Euro Super League.

Ugly Mackems

39 minutes ago, NJS said:

I noticed Klopp said he was against the new uefa proposals as it meant too many matches - I'll bet when he's persuaded to back this shite, he won't object to 20+ games on top of of the domestic league when they work it out. 

(I'm a cynic, when this much money's involved it'll happen). 

Given the clubs involved are basically making the league up, they'll make sure the rules allow huge squads too to facilitate the extra games.

Imagine how little we'd have to spend to not get relegated if these clubs got banished from the PL

Chelsea, Man City and Real Madrid face the prospect of being kicked out of the Champions League semi-finals over their European Super League plans, says UEFA executive committee member Jesper Moller

Edited by trooper
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, NJS said:

I noticed Klopp said he was against the new uefa proposals as it meant too many matches - I'll bet when he's persuaded to back this shite, he won't object to 20+ games on top of of the domestic league when they work it out. 

(I'm a cynic, when this much money's involved it'll happen). 

He has been pretty consistent in the past in openly objecting these kind of changes as well as manager of Dortmund but also at Liverpool.

9 minutes ago, trooper said:

Chelsea, Man City and Real Madrid face the prospect of being kicked out of the Champions League semi-finals over their European Super League plans, says UEFA executive committee member Jesper Moller

I'm sure they won't have the balls to do it but that would be marvellous :lol: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Kicking three of the champions league semi finalists out of the competition is scheduled for Friday apparently :cuppa:

How would it be in any way legal?

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

How would it be in any way legal?

“Due to unforeseen circumstances the 2021 champions league is hereby cancelled. Am fucked if I’m giving you any more loot seeing as you’re going running off into the arms of JP Morgan you treacherous cunts” is roughly how I’d word it...the whole thing is going to court anyway...

One thing is blindingly obvious to me, the Saudis wanted to take us into it and were partly prevented from doing so by English clubs sticking an oar into the process last summer, for fear of losing out themselves. Qatar/Bein obviously played a part too, Bein look like they’re fucked now anyway if it all goes through as planned. 

5 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Klopp isn’t just a coward he is an idiot as well.

I'll say it again but I don't agree. He's a coward for not being more hardline against it during that presser but he's no idiot. Cunts contract runs another few years, a few more comments like that and fsg will pay him off.... 

1 minute ago, Blastronaut said:

I'll say it again but I don't agree. He's a coward for not being more hardline against it during that presser but he's no idiot. Cunts contract runs another few years, a few more comments like that and fsg will pay him off.... 

His post match antics were cringeworthy.

6 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Klopp - "The owners are great people"

Well that puts paid to any one who's still under the illusion that Klopp had integrity.

Integrity? He said in his pre-match presser he stood by his previous comments and was still opposed.

9 hours ago, Toonpack said:

No-one tanks the season, ever.

Game doesn't stop for ads either, the ads happen when the game naturally stops - only stops when change of possession or a timeout and clock stops when the ball is out of play.

Moving is extremely rare, but that is the billionaire owner effect, when it does happen it's usually the perennially shit teams it happens to - and that's even with all their high draft picks.

Come back when you know what you are talking about, y'know, like fancy cheese on toast.

Fat blokes in tights and armour….. iirc… 🍔🍿

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Integrity? He said in his pre-match presser he stood by his previous comments and was still opposed.

He can't exactly say I've had serendipitous change of heart can he. What he didn't do is come out in strong terms again, and what he did do, when he really didn't need to, is back the owners of Liverpool.

16 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

He can't exactly say I've had serendipitous change of heart can he. What he didn't do is come out in strong terms again, and what he did do, when he really didn't need to, is back the owners of Liverpool.

You saying he should've called an all out strike until we get more information? Sold his employers down the swanny? Walked out of his job in protest five minutes before kick off? 

Edited by Blastronaut

19 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

You saying he should've called an all out strike until we get more information? Sold his employers down the swanny? Walked out of his job in protest five minutes before kick off? 

Eh, no. You're not afraid of hyperbole are you. What I'm saying, and my comments are directed towards what he said after the match, is that he could have been a lot stronger instead of equivocating and obfuscating on behalf of the Liverpool owners. He criticised UEFA, which is fair enough given they're just out for what they can get as well, but he also defended the Fenway Group saying that they must have a reason for what they are doing, they aren't gamblers, and that they are good people. They do have a reason for doing it, money, and the latter two are objectively false given what's transpired. There is no grey area here, and that's what Klopp was trying to aim for like a weasel.

15 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

No...

And 4 of them not even in the CL places currently - who'd have thought they may be concerned that players may want to leave if the don't finish in the top 4?