Euro Super League.

Ugly Mackems

30 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Imagine Charnley in that meeting man :lol:

“ So that’s three Cappucinos, Four Lattes, Two white with sugar, a Tea, a Mint tea, two waters and a Blackcurrant Fruit Shoot for me?”

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Formula E, the electric car racing series, has a feature where the viewing public can vote for which driver should get an extra performance boost. Just wait until Perez gets his hands on that idea.

That should keep Big Dunc busy.

Has anyone mentioned that if it goes ahead it won't be long before they invite American or Chinese teams with megabucks to join? 

Maybe that's why "our" Saudis are supposed to be ambivalent about it as they think they'll get an invite in a couple of years and they can create a team from scratch. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NJS said:

Has anyone mentioned that if it goes ahead it won't be long before they invite American or Chinese teams with megabucks to join? 

Maybe that's why "our" Saudis are supposed to be ambivalent about it as they think they'll get an invite in a couple of years and they can create a team from scratch. 

Mind, the prospect of Spurs and Arsenal regularly getting botted by Al Ahli has its appeal.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Policy & intent are irrelevant, you lot SOUND like a gang of whiny entitled pricks.  At least the Brexiteers won their referendum. Yes, I know, Brexit changed all that. Get on with it ffs. Whilst you're here, what will be the border arrangements either end of Coldstream Bridge for when I visit? Given that Scotland will very likely stay in the EU?  thanks 👍

Coldstream bridge works for me

43 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You just know Charnley is a never nude.

:lol: When he cuts out of the meeting of the “other 14” to call Mike

”Hi Mr Ashley... I mean sir, just wanted to ask if there’s been any further development in the design of the no fear cut off Jean shorts? There’s quite a demand from certain communities....”

”fack sake Lee I fort you were telling me about this fackin meeting. You’ve been told about this fackin weird jean short thing before, keep Bruce in a job and the no fear shorts are all yours” 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

so, fucking useless as expected...... 

The Premier League have released a statement following their meeting this afternoon.

It reads: "The Premier League, alongside The FA, met with clubs today to discuss the immediate implications of the Super League proposal.

"The 14 clubs at the meeting unanimously and vigorously rejected the plans for the competition.

"The Premier League is considering all actions available to prevent it from progressing, as well as holding those Shareholders involved to account under its rules.

"The League will continue to work with key stakeholders including fan groups, Government, UEFA, The FA, EFL, PFA and LMA to protect the best interests of the game and call on those clubs involved in the proposed competition to cease their involvement immediately.

"The Premier League would like to thank fans and all stakeholders for the support they have shown this week on this significant issue.

"The reaction proves just how much our open pyramid and football community means to people."

Masters unable to come to decision you say? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Coldstream bridge works for me

I always ask that question to Indy types and they always without fail dodge it. Its Northern Ireland & Brexit without the convenience of a "Scottish Sea" Border. Your vote will do this. I think the Borders will become a haven for smugglers and people traffickers. Make a hard border anywhere where there hasn't been one in practice and you'll always get problems. 

15 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I always ask that question to Indy types and they always without fail dodge it. Its Northern Ireland & Brexit without the convenience of a "Scottish Sea" Border. Your vote will do this. I think the Borders will become a haven for smugglers and people traffickers. Make a hard border anywhere where there hasn't been one in practice and you'll always get problems. 

Borders should become a roadblock for smugglers etc. I'll be moving north of it anyway so no worries :)

A Spanish court prohibits FIFA and UEFA from taking action against the Super League. In other words, FIFA and UEFA cannot prohibit players from going with their national teams or expel them from this edition of the Champions League.

4 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

A Spanish court prohibits FIFA and UEFA from taking action against the Super League. In other words, FIFA and UEFA cannot prohibit players from going with their national teams or expel them from this edition of the Champions League.

Hopefully your club gets it. You seem pretty desperate for it to work, so fingers crossed for you. Be glad to see the back of the super clubs, and the tag alongs like Spurs. 

FWIW I don’t know what that Spanish court is but I’m not sure how they have any jurisdiction over UEFA and FIFA 

Edited by Howay

1 minute ago, Howay said:

Hopefully your club gets it. You seem pretty desperate for it to work, so fingers crossed for you. Be glad to see the back of the super clubs, and the tag alongs like Spurs. 

This is a Newcastle forum. I have not mentioned my club. Ewerk asked me if I liked the idea because I am Atletico Supporter and you can read that I do not agree with it at all and that, in fact, I have decided not to renew my season membership ticket.

I only give my opinion of what I think will happen and, in this case, I link a news from a court that is more important than what everyone here thinks will happen. 

• Like 1