Euro Super League.

Ugly Mackems

Other question is if PL could be ban 'the big 6' from the Premier League. Today there are a meeting between the other 14 teams. I think they have the possibility, but this wown't happen because the Money.

Newcastle, West Ham, Wolves... All of 14 teams need the Big 6 to get an important TV accord. 

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

If the 6 go I'd like to see the Glasgow and Edinburgh clubs in the PL, maybe Aberdeen and one of the Dundees. Suspect they would be annihilated mind. 

The last thing we need is the sectarian carnage/nonsense from Glasgow down here, they want in they start at the bottom.

SFA wouldn't go for it and Scottish Gov't would definitely object (SNP considerations etc).

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

The last thing we need is the sectarian carnage/nonsense from Glasgow down here, they want in they start at the bottom.

SFA wouldn't go for it and Scottish Gov't would definitely object (SNP considerations etc).

Yeah, I know, just would personally like the away trips! 

21 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This a screenshot from PL website...

It suggests to me that the onus is on the 6 to leave the PL because the rules as they stand don't allow them to play in the league of greed. They'll literally have to resign. This appears to be in the PLs favour, its literally down to the 6 to decide what happens. How much sky & BT will pay for ere "legacy" clubs TV rights am not sure but Rangers & Celtic would see this as a massive opportunity if it goes ahead, maybe Hearts, Hibs & Aberdeen too...if we're going to see massive fundamental change then I don't object to a brand new British League...but if the Premier league stick to their guns it's not happening, if it does the 6 clubs will be playing midweek only and will basically be signing their own death warrants as legitimate English football clubs in their original form.The PL did however ignore their own rules last summer to stop the Saudi takeover so this is very likely a "fluid" situation too..

IMG_0388.png

I don't think it's any coincidence that Project Big Picture that Liverpool and Man U were trying to push through last season in order to 'save the Football League' also gave the 'Big Six' carte blanche to write the rules of the league.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Florentino Pérez was yesterday in a Spanish 'TV Program' saying that the problem is all big clubs are in serious economic problems because de Pandemic. So, they need money and the SuperLeague is a real thing that is going to happen. There is no way back. 

FIFA and UEFA doesn't have the power to ban players for European Nations Cups or World Cup so... UEFA and FIFA are threaten 12 clubs but they know is impossible this happen. 

Are you pleased that Atleti are involved?

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don't think it's any coincidence that Project Big Picture that Liverpool and Man U were trying to push through last season in order to 'save the Football League' also gave the 'Big Six' carte blanche to write the rules of the league.

Good point. Its rejection  probably saw them out the door. 

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Are you pleased that Atleti are involved?

Totally no. 

Most of the Atleti fans don't like SuperLeague.

We have to renewal our membership season in this week and I know some people are cancelling it. 

But the general thinking is... Ok. This is goint to happen, so If is going to happen is better to be in than to be out. 

46 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Florentino Pérez was yesterday in a Spanish 'TV Program' saying that the problem is all big clubs are in serious economic problems because de Pandemic. So, they need money and the SuperLeague is a real thing that is going to happen. There is no way back. 

FIFA and UEFA doesn't have the power to ban players for European Nations Cups or World Cup so... UEFA and FIFA are threaten 12 clubs but they know is impossible this happen. 

Players will have to be registered with clubs playing in a FIFA / UEFA league to be able to play in World/European internationals.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Players will have to be registered with clubs playing in a FIFA / UEFA league to be able to play in World/European internationals.

Is the same that happened in Basket in 2000's. 

FIBA threated players with bans for World Cups, Olympic Games and European Nations Cup if they created the Euroleague.... 

But really they don't have the permission to do that. 

Sis Nations Rugby, The Champiomship Rugby, NFL, NBA, MLB... All are private and locked tournaments... And all of that more or less lived the same that football. 

And (it is only my opinion), when Fifa saw the Superleague was a fact, Fifa will say goodbye to Uefa. 

Aye, I don’t understand this viewpoint that these breakaway teams stand much chance of winning the legal side of things, they’re going to get mullered. I know a Liverpool fan who brought this up and said surely they have thought through all the legal side of things before doing this, I genuinely don’t think they have I think they’re arrogant enough to believe everyone else will tow the line they’re setting.

