Bruce’s Tinned Breakfast vs Dyche’s Racist Pot Noodles

Ayatollah Hermione

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

There’ll be absolute carnage in the Diamond beer garden tomorrow… Crispmageddon. 

I thought they’d barred him after the mess he left last time?

image.thumb.jpeg.c44e8f35f57d30723669dc3dc92c63e4.jpeg

• Haha 3

I fancied us today till I saw the team, I feared that having went one down he'd panic and have every fucker playing everywhere when bringing the subs on but we got away with it today. I can't believe how he's still in a job? It's a damning indictment of how our club operates at every level that he's still here and how he got here in the first place.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I fancied us today till I saw the team, I feared that having went one down he'd panic and have every fucker playing everywhere when bringing the subs on but we got away with it today. I can't believe how he's still in a job? It's a damning indictment of how our club operates at every level that he's still here and how he got here in the first place.

The team and performances was exactly what was to be expected. Using the same formation that worked last time but going for a draw. It would have been a huge surprise if Bruce had come up with any different game plan and tried to build on from last week.

But according to Edwards we are supposed to be grateful about the result and turn a blind eye on everything else.

4 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

The team and performances was exactly what was to be expected. Using the same formation that worked last time but going for a draw. It would have been a huge surprise if Bruce had come up with any different game plan and tried to build on from last week.

But according to Edwards we are supposed to be grateful about the result and turn a blind eye on everything else.

Edwards isn't a Newcastle United supporter and it shows. He's also a bit of a thin skinned person just like the bloke he champions.

“We can't get carried away but back-to-back wins in the Premier League is huge. It sets us up nicely, we've got some tough challenges but this helps.

Let's hope our players stay fit. As good as I think I am, I need our best players.”

:lol: Bruce has to be taking the piss here, not only have we not won back to back games but that best player coming on was the only reason we got any points, the tactics had us losing in uninspired fashion up to that point. 

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 2

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

“We can't get carried away but back-to-back wins in the Premier League is huge. It sets us up nicely, we've got some tough challenges but this helps.

Let's hope our players stay fit. As good as I think I am, I need our best players.”

:lol: Bruce has to be taking the piss here, not only have we not won back to back games but that best player coming on was the only reason we got any points, the tactics had us losing in uninspired fashion up to that point. 

"And in at number 16 with 'As good as I think I am' it's a new entry for Drunk A'Fancy!"

vlcsnap-2016-05-04-21h50m45s601.png

• Haha 3

He’s such an arrogant fucking cunt. We’re 4th bottom ffs. Fulham have won five games all season and we're still in a position where they could conceivably send us down by beating us in the last match. Not to mention his thinking we’ve won two in a row even though that’s our first league victory in over two months :lol: 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Howay said:

I was going to post that comment on the joke page!  Muppet! (not you Howay, obvs :wink2:)

• Haha 1

If you look at Bruce's lifetime PL points average it's 1.13 points per game. This season we're averaging 1.03 points. 

For all his fucking arrogance and huffiness and his attitude with the press, there really is no upside from here. He hasn't been unfortunate or anything like that. This is Steve Bruce performing almost exactly in line with expectations. 

Yesterday was the first match I've watched in ages, and I only put it on cos my in-laws finally got over their Covid fears (now that they're days away from their second vaccination) and decided to come and camp in my living room for FOUR FUCKING HOURS yesterday. An unbelievably shit way to spend your weekend. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

The Gayle disallowed goal.Were the rules not changed a couple of years ago regarding being in an offside position? I thought if the defender puts in a challenge,whether he makes contact with the ball or not,and the ball ends up at a player in an offside position,It’s not deemed to be offside.If you watch a replay,Gayle is having a word with ref.Burnley are up there with Arsenal and Grealish with regards to going down ‘easy’ .Nee bigger cheat on the pitch than Mee.

You’re being harsh on yourself essembee, no one here thinks you’re a cheat!

Rule states if a player intensionally plays the ball and it falls to an opposition player who is in an offside position then they are no longer offside. If they don’t play at it and it just hits them or don’t make contact the ball, the offside player is adjudged to still be offside.

4 minutes ago, sammynb said:

You’re being harsh on yourself essembee, no one here thinks you’re a cheat!

Rule states if a player intensionally plays the ball and it falls to an opposition player who is in an offside position then they are no longer offside. If they don’t play at it and it just hits them or don’t make contact the ball, the offside player is adjudged to still be offside.

Thanks for that.I don’t think that covers the change that I believe may have been brought in.I’m sure there was a change if the defender made a challenge,even if the defender made no contact with the ball.Maybe it’s been changed again or the officials aren’t aware of it.On another point,can keepers now keep hold of the ball for as long as they like before releasing it?

1 hour ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Thanks for that.I don’t think that covers the change that I believe may have been brought in.I’m sure there was a change if the defender made a challenge,even if the defender made no contact with the ball.Maybe it’s been changed again or the officials aren’t aware of it.On another point,can keepers now keep hold of the ball for as long as they like before releasing it?

:icon_lol:

Nope definitely as I said, they have to play at the ball (the defender), if it just hits them on the way through or if they miss it completely the attacking player is offside if in an offside position.

And no keepers cannot hold on to it indefinitely. It's no longer the count to fourteen but there is a referee here in Australia's top flight (I know) who has pinged a couple of keepers this season and it ends up an indirect free kick.

Count to 14? I always knew the rule to say 6 seconds though it is very rarely policed like that - generally only called after a warning and if they're well clear of 6 seconds.