Steve Bruce’s current shite V Steve Bruce’s previous shite but in claret and blue

sammynb

Yedlin did a job in the championship but he is an athlete, not a footballer. Manquillo is the sort of bits and pieces squad players you wouldn’t mind coming in as 4th choice. Says everything about our squad that he’s our best option at right bank 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Yedlin did a job in the championship but he is an athlete, not a footballer. Manquillo is the sort of bits and pieces squad players you wouldn’t mind coming in as 4th choice. Says everything about our squad that he’s our best option at right bank 

Have to agree to disagree I suppose. They’re both terrible players imo, and the fact Yedlin is a far better athlete is the only differentiator to me. I saw posts about Manquillo being technically a better player, and maybe that’s true but he’s completely ineffectual in games so I don’t see how that sets him apart from Yedlin. 

Either way as you say the fact either of them were ever the lead choices for our RB position in the PL is a joke. 

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

Have to agree to disagree I suppose. They’re both terrible players imo, and the fact Yedlin is a far better athlete is the only differentiator to me. I saw posts about Manquillo being technically a better player, and maybe that’s true but he’s completely ineffectual in games so I don’t see how that sets him apart from Yedlin. 

Either way as you say the fact either of them were ever the lead choices for our RB position in the PL is a joke. 

Yeah, I don’t disagree - they’re both poor players.  

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Yeah, I don’t disagree - they’re both poor players.  

It’s sad to think we’ve only spent somewhere around £50m total during Ashley’s ownership on both full back positions. While we have fluked some decent full backs on the cheap it was always going to mean we’d eventually be lumbered with utter crap like Krafth. 

8 hours ago, OTF said:

Anyone have some petrol and a match? This thread needs to be torched.

😄 True enough. Having a circular argument with an idiot about who's shite and who's average in the team, or who use to be in the team, is a pretty decent example of the dangers of too much time on your hands during lockdown. But again I was also an idiot for taking the bait.

17 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Should be able to get a new right back next year anyway. Should be able to get Tavernier back to start the promotion push.

Champions league or championship :scratchchin:

20 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Yedling could get back into position when out of position.Manquillo and Krafth cannot.Lewis is just shite and a shyster.

I've not bothered looking back on this thread but I assume everone agrees that Krafth is fucking awful and the worst of the lot?

For me Yedlin is not a footballer at all.  He is extremely fast that does allow him to get back and cover either himself for being out of position, or someone else.  He's about as useful going forward as Joelinton though.

Manquillo is a below average footballer but fairly steady.  The best of a bad bunch.

I'd probably rather see Hayden playing fullback and replaced in midfield with someone who can move the ball forward.  Unfortunately we don't have anyone.  At least under Bruce.  If we had someone that the Longstaff's didn't despise managing us one of them may have been able to do that job.

• Like 1

I’d rather have someone fast and poor (Yedlin) than slow and poor.( Krafth).Lewis is the worst of the lot,and worse than Yedlin.I’d like to see Hayden at right back,but he needs to get the cowardice out of his game.Turning his back at right back and allowing centres to come in isn’t what we need.Manquillo does it,Lewis has it off to perfection,followed closely by Lascelles.

Fulham v Leeds Friday night.Bottom 3 by 10pm?

• Like 1

Krafth strikes me as one of those players who doesn't have much going for him technically or even a great football brain but got where he was through his work rate and his ability to follow instructions. 

Cunts got no chance playing for a manager who can't motivate players or offer anything in the way of tactical instructions. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kitman said:

I can’t read Krafth without mentally lisping the name. As in arth and krafth.

Ahem. Now back to the football, Jeff.

I don't know how you did it, but you've salvaged the thread Kithman.

On 15/03/2021 at 14:05, David Kelly said:

I've not bothered looking back on this thread but I assume everone agrees that Krafth is fucking awful and the worst of the lot?

For me Yedlin is not a footballer at all.  He is extremely fast that does allow him to get back and cover either himself for being out of position, or someone else.  He's about as useful going forward as Joelinton though.

Manquillo is a below average footballer but fairly steady.  The best of a bad bunch.

I'd probably rather see Hayden playing fullback and replaced in midfield with someone who can move the ball forward.  Unfortunately we don't have anyone.  At least under Bruce.  If we had someone that the Longstaff's didn't despise managing us one of them may have been able to do that job.

We need a manager from a good family?