Steve Bruce’s current shite V Steve Bruce’s previous shite but in claret and blue

sammynb

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Murphy Corner wow!

Are you actually a Newcastle fan? You seem more preoccupied with slagging a player so you don't look foolish for writing them off.

Murphy is a good player to have on the bench. I don't mean that in jest, as a sub coming on his direct play and propensity to run at tiring defenders creates chances. He's also shown on multiple occassions that he's not bad with a dead ball.

• Like 1

I understand the feeling that you'd rather we lost badly to get rid of Bruce and I'd normally agree, but Ashley doesn't look like sacking him even if we're relegated. If we're going to even scrape to safety every point counts, and scoring a late equaliser after such a cuntish own goal will hopefully have given some of the players a much needed lift. I said before this game and Brighton that we needed at least four points, so we just have to hope that Brighton are their usual wasteful selves, and that one flies in off Big Joe's arse next week.

This is going to be just like 5 years ago when they let McLaren take them on a jolly to come back to the shittest defeat ever and finally sacked the cunt 3 games (at least) too late. 

They'll sack him after we get hammered by Spurs when it should be now, tonight, before half ten. 

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Comprehension issues?

Ah, the vague non response, response. 😄 The facts are that Murphy had the most quality of any of our players tonight when he came on, or do you not comprehend that?

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Ah, the vague non response, response. 😄 The facts are that Murphy had the most quality of any of our players tonight when he came on, or do you not comprehend that?

No that's an opinion I think you'll find pal

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

No that's an opinion I think you'll find pal

Yes Captain semantic, but it's also the correct opinion. Or did I miss another player who very nearly scored a screamer and got an assist?

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

Yes Captain semantic, but it's also the correct opinion. Or did I miss another player who very nearly scored a screamer and got an assist?

What about Tot? He actually put his chance away. And by screamer do you mean when he mean missed the goal from point blank range?

Edited by TheGingerQuiff
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

What about Lascelles? He actually scored.

So by those metrics you must think that Murphy was the second best player on the pitch for us?

Edited by Polarboy

After every game regardless of which channel it is broadcasting, they have the same conversation about the club having the potential and not realising it, about the quality of the football being poor yet no one is levelling that at Bruce. There might be the odd comment on Ashley but largely they highlight how much of a shit show it all is without putting any pressure on who is responsible. Rob Lee made a few comments but even he's being careful what he says. 

Do we hope for survival for the same dogshit sandwich next year? I can't see anything changing.  

10 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

So by those metrics you must think that Murphy was the second best player on the pitch for us?

No mate. You used those metrics. My point was by your metrics then lascelles  I don't agree with your metrics. Murphy is shit end off 

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

7 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

What about Tot? He actually put his chance away. And by screamer do you mean when he mean missed the goal from point blank range?

😂 Yeah, it was a tap in that was put on a plate for him alright, as opposed to him making the chance himself. Time to get to specsavers mate. The team is shite, made worse by Bruce, me saying that Murphy is worth a place, and played comparatively very well when compared to his team mates, has to be seen on that metric. Not in a million years would Ritchie have come on and put on that performance for us, that's the point. The fact is that he came on and nearly scored and set up the equaliser, which clearly blows out your estimation of his worth before he came on.

3 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

😂 Yeah, it was a tap in that was put on a plate for him alright, as opposed to him making the chance himself. Time to get to specsavers mate. The team is shite, made worse by Bruce, me saying that Murphy is worth a place, and played comparatively very well when compared to his team mates, has to be seen on that metric. Not in a million years would Ritchie have come on and put on that performance for us, that's the point. The fact is that he came on and nearly scored and set up the equaliser, which clearly blows out your estimation of his worth before he came on.

So he came on and missed. Brilliant argument for him that. More people would miss Lascelles chance than Murphy's. I'm surprised Lascelles has chosen to leap and direct a header rather than just tapping it in

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

So he came on and missed. Brilliant argument for him that. More people would miss Lascelles chance than Murphy's.

🤣 Yeah, he practically put it in row z from two yards, fucking useless. If it was a top six attacking player in that position it's likely in the back of the net, but we don't have top six quality attacking players, apart from maybe Wilson and ASM. Murphy is the best of a bad bunch, given injuries, which is my point entirely. Your only answer for an alternative was Ritchie, which is fucking ridiculous given he's shown no form whatsoever this season, and Murphy has clearly progressed, if only a little, and has shown some form when on.

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

🤣 Yeah, he practically put it in row z from two yards, fucking useless. If it was a top six attacking player in that position it's likely in the back of the net, but we don't have top six quality attacking players, apart from maybe Wilson and ASM. Murphy is the best of a bad bunch, given injuries, which is my point entirely. Your only answer for an alternative was Ritchie, which is fucking ridiculous given he's shown no form whatsoever this season, and Murphy has clearly progressed, if only a little, and has shown some form when on.

Theres a difference between not quite being top 6 level and struggling to hold down a place in Championship sides mate. Hope this helps. Ritchie has only played a few games this season, but has shown form previously at this level. Unlike your boy, who never has at any level. 

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Theres a difference between not quite being top 6 level and struggling to hold down a place in Championship sides mate. Hope this helps. Ritchie has only played a few games this season, but has shown form previously at this level. Unlike your boy, who never has at any level. 

Ritchie's legs are clearly gone. What use is a player who used to be decent exactly? Oh and Murphy played 39 games for Sheffield Wednesday last season scoring 9 and setting up six  playing from full back mostly, so you're also talking out of your arse about that. If Murphy got a decent run in the side he'd easily do better than current Ritchie, but that's not something that can easily be proven obviously.