Steve Bruce’s Willockless Winnets vs Arteta’s spray painted heed

Tom

6 hours ago, acrossthepond said:

This has got to be one of the worst takes in a string of awful takes from UM. 

Darlow is the "bang average" keeper in this squad. He gets the job done and would be a top player for a Championship side. Dubravka has saved us dozens of points since we bought him. 

He’s either on the wind up or he’s a fucking moron. Take your pick 

7 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

He's a bang average keeper. Darlows no world beater but makes fewer errors. 

If we ever move on beyond bargain basement this should be the beginning of of the rebuild.

You rate Steve Bruce more than Benitez though. Let that sink in 

I’ve watched some poor keepers over the years but if we’re talking regular keepers,Dubravka could possibly be the worst regarding being at fault for goals conceded.He’s not prone to flapping as much as Darlow and he commands the 6 yard box better than Darlow so I’m more confident when Dubravka is in goal.

1 hour ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I’ve watched some poor keepers over the years but if we’re talking regular keepers,Dubravka could possibly be the worst regarding being at fault for goals conceded.He’s not prone to flapping as much as Darlow and he commands the 6 yard box better than Darlow so I’m more confident when Dubravka is in goal.

Worse than Tim Krul?

• Haha 1

Fwiw the way our scouting team found Dubravka was searching the keepers with the least goalkeeping errors in whyscout and then watching all of the errors he made, it was out of him and a keeper from France iirc and Dubravkas errors were less glaring. 

Maybe Dubravka makes more errors in the PL than he did in his prior league but he’s still a better keeper than Darlow. I like Darlow too but Dubravka is more commanding in the box imo. 

50 minutes ago, strawb said:

Dubravka is miles better, it’s not even close

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Fwiw the way our scouting team found Dubravka was searching the keepers with the least goalkeeping errors in whyscout and then watching all of the errors he made, it was out of him and a keeper from France iirc and Dubravkas errors were less glaring. 

Maybe Dubravka makes more errors in the PL than he did in his prior league but he’s still a better keeper than Darlow. I like Darlow too but Dubravka is more commanding in the box imo. 

I agree

Dubravka is not just better than Darlow, he's one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League. Even in the aerial game, which is his worst ability, he is superior to Darlow. And beware, Darlow has been at a tremendously high level this season, But in another team, without having to make saving stops almost every 15 minutes, Dubravka would be at the level of the best and would get a lot of clean sheets. What Goalkeepers are better than him in the PL? Alisson (and he is in a terrify season). No more. 

Ederson is so much important in ManCity because his feet ability, no more. Is a normal GK. 

De Gea was very good player. One of the best in the world, but the 2018 World Cup changed some in his mind... 

Pickford? Mendy? Kepa? Nah.

Dubravka is in the same level than Leno, Rui Patricio or Lloris just after Alisson. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Diego21 said:

Dubravka is not just better than Darlow, he's one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League. Even in the aerial game, which is his worst ability, he is superior to Darlow. And beware, Darlow has been at a tremendously high level this season, But in another team, without having to make saving stops almost every 15 minutes, Dubravka would be at the level of the best and would get a lot of clean sheets. What Goalkeepers are better than him in the PL? Alisson (and he is in a terrify season). No more. 

Ederson is so much important in ManCity because his feet ability, no more. Is a normal GK. 

De Gea was very good player. One of the best in the world, but the 2018 World Cup changed some in his mind... 

Pickford? Mendy? Kepa? Nah.

Dubravka is in the same level than Leno, Rui Patricio or Lloris just after Alisson. 

I saw a similar comment in another thread that put him top three. Not sure I agree with that but didn't want to comment given I haven't paid all that much attention.

From what I've seen of him I think he's a pretty solid keeper. Command of his area and positioning seem quality and he's a pretty decent shot stopper on a good day.

No contest between him and Darlow for me. Second or third best keeper in the league though? Not sure I could get on board with that.

Edited by Blastronaut

Dubravka is definitely a good keeper but is certainly not a world class one.  He does make a few too many mistakes for his ability, that I'm sure he will be more disapointed about than anyone else.  He also seems to have a rather odd problem with freekicks.  But he's probably in the top ten in the country.

He's a long way clear of Darlow though.  Darlow is a canny back up and has had an excellent season by his standards but he's not a first choice premier league keeper.  

Dubravka doesn’t instill confidence when putting into practice  Brucey’s new tactic of playing out from the keeper at goal kicks.

And to think supporters used to criticise Given for his kicking which was never a problem by the way.Given was streets ahead of both Dubravka and Darlow in every way.