Brucey’s Boys vs Wolves Wankers

ewerk

5 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

23 years old,played over 90 games for Norwich and more than 20 for us.He doesn’t want to get forward and he doesn’t want to defend one on one,hence his hiding next to the central defenders at every opportunity.That cross near the end sums up his defensive preference.His first thought when he has the ball is to pass or throw backwards.He’s a little boy lost in a man’s world.

Exactly. Jose Enrique was 21 when we bought him, came to a foreign league, couldn't speak English and showed a heck of a lot more than Lewis in a similarly under siege team. Lewis doesn't like to defend, he's all over the place and has no confidence. Not saying that he needs to be fully written off, but you can't keep playing someone like that.

Just now, Polarboy said:

And what sage advice, encouragement, and or training do you think he's getting from the cabbage? I'm not saying he'd be a world beater regardless of who our manager was, but I've seen enough athleticism from him to know he could do a job if he was coached correctly.

Clearly none from The Cabbage but my point is,he’s played over 100 first team games and he’s getting away with murder.He’s a shyster with no heart.He runs around,usually at a pace that suits him.Nee sprinting forward into a dangerous wide area and never to block a cross.Have I mentioned his expertise at turning his back?

Essembee, get out the diagram to show that Lascelles did so well there because he only had to move in a straight line. Even an Oil Tanker has a purpose ;)

3 minutes ago, OTF said:

Exactly. Jose Enrique was 21 when we bought him, came to a foreign league, couldn't speak English and showed a heck of a lot more than Lewis in a similarly under siege team. Lewis doesn't like to defend, he's all over the place and has no confidence. Not saying that he needs to be fully written off, but you can't keep playing someone like that.

Good post but I’m none of your ‘no confidence’ excuse.Sorry .Turning your back and not getting close to your man isn’t a confidence thing.He’s a coward and a shyster.The ball’s in his court.

2 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Clearly none from The Cabbage but my point is,he’s played over 100 first team games and he’s getting away with murder.He’s a shyster with no heart.He runs around,usually at a pace that suits him.Nee sprinting forward into a dangerous wide area and never to block a cross.Have I mentioned his expertise at turning his back?

Well it's kind of hard to prove in the absence of a decent coach, but I do believe he has potential. Maybe he's not right with regard to his attitude, but whether that's inherent or could be coached out of him I don't know. 

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

Well it's kind of hard to prove in the absence of a decent coach, but I do believe he has potential. Maybe he's not right with regard to his attitude, but whether that's inherent or could be coached out of him I don't know. 

It would be easy to point out his cowardice and shyster attitude,Brucey clearly hasn’t noticed or shit scared to sort it.You could point it out,I could.It’s plain to see......every game!! 

It’s interesting how we consistently have two or three players go off injured every game, something that didn’t happen this consistently under better previous managers. Bruce will blame bad luck, and no doubt some of it is but when it’s this consistent I’d argue there’s some poor training practices going on. 

• Like 2

Just now, Howay said:

It’s interesting how we consistently have two or three players go off injured every game, something that didn’t happen this consistently under better previous managers. Bruce will blame bad luck, and no doubt some of it is but when it’s this consistent I’d argue there’s some poor training practices going on. 

There has to be.The Saint does seem to be brittle.

1 minute ago, Howay said:

It does seem to be a constant thing with teams he coaches, but my guess would be he'd blame the amount of matches in such a short space of time because of covid, which pundits will likely accept unquestioningly, without looking at his career as a coach as a whole. 

• Like 2