Euro Super League.

Ugly Mackems

I thought it wouldn’t happen but the outcome would be fuck all being done against those involved and a possible revamp of the CL. With entry being guaranteed to those with the best records in Europe over the past 5 or 10 years rather than the previous season’s domestic results / league position. Incredible how quickly it’s all fallen apart though. 

9 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Did all 6 clubs sign up to the ESL without resigning from the Premier League? If so,I cannot see what the Premier League can do if anything regarding punishment.

They broke the rules of their contract with the Premier League, see an earlier post by @PaddockLad therefore they will definitely be able to be subject to punishment both financial and competitive.

6 minutes ago, sammynb said:

They broke the rules of their contract with the Premier League, see an earlier post by @PaddockLad therefore they will definitely be able to be subject to punishment both financial and competitive.

They didn't though. They signed letters of intent not binding contracts (despite what RENTON says). You can't punish a club for their thoughts.

55 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Would love a 25 point deduction going into next season. 5 of them would be fine but there would be a very real possibility of Arsenal getting relegated which would be great

relegate 5 of them two divisions. start them all off on -50 points in the third division, ban them from european competition for 10 years and fine them the £300m they were hoping to benefit by in their poxy breakaway league.

as for tottenham, their arrogance, corruption and delusion demands they cease to exist altogether, shitty, poxy, no mark little club.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I thought it wouldn’t happen but the outcome would be fuck all being done against those involved and a possible revamp of the CL. With entry being guaranteed to those with the best records in Europe over the past 5 or 10 years rather than the previous season’s domestic results / league position. Incredible how quickly it’s all fallen apart though. 

It’s been a delicious spectacle though. Thoroughly enjoyable and has provided lots of ammunition for future piss-taking when supporters are allowed back in the grounds. 

“super” :lol: 

I'll be impressed if they're sanctioned at all. Pleasantly surprised with how this has gone though - the collapse of it has probably demonstrated that for all the bluster, these 6 teams do need the PL more than the PL needs them - at least that seems to be the position we're in at the moment. Whether Masters called their bluff or they failed to call his, I don't know.

Edited by Rayvin

So, if the changes to the CL rules means that those clubs get in regardless, they can't have huge concerns over a Saudi takeover now, right? 

#CANS

16 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'll be impressed if they're sanctioned at all. Pleasantly surprised with how this has gone though - the collapse of it has probably demonstrated that for all the bluster, these 6 teams do need the PL more than the PL needs them - at least that seems to be the position we're in at the moment. Whether Masters called their bluff or they failed to call his, I don't know.

I don't think it was anything to do with Masters or the PL but everything to do with the fan opposition. I'm sure they factored in opposition from the tiny 14 fans but weren't expecting such a huge backlash from their own support.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Selfish wanker. You’ll fit in in Scotland perfectly :cuppa:

Not selfish at all just looking forward (hoping) to not have to live under the Tory yoke in perpetuity.

What's with your anti Scottish venom/hatred anyway

43 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s been a delicious spectacle though. Thoroughly enjoyable and has provided lots of ammunition for future piss-taking when supporters are allowed back in the grounds. 

“super” :lol: 

:lol: aye, it’s been a thoroughly entertaining debacle 

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Not selfish at all just looking forward (hoping) to not have to live under the Tory yoke in perpetuity.

I’m with you like, you can hardly blame the Scots for wanting shot of the English 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I was brought up in the Borders by a local born Scottish father and a Mancunian mother, I am by birth English though, so I'm frankly the best person to comment on these issues on the planet 😆

I get the desire to get rid of Westminster. I'd probably vote indy if I still lived up there. However it doesn't blind me to the things that nats won't talk about, their apparent absence of plan at all to counter the points that lost them the referendum in 2014, a mere 7 years on...and the literal appearance of 98% of the current ruling party in Scotland as being at least as useless and utterly deceitful as their Westminster counterparts. I was being mischievous yesterday, but I do beleive a lot of ordinary Indy supporters are as docile and accepting as any Brexit voting English/Unionist citizen. 

Thats why I asked you about Coldstream Bridge post Indy. You don't know and you care even less. The Border MPs & MSPs are all Tory now because the locals can see what's coming and are trying to prevent it. Northern Ireland voted against Brexit for the same reason.  Go figure.  

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’m with you like, you can hardly blame the Scots for wanting shot of the English 

I missed the meeting when Toonpack took over from KCG as official TT Scotland correspondent. Must sort my email settings :cuppa:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I missed the meeting when Toonpack took over from KCG as official TT Scotland correspondent. Must sort my email settings :cuppa:

:lol: 

This from Sky Sports News 

14 PREMIER LEAGUE CLUBS PLOT PUNISHMENTS FOR BREAKAWAY SIX

There is a difference of opinion among the group of 14 Premier League clubs about whether there should be sanctions against the 'big six', now that they have abandoned their plans for a European Super League, Sky Sports News has been told.

One senior club official has told Sky Sports News that they want to pursue the possibility of punishments, because they feel there is a clear breach of Premier League rules, and a precedent must be set to act as a deterrent to possible future breakaways.

Rule L9 says any member club needs prior written approval by the Premier League Board to enter a new competition, and this official says that rule has “patently been broken” by the rebels signing an agreement to join the Super League.

An executive at another Premier League club has told Sky Sports News that any sanction imposed on the 'big six', such as points deductions or fines would hurt the wrong people - the players, managers and, crucially, the fans of those clubs. 

Instead, they advocate the Premier League rules being tightened for the future, but they say the 'big six' should be welcomed back into the Premier League fold quickly, because “there has to be a measure of realism” here, with those six so crucial to the “overall commercial and sporting success” of the league.

There is likely to be another meeting of the 14 Premier League clubs - possibly even later today - to discuss what should happen next.

33 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I was brought up in the Borders by a local born Scottish father and a Mancunian mother, I am by birth English though, so I'm frankly the best person to comment on these issues on the planet 😆

I get the desire to get rid of Westminster. I'd probably vote indy if I still lived up there. However it doesn't blind me to the things that nats won't talk about, their apparent absence of plan at all to counter the points that lost them the referendum in 2014, a mere 7 years on...and the literal appearance of 98% of the current ruling party in Scotland as being at least as useless and utterly deceitful as their Westminster counterparts. I was being mischievous yesterday, but I do beleive a lot of ordinary Indy supporters are as docile and accepting as any Brexit voting English/Unionist citizen. 

Thats why I asked you about Coldstream Bridge post Indy. You don't know and you care even less. The Border MPs & MSPs are all Tory now because the locals can see what's coming and are trying to prevent it. Northern Ireland voted against Brexit for the same reason.  Go figure.  

Not the thread clearly but comparing Scots independence with Brexit is daft, because there is a clear sovereignty issue in only one of these scenarios. And what's the relevance of Coldstream bridge? There won't be a hard border with England, there will be a fudge much like the NIP with controls on Scottish ports once the join EFTA not the EU). 

And I'm fucking off England if Scotland gets independence too. I fucking hate the direction England is travelling and remote working makes it feasible.