Steve Bruce’s current shite V Steve Bruce’s previous shite but in claret and blue

sammynb

13 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Are you actually Mr literal lacking comprehension skills, or are you just desperately trying to construct an argument around me clearly using hyperbole to emphasise how shite I thought Yedlin was in the attacking third. I literally call Manquillo only slightly above average in the very next sentence. And Manquillo has scored in the premier for the mackems, whereas Yedlin has scored twice with over twenty games more and playing in his favoured position for that entire time. We're not comparing top level players here clearly in terms of the premier league, just like when we were comparing Murphy and Ritchie it's the difference between a shit sandwich, and a sandwich only smeared in shit. The fact remains though that if you've actually been watching our games over the last few seasons Manquillo, when in form and position, isn't the headless chicken that Yedlin was when he found himself in the attacking third.

I don't even know how you could call him average, let alone anything above it. Why don't you show us these above average attacking skills that have eluded us all. Is there a highlight reel?

Manquillo's mackem goal wasn't from full back, matey

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

[quote]just like when we were comparing Murphy and Ritchie it's the difference between a shit sandwich, and a sandwich only smeared in shit[/quote]

Weird, that doesn't seem compatible with your cafu in comparison comment

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

[quote]just like when we were comparing Murphy and Ritchie it's the difference between a shit sandwich, and a sandwich only smeared in shit[/quote]

Weird, that doesn't seem compatible with your cafu in comparison comment

I don't know about you, but I think there's a very big difference between a smear of shit and having to eat a sandwich full of it. But again the art of subtly alludes you.

Just now, Polarboy said:

I don't know about you, but I think there's a very big difference between a smear of shit and having to eat a sandwich full of it. But again the art of subtly alludes you.

But the stats clearly show Yedlin is Cafu in comparison to Manquillo 

People must see a different Manquillo to me, which is fair enough. Anytime I watch him play he’s constantly out of position which usually results in the attacker getting a free cross, or Manquillo being booked after he grabs the attacker. I think Yedlin is shite, it’s just he has top level pace so it occasionally could make up for his shit positioning or create some counter attack. Manquillo’s positioning was maybe better under Rafa when it was drilled into him, but he was still a walking free kick from what I recall, and as Bruce is closer to our usual standard of manager under fat tits I’d say it’s moot anyway. I’m not really sold on how you could see Manquillo as clearly far and away better attacking wise than Yedlin either tbh, the bloke can’t cross to save his life, not that Yedlin can but I wouldn’t say one is clearly better than the other. 

Fwiw I’d prefer neither of them at the club, we should have improved on them years ago. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Which do you rate as above average? A smear or the sandwich?

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

But the stats clearly show Yedlin is Cafu in comparison to Manquillo 

🙄 They don't as I've clearly pointed out in terms of games played and in what position, and as I've already clearly pointed out you must be getting very desperate to keep bringing up a comparison that was clearly hyperbole, done in jest and for effect. But again perhaps you really are just not that bright.

3 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

🙄 They don't as I've clearly pointed out in terms of games played and in what position, and as I've already clearly pointed out you must be getting very desperate to keep bringing up a comparison that was clearly hyperbole, done in jest and for effect. But again perhaps you really are just not that bright.

So somebody that has achieved less in the attacking third than Yedlin is Cafu in comparison to Yedlin in the attacking third. OK MATE! You trying to dismiss Yedlin's clearly superior stats is more desperate mate. Caught talking shite and called out and doesn't like it :lol:

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

So somebody that has achieved less in the attacking third than Yedlin is Cafu in comparison to Yedlin in the attacking third. OK MATE!

😐 Christ, I really shouldn't bother, it's like talking to a brick wall only less stimulating. Manquillo was badly out of form when he was first bought by Benitez, and then was played out of position for a season. He's also played over twenty games less than Yedlin, which again given he played about a full season out of position could in effect be counted as even less games given he wasn't able to play to his full potential out of position. So your so called stats are built on nonsense, and they are made worse by the fact that while Manquillo is clearly a better footballer they are both well below the best attacking fullbacks so we're talking about degrees that would need to be examined in the micro level with percentages spent in attacking thirds, dribbles, completed crosses etc, but I'm not about to subscribe to opta. Having said that they eye test clearly tells anyone who knows football that Manquillo is the better footballer, as OFT also said.

9 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

So somebody that has achieved less in the attacking third than Yedlin is Cafu in comparison to Yedlin in the attacking third. OK MATE! You trying to dismiss Yedlin's clearly superior stats is more desperate mate. Caught talking shite and called out and doesn't like it :lol:

😂 Caught talking shite? What you mean like the time when you said Ritchie was a better shout than Murphy, who you thought was shite, and the majority on here, on Newcastle fan media in general, pundits such as Shearer etc, thought the opposite.

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

😂 Caught talking shite? What you mean like the time when you said Ritchie was a better shout than Murphy, who you thought was shite, and the majority on here, on Newcastle fan media in general, pundits such as Shearer etc, thought the opposite.

And when we're relegated you and those fans might wish you could change your minds.

And when we're relegated you and those fans might wish you could change your minds.

🤣 What so the apparent majority of Newcastle fans thinking Murphy is better than Ritchie is going to contribute to our relegation, should it happen. I thought you'd reached the pinnacle of shite talk, but that's something else.

Just now, Polarboy said:

🤣 What so the apparent majority of Newcastle fans thinking Murphy is better than Ritchie is going to contribute to our relegation, should it happen. I thought you'd reached the pinnacle of shite talk, but that's something else.

You've just made an argument up in your head there.

What? You aren't even coherent at this point.

Again you're just a bit lacking in comprehension skills mate. It was crystal clear what I was referencing and what I meant, as in if we needed to wish we'd been in favour of one player over the other, by that logic our preference has some sort of power over events such as the possible relegation. And popular opinion isn't always correct, but if you usually find yourself on the other end of it, it's probably you that's the problem.

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Again you're just a bit lacking in comprehension skills mate. It was crystal clear what I was referencing and what I meant, as in if we needed to wish we'd been in favour of one player over the other, by that logic our preference has some sort of power over events such as the possible relegation. And popular opinion isn't always correct, but if you usually find yourself on the other end of it, it's probably you that's the problem.

You're babbling. I said you might wish you'd been of a different opinion. I never said you need to wish you were of a different opinion. Whatever that means. You loon.

:lol: good night, consider deleting your account.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

12 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

You're babbling. I said you might wish you'd been of a different opinion. I never said you need to wish you were of a different opinion. Whatever that means. You loon.

:lol: good night, consider deleting your account.

Nope, not babbling, and again it's you who's talking shite. You'll have to tell us what logic there is in connecting relegation to a fan preference over two players 😂  Oh and given that you used an antisemitic slur repeatedly a few pages back, it's you who should consider deleting their account, you know apart from just generally talking misinformed nonsense.

Edited by Polarboy

7 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Nope, not babbling, and again it's you who's talking shite. You'll have to tell us what logic there is in connecting relegation to a fan preference over two players 😂  Oh and given that you used an antisemitic slur repeatedly a few pages back, it's you who should consider deleting their account, you know apart from just generally talking misinformed nonsense.

:lol: