Euro Super League.

Ugly Mackems

3 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

This is a Newcastle forum. I have not mentioned my club. Ewerk asked me if I liked the idea because I am Atletico Supporter and you can read that I do not agree with it at all and that, in fact, I have decided not to renew my season membership ticket.

I only give my opinion of what I think will happen and, in this case, I link a news from a court that is more important than what everyone here thinks will happen. 

A court with no jurisdiction over FIFA and UEFA is about as relevant as us talking about it. You were pretty dismissive about the “other 14” chances of maintaining the league earlier which is what got my back up tbh. If you’re against it that’s fine but some of your responses haven’t really leant to that other than the initial response to ewerk. It is a Newcastle forum aye, which is why any response that references we’d need and depend on the likes of Spurs to exist is going to annoy people tbh. 

Edited by Howay

9 minutes ago, trooper said:

Live outside Stamford Bridge 

Chelsea fans spend a decade and a half not giving a second thought to where Abramovich’s money came from making a stand now ? There’s a price for everything lads, this is where your titles and champions league has taken you...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

A court with no jurisdiction over FIFA and UEFA is about as relevant as us talking about it. You were pretty dismissive about the “other 14” chances of maintaining the league earlier which is what got my back up tbh. If you’re against it that’s fine but some of your responses haven’t really leant to that other than the initial response to ewerk. It is a Newcastle forum aye, which is why any response that references we’d need and depend on the likes of Spurs to exist is going to annoy people tbh. 

Sorry if any of you feel annoying with 'the other 14'. You know, my English is no so good. Is the way I have read in press and I don't think could be offensive. 

But I am sure, even my English was bad, I didn't say Newcastle needs Spurs to survive. I said that all of clubes or Premier League need The Big 6 to get better TV agreements. 

So, I am not guilty of what you want to understand.

• Like 2

It’s not the term “other 14” it was you basically implying they have no strength and rely on them for money. The money is there regardless, the UK tv deal is massive on its own, sure we lose out on some of the Asian tv deals but I don’t see how that’s even needed anyway? It all goes into the pockets of agents and owners so I don’t see that being enough to put the other 14 teams into a position where they’d have to kneel to these 6. 

Regardless, the PL clubs sign into an agreement that specifically states they can’t play in competitions other than those listed, I really can’t see how they get around that in any court regardless of what some random Spanish court has said (how did they reach this verdict? What case has been brought to them? Or have they just randomly said this?) 

Edited by Howay

15 minutes ago, trooper said:

Live outside Stamford Bridge 

Now you just have to spread the rumour (in addition to the virus) that they also  want to ban racism and they will burn the place down.

But to be serious, they really make themselves heard there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

It’s not the term “other 14” it was you basically implying they have no strength and rely on them for money. The money is there regardless, the UK tv deal is massive on its own, sure we lose out on some of the Asian tv deals but I don’t see how that’s even needed anyway? It all goes into the pockets of agents and owners so I don’t see that being enough to put the other 14 teams into a position where they’d have to kneel to these 6. 

Regardless, the PL clubs sign into an agreement that specifically states they can’t play in competitions other than those listed, I really can’t see how they get around that in any court regardless of what some random Spanish court has said (how did they reach this verdict? What case has been brought to them? Or have they just randomly said this?) 

I know the UK tv deal is bigger and more important than the other countries. And if i am not wrong, even TV Championship deal is bigger than other leagues in their first division. But you are thinking that I am offensive with something I think should be normal and logical. The new TV deal will be smaller if not include teams in the Big Six. Don't you think that will be so? I'm not talking about disappearing, or not being important. Simply that it will be lower. And would be normal to if all of Premier League teams will decided not exclude the Big Six for keeping getting more money because the League will be the same attractive and teams need Money, over all in this year with the Pancemic. The TV Deals are so much big not just for the real fans from every team, too for 'this fans' around the world. China, Japan, India, Arabia... And this countries 'pay' so much for seeing Manchesters, Arsenal and Liverpool over all. 

And in the other question. Really I don't know. I have been very bad in laws always. But in Spain, basically, press is saying this court has the rails to ban FIFA and UEFA from taking action against the super league. I don't know if only is for the Spanish teams or for all. In adittion, Superleague have presented the sames instances in courts in Italy and UK. 

7 hours ago, Diego21 said:

Other question is if PL could be ban 'the big 6' from the Premier League. Today there are a meeting between the other 14 teams. I think they have the possibility, but this wown't happen because the Money.

Newcastle, West Ham, Wolves... All of 14 teams need the Big 6 to get an important TV accord. 

This post is implying the money lost would effectively prevent the other 14 sides from doing anything against the six sides. Of course there is a hit to the international deals but you’re implying here that the other 14 teams would effectively be powerless to stop these 6 because of that. The PL will be fine without them, sure the money will drop but that wasn’t really what was implied by your post, your post is implying that possible loss of revenue will leave everyone powerless, and it’s wrong. 

Whatever this Spanish court have said I fail to see how it holds any weight over FIFA and UEFA, they’re allowed to only admit those teams/players that are in their network into their competitions otherwise I could just set my own club and competition up and demand to be part of the Champions League, or that my players should be called up.

As KCG said earlier the FA could just stop anyone from outside of their league system from being eligible to play for their international side, set new rules about being registered or anything. I do not see how a court gets around that, these are private competitions no ones rights are being infringed by not being allowed to play in them, the same way that they prevent you from playing for another country if you’ve already played a competitive game for one. The teams are well within their rights to go ahead and do this, no one is preventing them from doing so, but doing so doesn’t permit them to join in to competitions that relate to another footballing network. 

As for banning them from domestic competition, I’ve no idea about La Liga or Serie A, but the Premier League teams all signed an agreement that they cannot play in competitions external to those listed in said agreement, by entering this they’ve broken that agreement and I don’t see how they argue that they can’t be removed from the PL. 

Edited by Howay

27 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

And in the other question. Really I don't know. I have been very bad in laws always. But in Spain, basically, press is saying this court has the rails to ban FIFA and UEFA from taking action against the super league. I don't know if only is for the Spanish teams or for all. In adittion, Superleague have presented the sames instances in courts in Italy and UK. 

My understanding of the court ruling was that FIFA and UEFA mustn’t take any pre-emptive action against the 12 clubs. It doesn’t preclude them from taking action if they actually form the league and begin playing games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zico martin said:

I thought all 12 teams had already signed a contract? Or are we still within the Alcatel period?

Florentino Pérez said Yesterday the contract was signed... But... I am not sure he said the truth

Man City have pulled out too. What a spectacular self-own. This is like getting CUNT tattooed on your forehead. We already knew, but thanks for confirming, and good luck getting it off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6