Euro Super League.

Ugly Mackems

The 14 non Super League Premiership clubs have a meeting with Masters today. I wouldn't be surprised if they refused to play the other 6 teams. What ever happens this has now effectively split the Premiership into an us & them situation. I know it was like that anyway, but this has made things a lot worse.

I suspect all 14 of the clubs will be primarily motivated by the financial aspects of this, and will weigh up whether the damage from kicking the 6 "big" clubs out of the league will be greater or worse than letting it run on like this.

Only the fans care about the sporting competitiveness of the league. The PL only care about their money and brand, the FA only care because they're paid to, the government only care because they think there's votes in it.

As much as I'd love everyone involved to grow a pair and tell them to sling their collective hooks, I can't see it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a clause in all uefa sanctioned competitions that you can be expelled if you join a non sanctioned one.

They haven't joined anything yet though, they've just signed a letter of intent which is a bit different.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

They haven't joined anything yet though, they've just signed a letter of intent which is a bit different.

It is, but by signing that they've  said "fuck you" to the other 14 Premiership Clubs. 

23 minutes ago, trooper said:

The 14 non Super League Premiership clubs have a meeting with Masters today. I wouldn't be surprised if they refused to play the other 6 teams. What ever happens this has now effectively split the Premiership into an us & them situation. I know it was like that anyway, but this has made things a lot worse.

I'd be surprised if they refused to play the other six teams.

Honestly, I think the ESL won't happen in it's proposed form. I think the 12 teams will negotiate even more power over their domestic and continental competitions, their broadcast rights etc. 

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Honestly, I think the ESL won't happen in it's proposed form. I think the 12 teams will negotiate even more power over their domestic and continental competitions, their broadcast rights etc. 

They can't refuse to play the other six. The league rules state that they have to fulfil their fixtures and TV companies would be suing for lost revenue.

I think they're going to get fuck all out of this, they've overplayed their hand this time.

The best is for all others to adhere strictly to the regulations so they can throw the rule book at the dirty dozen. Doing anything silly would only give them leverage.

Let the public anger hit them and choke on their own shit they tried to serve.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Florentino Perez has said the 12 have signed binding contracts. Which is also a but different. Not saying this is true like, it's impossible to tell now since our ruling politicians and oligarchs have all turned into pathological liars. 

not sure what to say on this really.

the game was hardly recognisable to the one I fell in love with as a young kid with his dad in the late 60s in the old popular side. turning a teenager in the 70s on the leazes end and grasping the passion and tribalism that went hand in hand with supporting your team, your club.

whilst ashley seemingly has had no part in this breakaway he shares the same trait as these six utter cunts owning the so called big six, there's not one of the fuckers got the remotest idea of what being football supporter is about, they're completely detached from reality.

they can all go fuck themselves.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, ewerk said:

They can't refuse to play the other six. The league rules state that they have to fulfil their fixtures and TV companies would be suing for lost revenue.

I think they're going to get fuck all out of this, they've overplayed their hand this time.

They (Sky/BT etc.) need to step up and come out against it and guarantee/protect revenue in line with current contracts, they ain't going to get a look in, or rights, to this new league, nailed on it'll be a streamed PPV service through bloody Amazon or the like.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

It’s exactly the same as the formation of the Premier League really isn’t it. The big clubs wanted more money and threatened to fuck off if they didn’t get it. In the end they came to a compromise. I’m certain this is what will happen but I’d much rather it just went ahead and the real supporters of these clubs fucked them all off and gave their support to FCUM or the like. I’d like to think that’s what we’d do if faced with the same choice. Let them keep the fans from America or China or wherever, that’s where they’ll end up playing half their games anyway. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

It’s exactly the same as the formation of the Premier League really isn’t it. The big clubs wanted more money and threatened to fuck off if they didn’t get it. In the end they came to a compromise. I’m certain this is what will happen but I’d much rather it just went ahead and the real supporters of these clubs fucked them all off and gave their support to FCUM or the like. I’d like to think that’s what we’d do if faced with the same choice. Let them keep the fans from America or China or wherever, that’s where they’ll end up playing half their games anyway. 

absolutely. if it goes ahead these clubs become rootless global franchises, like the harlem globetrotters 

Strong differences of opinion emerging in private between breakaway clubs. Some of execs involved believe they're being hung out to dry & are beginning to get cold feet. They're nervous & disappointed about way it's been handled. One says: “This is not what we signed up for”

This a screenshot from PL website...

It suggests to me that the onus is on the 6 to leave the PL because the rules as they stand don't allow them to play in the league of greed. They'll literally have to resign. This appears to be in the PLs favour, its literally down to the 6 to decide what happens. How much sky & BT will pay for ere "legacy" clubs TV rights am not sure but Rangers & Celtic would see this as a massive opportunity if it goes ahead, maybe Hearts, Hibs & Aberdeen too...if we're going to see massive fundamental change then I don't object to a brand new British League...but if the Premier league stick to their guns it's not happening, if it does the 6 clubs will be playing midweek only and will basically be signing their own death warrants as legitimate English football clubs in their original form.The PL did however ignore their own rules last summer to stop the Saudi takeover so this is very likely a "fluid" situation too..

IMG_0388.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

How is it exactly the same? This fundamentally breaks the pyramid in a way the PL didn't. It literally stops football being a sport and makes it entertainment. The PL injected huge amounts of money into the game but its always been competitive. Newcastle had a real shot of the title back in 1996. As well as getting relegated a decade later of course. 

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This a screenshot from PL website...

It suggests to me that the onus is on the 6 to leave the PL because the rules as they stand don't allow them to play in the league of greed. They'll literally have to resign. This appears to be in the PLs favour, its literally down to the 6 to decide what happens. How much sky & BT will pay for ere "legacy" clubs TV rights am not sure but Rangers & Celtic would see this as a massive opportunity if it goes ahead, maybe Hearts, Hibs & Aberdeen too...if we're going to see massive fundamental change then I don't object to a brand new British League...but if the Premier league stick to their guns it's not happening, if it does the 6 clubs will be playing midweek only and will basically be signing their own death warrants as legitimate English football clubs in their original form.The PL did however ignore their own rules last summer to stop the Saudi takeover so this is very likely a "fluid" situation too..

IMG_0388.png

If the 6 go I'd like to see the Glasgow and Edinburgh clubs in the PL, maybe Aberdeen and one of the Dundees. Suspect they would be annihilated mind. 

Florentino Pérez was yesterday in a Spanish 'TV Program' saying that the problem is all big clubs are in serious economic problems because de Pandemic. So, they need money and the SuperLeague is a real thing that is going to happen. There is no way back. 

FIFA and UEFA doesn't have the power to ban players for European Nations Cups or World Cup so... UEFA and FIFA are threaten 12 clubs but they know is impossible this happen.