Euro Super League.

Ugly Mackems

7 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Bollocks man, read your post again, exactly what I said, ads in breaks in play. The game does not stop for an ad, the ads happen when the game stops.

How long is football actually happening in a 90 minute football game ?

Can we all just agree that any sport that is a closed shop, and has teams called Miami Dolphins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, St.Louis Sex Pests, and Washington Foreskins is a fucking stupid sport and get on with discussing what used to be a proper sport?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

10 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Bollocks man, read your post again, exactly what I said, ads in breaks in play. The game does not stop for an ad, the ads happen when the game stops.

How long is football actually happening in a 90 minute football game ?

"The breaks are also called during stoppages due to injury, instant replay challenges, when either of the participating teams uses one of its set of timeouts, and if the network needs to catch up on its commercial advertisement schedule. "

and if the network needs to catch up on its commercial advertisement schedule. 

fuck all to do with the sport, purely to satisfy advertisers. 

Bellissimo

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Never seen that happen and I watch every week during the season, only in natural game breaks are there ads.

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

Never seen that happen and I watch every week during the season, only in natural game breaks are there ads.

30 second adverts or longer while the kicky one runs off and the runny one runs on. How long before the ESL brings in adverts during subs, before throw-ins, after goals, for the suddenly introduced mandatory mid-half water break.

If NFL had it's way, there'd be 4hrs of adverts broken up by quick 30 seconds of actual sport.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

30 second adverts or longer while the kicky one runs off and the runny one runs on. How long before the ESL brings in adverts during subs, before throw-ins, after goals, for the suddenly introduced mandatory mid-half water break.

If NFL had it's way, there'd be 4hrs of adverts broken up by quick 30 seconds of actual sport.

I have no doubt that could happen, but it's nowt to do with the NFL, which is a fucking great game to watch.

12 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I have no doubt that could happen, but it's nowt to do with the NFL, which is a fucking great game to watch.

It might be, but tv's ruined it. 

20 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Do you have any opinion that isn’t totally bollocks?

• Haha 3

The 'European' Super League without a single German team, no Dutch teams, no Portuguese, no French. 

Not getting a real European vibe from this. 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Isn't that what it is anyway? Worst sport I've ever had the misfortune to watch live.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Isn't that what it is anyway? Worst sport I've ever had the misfortune to watch live.

I think I'd fancy going to watch it live, same for Baseball. It's an American experience. Just like walking down the Vegas strip, or getting a cable car in San Francisco, or getting mugged in New York.

According to the German press Dortmund, Bayern and PSG are meant to complete the number of founding members, they are going to be offered membership with the German teams getting 30 days to reply, PSG 14 days.

38 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Only half a coward. He had stronger words about this nonsense in the past.

In fairness he does say his opinion on it hasn't changed and basically "we knew fuck all about this about until yesterday". Wouldn't be surprised if Klopp uses this as his excuse to jump ship though, he's been riding a wave since Buvac fucked off.

2 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

In fairness he does say his opinion on it hasn't changed and basically "we knew fuck all about this about until yesterday". Wouldn't be surprised if Klopp uses this as his excuse to jump ship though, he's been riding a wave since Buvac fucked off.

It would have been better to use strong words today than make peoples having to dig up quotes from the past. He had a good chance to take the moral high ground.

I noticed Klopp said he was against the new uefa proposals as it meant too many matches - I'll bet when he's persuaded to back this shite, he won't object to 20+ games on top of of the domestic league when they work it out. 

(I'm a cynic, when this much money's involved it'll happen). 

9 minutes ago, NJS said:

I noticed Klopp said he was against the new uefa proposals as it meant too many matches - I'll bet when he's persuaded to back this shite, he won't object to 20+ games on top of of the domestic league when they work it out. 

(I'm a cynic, when this much money's involved it'll happen). 

Dunno like. This Liverpool team look fucking burnt out and I think he knows it. On top of that he lost that tactical edge when Buvac dumped him.

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

"The breaks are also called during stoppages due to injury, instant replay challenges, when either of the participating teams uses one of its set of timeouts, and if the network needs to catch up on its commercial advertisement schedule. "

fuck all to do with the sport, purely to satisfy advertisers. 

Bellissimo

"10 minutes left at the Pizza Hut San Siro and the Daves Double Glazing Scoreboard still reads 1-0 to inter"