Kloppo's Super League Apologists vs. Brucey's Scampi Fries Fingers

Meenzer

Ref on just saying that the Wilson goal wouldn't have stood even next season. Apparently the rule is to stop an accidental goal in off someone's arm. So the rule will be that you can score from an accidental handball as long as the person who's arm it struck isn't the person who scores it. Still fucking stupid, for how little it would happen that it would be accidental and go straight in off a players arm.

This is stolen from someone on reddit, but it did make me chuckle.

You do have to score twice against a super league team in order to register one goal, which is only fair given the market share they have in Thailand

:lol:

• Haha 5

I get that people are saying it’s the rule, but again I feel the rules intention is to stop it being a ball to hand that goes in, if Wilson didn’t have an arm the ball would have hit his stomach and went the same way and the result would have been the same. They can’t try to make everything black and white ffs, play was completely unchanged by it hitting his arm and they have to be able to push on with the game rather than going “well it hit his arm and then he scored a goal so ignoring every other factor and applying simply the letter of the law it’s not a goal.” Regardless we still ruined Klopp dream I’m sure he will still find a way to complain and whinge despite everything going his way in terms of decisions. 

1 minute ago, Howay said:

I get that people are saying it’s the rule, but again I feel the rules intention is to stop it being a ball to hand that goes in, if Wilson didn’t have an arm the ball would have hit his stomach and went the same way and the result would have been the same. They can’t try to make everything black and white ffs, play was completely unchanged by it hitting his arm and they have to be able to push on with the game rather than going “well it hit his arm and then he scored a goal so ignoring every other factor and applying simply the letter of the law it’s not a goal.” Regardless we still ruined Klopp dream I’m sure he will still find a way to complain and whinge despite everything going his way in terms of decisions. 

That's what it boils down to, you can't have rules that suitably cater to every possible permutation so you need to introduce leeway for common sense interpretation to which everyone could agree that it should have stood as a goal.

Klopp was clearly highly agitated about the result and their performance in his after match chat, which on a personal level was distressing for me to see. He eventually talked himself down to his usual level of babble.

I’m sure the rule used to be that if it hit your arm,intentionally or not,it’s a handball.I never had a problem with that and wouldn’t if it was brought back.You knew where you stood.Saying that,you could still have a cheating ref in charge of VAR deciding in favour of one of the ‘big’ clubs.

17 minutes ago, Howay said:

Not to mention that two players tried to stop Wilson scoring by pushing him.

15 years ago Klopp was an excellent pundit as well as very honest in his post match comments when manager at Mainz. But he us getting worse and worse. His comments since Monday have been utter rubbish.

• Like 1

Enjoyed that. First half and the tail end of the second were pretty entertaining as far as early kickoffs go. No surprise at Klopp running out ideas again but a bit weird seeing Bruce look like he knows what he's doing.

That handball rule is a load of shite though. Might as well fucking amputate them all if they're getting penalised for that. Fuck all wrong with goal.

Surely the rule should be that if the ball hits someone’s arm it’s either a foul or not at the point in time. Not based on what happens after that. 

• Like 3

Hasn’t Liverpool’s collapse from being top around Nov/Dec(?) coincided with their first team coach leaving?  Klopp has sounded like someone’s shit in his desk draw every time they’ve dropped points since then. 

Dubravka earned that point as much as anyone yesterday. If we’d got out if our second half stupor quicker we might have nicked it at the end too..

48 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Hasn’t Liverpool’s collapse from being top around Nov/Dec(?) coincided with their first team coach leaving?  Klopp has sounded like someone’s shit in his desk draw every time they’ve dropped points since then. 

Dubravka earned that point as much as anyone yesterday. If we’d got out if our second half stupor quicker we might have nicked it at the end too..

Buvac? He went two years ago.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Buvac? He went two years ago.

Oh ok... I definitely read something about him going on Monday in all the fall out about the ESL and for some reason I thought it had been this season..

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Oh ok... I definitely read something about him going on Monday in all the fall out about the ESL and for some reason I thought it had been this season..

Blastronaut mentioned it a couple of times, but he is wrong. Buvac left in 2018 and fell out with Klopp. But it didn’t stop Liverpool to be somewhat successful.

As much as I did enjoy yesterday’s result and think that it was deserved I do think that some reactions are a bit hysterical. Of course, we didn’t play too bad and had a decent amount of good chances ourselves. But the amount of chances Liverpool wasted would have resulted in a serious trahing on a less fortunate day.