Cabbage's sack of useless shite v The Special One's special ones

sammynb

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

🤪

So that expected goals stat is now relevant? :lol: Him and Bruce are gloating like we’ve won a trophy. We’ve just drawn at home against a Spurs side who, despite their league position, weren’t very good on the day. Is that two wins in twenty league games now? And the point puts us three points clear of the relegation zone. And a team who’ve won just five games after more than 3/4 of the campaign. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

So that expected goals stat is now relevant? :lol: Him and Bruce are gloating like we’ve won a trophy. We’ve just drawn at home against a Spurs side who, despite their league position, weren’t very good on the day. Is that two wins in twenty league games now? And the point puts us three points clear of the relegation zone. And a team who’ve won just five games after more than 3/4 of the campaign. 

Wonder why he stopped pointing to Brucey’s points tally being better than the mighty Rafa’s and to state that in football all is about results.

He is really mixing up friendship and journalism.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

He's now talking about this 'nonsense about a mole.' He fucking brought it up and was going to hunt the mole down! :lol: :lol: 

Fuck me, he's either a spectacular idiot or the best wum I've ever seen.

At least we know what he was doing on his six days off.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

It’s an even more pathetic looking brag when West Brom pumped Chelsea 5-2 the same weekend :lol:. Honestly man that Edwards is pathetic, I expect it from Bruce but what the fuck is keeping that wanker from dying on this hill? Results like this happen, we could have beat Spurs comfortably 4-0 and everything we’ve said about Bruce is still true and Edwards is still wrong. 

I honestly have even less respect for the cretin as it’s pretty clear the whole sob story the other week was just a huge flounce, as he was getting hammered for knowing absolutely nothing about football, a single better result and he’s back out acting like we’ve actually done something of note. A draw against Spurs for fucks sake :lol:. 

• Haha 1

I’ve just scrutinised the first goal again.Krafth completely shits himself when he finds that he may have to block the shot or possibly put a tackle in.To avoid both options he decides to run past the ball,and Kane,in the most cowardly act I’ve witnessed on a football pitch.He then looks back as if he’s shocked at how the ball ended in the net.As the ball crosses the line,Uselescelles is on the 18 yard line,hopelessly or uselessly out of position as usual when a goal is conceded.

On 05/04/2021 at 09:36, Alex said:

To be honest, we've met some 'big teams' on bad days and failed to capitalise throughout Bruce's reign of error. 

I know it ended as a humping, but that Man Utd game, they were there for the taking, but we dithered about timidly until they woke up. Spurs were all at sea at the back, Murphy had their lad on toast and we should have won it were it not for 2 easily avoidable goals in the space of, what, 5 minutes? 

Beggars belief how terrible we are defensively. 

If Bruce is given a new contract because we stayed up, Ashley's wife should be after Power of Attorney sharpish, because Ashley's clearly lost his mind.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Fish said:

To be honest, we've met some 'big teams' on bad days and failed to capitalise throughout Bruce's reign of error. 

I know it ended as a humping, but that Man Utd game, they were there for the taking, but we dithered about timidly until they woke up. Spurs were all at sea at the back, Murphy had their lad on toast and we should have won it were it not for 2 easily avoidable goals in the space of, what, 5 minutes? 

Beggars belief how terrible we are defensively. 

If Bruce is given a new contract because we stayed up, Ashley's wife should be after Power of Attorney sharpish, because Ashley's clearly lost his mind.

Spot on.Brucey seems to be reluctant to at least give it a go once it’s apparent the opposition can be got at,until it’s too late.Murphy’s always done canny at fullback yet he’s preferred Krafth or Manquillo.Lewis over Ritchie and Dummitt.Uselescelles over Clark.Useless Joe over everyone on 62 occasions.The more you scrutinise Brucey’s team selections,the more you realise how ridiculous most of his decisions have been.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's got it into his head that we need 1pt a game, so sets us up more positively against the big boys and not-to-lose against the teams in the relegation mix.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The deluded fucker thinks we are, though. Nailed on that he’ll just expect ASM and Wilson to win us games themselves when they’re back and fit 

Take Krafth, Shelvey, and Gayle out of the last starting line-up, and replace them with Clark, preferably Fernandez if he were fully fit, ASM, Wilson, and play with the same urgency and effort to get crosses in, play on the front foot, and generally spend more time in the opposition box, and Wilson and ASM will likely prosper and indeed play a massive part in keeping us up. Whether Bruce can actually manage to enact such simple and obvious steps is another issue.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Take Krafth, Shelvey, and Gayle out of the last starting line-up, and replace them with Clark, preferably Fernandez if he were fully fit, ASM, Wilson, and play with the same urgency and effort to get crosses in, play on the front foot, and generally spend more time in the opposition box, and Wilson and ASM will likely prosper and indeed play a massive part in keeping us up. Whether Bruce can actually manage to enact such simple and obvious steps is another issue.

So you’d still find places for Useless Joe and Uselescelles? Decent post though.

10 hours ago, Polarboy said:

When everybody is fully fit, I'm not sure if we can play the same system. 

Wingbacks and ASM means, whatever flank he's on will be exposed and the WB will find himself overrun a lot. He isn't as effective when played centrally, nor when he plays off the striker, so the 5-3-2 wouldn't work well.

If we can maintain the same work ethic and positivity in our play, we could play a 5-4-1 but that would mean dropping Joelinton after the best game of his Newcastle career. We could try a 5-1-3-1 but without Hayden we don't have an out and out defensive midfielder, and again whichever flank ASM is on would be more exposed.

Personally, I'd keep exactly the same formation, swap out Krafth for a lump of coal (or Manquillo if the CBs aren't fit). Only introduce ASM for the last 30 minutes or so. Same for Wilson.

Burnley is our best chance for 3 points for a while, but I'd rather Wilson and ASM were closer to fully fit when we play the better teams, in case we meet a big team on a bad day.

8 hours ago, The Fish said:

Wingbacks and ASM means, whatever flank he's on will be exposed and the WB will find himself overrun a lot. He isn't as effective when played centrally, nor when he plays off the striker, so the 5-3-2 wouldn't work well.

If we can maintain the same work ethic and positivity in our play, we could play a 5-4-1 but that would mean dropping Joelinton after the best game of his Newcastle career. We could try a 5-1-3-1 but without Hayden we don't have an out and out defensive midfielder, and again whichever flank ASM is on would be more exposed.

Personally, I'd keep exactly the same formation, swap out Krafth for a lump of coal (or Manquillo if the CBs aren't fit). Only introduce ASM for the last 30 minutes or so. Same for Wilson.

Burnley is our best chance for 3 points for a while, but I'd rather Wilson and ASM were closer to fully fit when we play the better teams, in case we meet a big team on a bad day.

alright deano

9 hours ago, The Fish said:

I can see your point, but I think either Longstaff can do a job in front of a three man defence, and help fill any gaps down either flank. Ritchie also doesn't have to bomb on as much when ASM is a much better option down that flank in any case. And of course ASM while he doesn't do it often can be asked to take a bit more responsibility, which I have seen him do on occasion.

Edited by Polarboy