As PL pointed out there’s strong rules in place that stop teams playing in external competitions, straight away that will give the PL the strong hand in any legal sense as these teams all agreed to that. KCG is also right about internationals imo, it’s the same way how international teams can force players to play international matches (recent example was Matuidi iirc). They are FIFA owned tournaments, they’ll just require you to be registered with a club that plays in an FA approved division or something of that ilk, you can’t ban them from things like the Olympics I agree, but who cares about the Olympics football competition?

Fwiw Diego I think this is absolutely something that’s better to be out of than in. It’s a mechanism built on pure greed and is wholly aimed at the Chinese and US markets. The rest of the game will move on quickly, this idea that the “other 14’s” league will crumble and struggle is a complete fallacy, one that these breakaway teams want everyone to believe. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

FIBA threated players with bans for World Cups, Olympic Games and European Nations Cup if they created the Euroleague.... 

Sis Nations Rugby, The Champiomship Rugby, NFL, NBA, MLB... All are private and locked tournaments... And all of that more or less lived the same that football. 

And (it is only my opinion), when Fifa saw the Superleague was a fact, Fifa will say goodbye to Uefa. 

FIBA did a deal with the Euro League in 2001, more than 12 clubs left to join the Euroleague.

No idea where you're going with rugby and stuff. Fifa can ban players from entering world cups if they are not registered with affiliated leagues. Also the home associations can choose not to pick players not playing in their affiliated leagues. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

How is it exactly the same? This fundamentally breaks the pyramid in a way the PL didn't. It literally stops football being a sport and makes it entertainment. The PL injected huge amounts of money into the game but its always been competitive. Newcastle had a real shot of the title back in 1996. As well as getting relegated a decade later of course. 

I mean it's the same that they are threatening this in order to get more money and power.  In terms of what this does to the game if it goes through, of course it's different and much more harmful.  Mind I don't know the exact details of what the clubs were threatening at the time of the premier league creation.  They may have been threatening to break away from the pyramid completely if they didn't get their way then too.  But my point was about it being a power grab rather than about how far reaching the changes are..

9 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

That would be very foolish. If FIFA don't back UEFA then this is just the beginning. Next thing is they will tell FIFA that they need to cut the number of international matches, then they will want compensated for releasing their players for internationals, it's a slippery slope and it needs to be stopped now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

FIBA did a deal with the Euro League in 2001, more than 12 clubs left to join the Euroleague.

No idea where you're going with rugby and stuff. Fifa can ban players from entering world cups if they are not registered with affiliated leagues. Also the home associations can choose not to pick players not playing in their affiliated leagues. 

Also can add that FIFA have their eyes on their own club World Cup type tournaments, this would put paid to anything like that which is why they will fight tooth and nail alongside UEFA on this. 

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Wonder if Charnley will bother himself to make a statement, or will just wait to see what the others write and copy and paste bits of what everyone else says.

Can you copy and paste on an etch a sketch ??

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Wonder if Charnley will bother himself to make a statement, or will just wait to see what the others write and copy and paste bits of what everyone else says.

the least anticipated statement since michael bay announced he was making another transformers film

14 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

The NFL, NBA & MLB models is exactly what the owners of these clubs want, but those competitions weren't created on the back of a professional structure that has 92 teams in this country alone (never mind clubs in Spain and Italy too).  Those clubs that are going to be locked out of this and turned into minor league feeder clubs aren't going to accept this and I can't see many supporters in this country accepting it either.  Appart from the fact that it just will get boring watching your team play the same few teams every week it also will become impossible for most supporters to continue to attend games week after week.  Their are plenty of supporters who go to every game home and away.  That will be impossible when you first of all have to fly around Europe every week and then to America/Chine/Middle East. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Suggesting first that Western Scottish sectarianism is the biggest issue here conpared with good old Scotland v England rivalry turning into violence is a bizarre position to take. There will be millions of reasons on offer to your village elders that will override any residual SNP inspired protectionism.... 

Spot on, it’s ridiculous this assumption that the leagues collapse without these teams. There will be a dip in the TV money due to Chinese/US interest splitting to some degree between the super league and the domestic leagues (more than likely in favor of super league at first but as time goes by who knows honestly), but within England the focus will stay with the Premier League and other domestic leagues. Most of the people in England that follow football don’t support one of these 6 teams. The money might decrease a bit for a period of time but that has no impact on fans imo, it’ll just return to a few years back where you pay £5m for a player you’re currently paying £15m for. Add to that a refreshed hierarchy of teams, owners likely making plays/gambles to get their foot in that door etc I think it’ll be far more interesting than Real Madrid v Liverpool for 4th time in a year. 

Edited by Howay