Euro Super League.

Ugly Mackems

They can fuck right off. There will be a huge backlash with players being prevented from playing for their countries and potentially a boycott of any broadcaster who shows their matches.

• Like 2

With the likes of Man City, Bayern and PSG not being involved UEFA has got some good leverage to take a tough stance. I think there will be a huge backlash from fans as well. I hope they choke on their greed.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

With the likes of Man City, Bayern and PSG not being involved UEFA has got some good leverage to take a tough stance. I think there will be a huge backlash from fans as well. I hope they choke on their greed.

I don’t get it. How is it England top 6 if Man City aren’t involved?

34 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Just read the piece. Man City are involved. 

As are Arsenal :lol:

Only read it in the German press where City were lusted as not to be involved. They are a perfect natch for a Cunts League though.

It’s ironic that Masters was doing the big 6’s bidding by fillibustering the saudi purchase of NUFC, like a good little lap dog, whilst they were plotting a break away which massively undermines the PL and his role. 

• Like 1

Wheres the fun in seeing the same 12 teams play each other every season?

The PL will go acka over this. If finishing in the top 4 doesn't get you champions league football then the Premier League becomes very boring all of a sudden. Especially when the last few title wins have been decided weeks before the end of the season. BeinSport aren't paying a kings ransom to watch the relegation run in each season

• Like 1

:lol: Good riddance to the bloated boring cunts. They can fuck right off and play in their shite “super” league while the rest of the country can get on with the normal league system. I hope they do realize that naturally some of them will become the whipping boys, and the lower income members of that league right? 

I just find it such an absurd concept, so fans of Liverpool and Manchester United won’t be able to brag about being champions of England anymore, they can try and brag about this pish but who will give a fuck? I’ll personally put way more stock in the PL without them than their stupid super duper league. What the rest of the league need to do is put in stipulations that if they leave and decide they want to be back they have to start at the bottom of the ladder. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Wheres the fun in seeing the same 12 teams play each other every season?

The PL will go acka over this. If finishing in the top 4 doesn't get you champions league football then the Premier League becomes very boring all of a sudden. Especially when the last few title wins have been decided weeks before the end of the season. BeinSport aren't paying a kings ransom to watch the relegation run in each season

I admit I haven’t read too much about it, would this stop the CL? I see UEFA are opposed to it so I assume we’d just carry on with the CL and al the leagues as if these bloated clubs never existed. 

Looking at it I think there are too many legal hurdles and obstacles to overcome to get this through. It’s probably just an attempt to blackmail the leagues and associations to give more money to the clubs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sonatine said:

:clapping:

That sky sports cunt can shut the fuck up too . Who does he think he’s fuckin working for?  Does anyone think he’d turn down money to work on this bullshit? 

UEFA were about to announce a re vamped champions league. Perhaps the the alleged “big boys” don’t like what they’ve seen and are threatening this nonsense to get their own way? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That sky sports cunt can shut the fuck up too . Who does he think he’s fuckin working for?  Does anyone think he’d turn down money to work on this bullshit? 

UEFA were about to announce a re vamped champions league. Perhaps the the alleged “big boys” don’t like what they’ve seen and are threatening this nonsense to get their own way? 

The revamped CL was devised to avoid this sort of situation. Apparently it didn’t go far enough in embedding these clubs’ entitlement to European money in perpetuity.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

So are they leaving the premier league?

My vague understanding is that they would still compete in the PL but that this would replace the CL?

If they ban all the teams involved in these shenanigans from European football then we’re only ten points off CL qualification.

Where are all the Bruce haters now?

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Howay said:

I admit I haven’t read too much about it, would this stop the CL? I see UEFA are opposed to it so I assume we’d just carry on with the CL and al the leagues as if these bloated clubs never existed. 

CL would be places 5-8 presumably, with Europa places 9-11 :lol: Everton and West Ham in the Champions League and Villa and Leeds in the Europa. Kiss goodbye to the TV money for that too.

The whole thing is a disaster and benefits 6 clubs in the PL, and 6 clubs only 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ewerk said:

My vague understanding is that they would still compete in the PL but that this would replace the CL?

Wouldn't replace the champions league. This is a privately funded league and nowt to do with UEFA. The champions league would just have to go ahead without the best 12 teams in Europe.

Top 6 UK clubs are probably seeing it as a clever blackmail plot to get UEFA and the FA to pay them a bigger share of the pot in the CL and PL

14 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

CL would be places 5-8 presumably, with Europa places 9-11 :lol: Everton and West Ham in the Champions League and Villa and Leeds in the Europa. Kiss goodbye to the TV money for that too.

The whole thing is a disaster and benefits 6 clubs in the PL, and 6 clubs only 

What a fucking mess. My initial thought was that we’d be rid of them from the PL but see from what you and ewerk have said that they’d remain in the English leagues. Total load of rubbish. Mind I don’t see how the same sides playing each other each season in a closed shop competition like that could hold people’s interest in the long term? I suppose I’m coming from the perspective that I barely care about the CL and dislike all 6 of these clubs tbf. 

Got to be sanctions for the way in which they're going about this. If it goes ahead, ban them from domestic competition. If it doesn't, put  in some kind of transfer ban or all clubs involved to be docked 40 points. It'll give us some sport at least to see if we can finish above them. :icon_lol:

• Haha 1