Euro Super League.

Ugly Mackems

36 minutes ago, trooper said:

This from Sky Sports News 

14 PREMIER LEAGUE CLUBS PLOT PUNISHMENTS FOR BREAKAWAY SIX

There is a difference of opinion among the group of 14 Premier League clubs about whether there should be sanctions against the 'big six', now that they have abandoned their plans for a European Super League, Sky Sports News has been told.

One senior club official has told Sky Sports News that they want to pursue the possibility of punishments, because they feel there is a clear breach of Premier League rules, and a precedent must be set to act as a deterrent to possible future breakaways.

Rule L9 says any member club needs prior written approval by the Premier League Board to enter a new competition, and this official says that rule has “patently been broken” by the rebels signing an agreement to join the Super League.

An executive at another Premier League club has told Sky Sports News that any sanction imposed on the 'big six', such as points deductions or fines would hurt the wrong people - the players, managers and, crucially, the fans of those clubs. 

Instead, they advocate the Premier League rules being tightened for the future, but they say the 'big six' should be welcomed back into the Premier League fold quickly, because “there has to be a measure of realism” here, with those six so crucial to the “overall commercial and sporting success” of the league.

There is likely to be another meeting of the 14 Premier League clubs - possibly even later today - to discuss what should happen next.

Sorry, but players, managers and fans are punished when mismanagement leads to administration. The reason Man Utd, Spurs, Barcelona, and the Italian clubs wanted this league is because they're so far in debt it makes a mockery of the idea of Fit and Proper. 

Punishment should be meted out on them, whether it's fines, points deduction, transfer embargo, banned from CL or whatever. And if the managers, players and fans are unhappy with that, they should be reminded that it's their owners who brought it upon their club. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Sorry, but players, managers and fans are punished when mismanagement leads to administration. The reason Man Utd, Spurs, Barcelona, and the Italian clubs wanted this league is because they're so far in debt it makes a mockery of the idea of Fit and Proper. 

Punishment should be meted out on them, whether it's fines, points deduction, transfer embargo, banned from CL or whatever. And if the managers, players and fans are unhappy with that, they should be reminded that it's their owners who brought it upon their club. 

As much as I hate rangers fans it wasn't their fault what happened, so I agree the precedence is set. But we all know bot all will happen here. I'd like to see this as a catalyst for major change, starting with a cap on players wages, transfer fees, and agents fees. Bot all chance if that happening either. 

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Spot on. The owners wouldn't have given a toss about the fans had this come off. Football & fans would have been a minor inconvenience to satisfy their greed. These other 14 Premiership teams have to think what would the Big 6 have wanted  done to them if it had been the other way round.

Aye, I would think the way to punish them would be to hand out bans for life from football committees etc for those involved, perhaps halve what their vote counts as in Premier League votes for a period of five years which would effectively hand the power to the “other 14” for that time. I get that they hadn’t officially left or even done much but surely the manner in which they held their discussions was cartel like and I imagine must run foul of some rule. 

Of course I’d love to see large fines, transfer bans, points deductions and lengthy bans from European competition but there’s no chance it happens. 

Edited by Howay

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm not a betting man but i would be amazed if they don't escape punishment 

You ARE media communications man though, and that sentence was unforgivable. 

"I would be amazed if they get punished" 

NOT

"I would be amazed if they don't escape punishment" 

• Haha 2

The 12 Founding Clubs who announced the venture on Sunday evening purchased equity stakes of around £8million each in the Super League, which its creators ultimately hoped to turn into global competition that would dominate club football. 

It emerged yesterday that the English clubs could also face financial penalties for pulling out as the ESL contract signed last week contained clauses committing them for at least three years. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

One was a typo, the other was a borderline criminal offence. 

Rayvin, my one word editor's note for you is this: BREVITY. 

:lol: :lol: :lol: pithy thee not

I’d say it was a valuable lesson for the PL and Sky that they need to start treating the rest of the league equally so as not to keep giving these clubs the power and arrogance to attempt things like this. Sadly absolutely fucking nothing will change, all this “let’s not forget the clubs that tried this” bullshit will end within a month. 

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

An executive at another Premier League club has told Sky Sports News that any sanction imposed on the 'big six', such as points deductions or fines would hurt the wrong people - the players, managers and, crucially, the fans of those clubs. 

Instead, they advocate the Premier League rules being tightened for the future, but they say the 'big six' should be welcomed back into the Premier League fold quickly,

What odds on this bootlicker being our dearly loved Penfold?  

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

What odds on this bootlicker being our dearly loved Penfold?  

Nah, he'll have notes on his hand written by Ashley to push back against the 'Big 6' getting anything less than a shoeing. 

Ashley would love for those clubs to have less power in the PL, because then he could sell us to the Saudis and get out of the business ASAP. 

I reckon it would be someone like Wolves, or Leicester.