharp catch on if every one that followed one of the 14 teams these wankers think are just making up the numbers simply packed in watching and their pay cheque started to get a lot lighter. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Dougle said:

Wolves, WBA, Villa, Brighton, Tottenham. 4-7pt....... erm?

We can beat West Brom even without Wilson, I'd fancy us to pick up at least a point against Brighton. Fancy us to grab a point against Wolves, Villa or Spurs.

18 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I wouldn’t count on Liverpool and Spurs tbh, Leeds are hit and miss too. As long as Fulham can keep the gap to only 3 points it will get really difficult.

Course it will, but there's a thing that we, as a fanbase, do. We overestimate the quality of our rivals, and underestimate the quality of their opponents. At the same time as underestimating our quality and overestimating the quality of our opponents. 

As shit as we've been we have a 3pt gap on a team that's receiving plaudits for the way they play, and we're 1pt behind another. If we're in the relgation conversation, so are Brighton, Burnley and maybe even Southampton. 

We're 7pts off Leeds in 12th, and we were told that a 7pt gap was nothing. 

13 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: It’s fucking incredible pundits will still just say he’s doing a good job lazily, clearly not even knowing our current form or where we are in the league. The way Jenas was fucking clearly fuming when Jake Humphries challenged him on his lazy bullshit spoke volumes “but they’ll still be in the PL if they finish 17th” “is that what Newcastle fans should be happy with? Just finishing 17th” “you’d have been happy with that as a Norwich fan” so throws out a lazy dig about Norwich but also this ridiculous assumption that just because you’re not currently competing at the top of the league you should just be buzzing with 17th. They’d sharp catch on if every one that followed one of the 14 teams these wankers think are just making up the numbers simply packed in watching and their pay cheque started to get a lot lighter. 

I think that's something that bothers me way more than it should. These people are paid good money to have an expert opinion on football matters. It's so, so easy to look at a club's form, their injuries and given we're 25 games into the season it's really not a stretch that you will, in your role, have watched Newcastle United a few times. 

Be objective, if the fans are up in arms about the manager don't dart to the stereotypes, see why. There's a bizarre disconnect between the football we've played and the manager. They've blamed the players; their effort, their confidence, their quality, etc.  They've also criticised the pressing, the movement, the position of the players on the pitch. 

Surely it's the manager's job to motivate the players.

Those players aren't world beaters, but they're better than the football we've been playing. And there's obvious evidence to that.

The pressing, movement and position are entirely the job of the manager to implement. 

All this is compounded by Bruce's managerial record. His teams never have a definite identity, they are busy but lack cohesion. 

The only reason Bruce isn't being criticised explicitly is because he's liked by the pundits and because the pundits aren't very good at their jobs.

• Like 2

I'm surprised that someone like Humphrey's gets away with being as balanced as he does.  The way the rest of them just stick to the same line it's as if Sky/BT/BBC are all enforcing some sort of part line.  Or maybe it's just that all the ex pro's are thick as fuck whereas you have a chance of getting some sense from someone who doesn't arogantly think that because he played professional football he knows so much more than the supporters.

• Like 3

They never truly challenge a former pro as they want to be besties with the pro's. A professional presenter with experience could easily make a tit out of a pundit especially if they're relatively new. 

• Like 2

I just wish someone would ask a former ManU, Arsenal, Liverpool, etc player whether they would accept their own "team" just managing 17th place each year.  Not one of them would, of course, but they get the gigs because they played for a top 4/5/6/7 etc team in the past, which must mean they are good at football.

Of course, they were, but punditry is not a case of telling everyone how good you were or how nice someone is, but to criticise when it is appropriate and explain why a team is failing.  

Not that they are remotely capable of doing anything other than counting their money (and most of them need an accountant and agent to fleece them, sorry advise them about that).

• Like 1