10k In Attendance v Sheff U (Home)

Ugly Mackems

10 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I have 10 pounds in my Desk Drawer from the time I was in Newcastle, In case it helps to sign Willock

You could buy two charlie wykes with that

• Haha 8

It’d be gutting to lose him but you can’t exactly blame the bloke for wanting to play for a club with ambition and a manager and an owner with half a clue about the game. Plenty of top clubs would happily take him 

• Like 3

Aye I saw some getting annoyed at him on Twitter, but what do they honestly expect? He’s not going to stay here managed by a fucking idiot at a club that had essentially the perfect season in the eyes of the owner. Nothing he said was remotely disrespectful to the club, he simply made it clear that the only way he will stick around is if the ambition matches his (which it never will). 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye I saw some getting annoyed at him on Twitter, but what do they honestly expect? He’s not going to stay here managed by a fucking idiot at a club that had essentially the perfect season in the eyes of the owner. Nothing he said was remotely disrespectful to the club, he simply made it clear that the only way he will stick around is if the ambition matches his (which it never will). 

tbh if I was him Id be off like a shot to a big club. Who could blame him? He’s got his career to think about and I can’t imagine that Ashley, Bruce and the archaic training facilities (and I imagine Bruce’s archaic training methods) are any good for his career. Our owner only wants to outperform the bottom 3 clubs and has no desire to compete in any other context. Thats no fun and I’m sure he would get better money elsewhere.

• Like 3

He can’t win really. If he’s honest about it he’ll get stick for not being loyal but if he doesn’t say anything he’ll get more stick for misleading the fans. He doesn’t really owe us any loyalty anyway. He’s obviously a good lad who has a lot of time for the club / fans but the club itself - whether that be the owner, Penfold, Bruce or the infrastructure in general is a joke. Good luck to him, it’s his career. 

• Like 3

If he were to leave, it'd be interesting to see where he went. I don't think he'd move to one of the EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE (tm) teams. He's not quite at that level, for me. His best bet would be Everton or Leicester. Ambitious clubs on the up.

Arguably ASM and Wilson were the difference  between safety and a relegation battle this season. Its possible we’ll sell both and replace them with inferior players.

#rolluprollup #goodbusiness #fuckthelotofyou #notfromagoodfamily

It's a possibility, but I don't think we'd sell Wilson, and would only sell ASM if we're offered silly money. I also think there won't be a lot of clubs that will throw silly money at a player who missed 18 games with soft tissue injuries.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's a possibility, but I don't think we'd sell Wilson, and would only sell ASM if we're offered silly money. I also think there won't be a lot of clubs that will throw silly money at a player who missed 18 games with soft tissue injuries.

Not much of a surprise for a player like ASM playing under a manager like Bruce and a training system like ours.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Not much of a surprise for a player like ASM playing under a manager like Bruce and a training system like ours.

Thing is we could have played the same way we have been post-Brighton without ASM and Wilson. We needn't have been so reliant on them.

Fuck I hate Bruce.

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

If he were to leave, it'd be interesting to see where he went. I don't think he'd move to one of the EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE (tm) teams. He's not quite at that level, for me. His best bet would be Everton or Leicester. Ambitious clubs on the up.

I think this is right.  The very best teams will look at him and see how often he manages 90 minutes, as well the fact that he's actually only managed 3 goals and 4 assists this season and I don't think they will be entering a bidding war any time soon.  Ambtious teams on the up like Leicester, West Ham and Everton would probably interested but whether they'd pay £40m + remains to be seen.  Arsenal would be the least surprising but of course if Kane does go for something like £150m, they might splash some of that cash about stupidly like they did after selling Bale.

ASM is still only 24, on his day he is absolutely fantastic. Who can blame him if he has the ambition to play at a club challenging for trophies? It's a crying shame that club will never be NUFC while under this regime. They should do everything they can to keep him mind, and signing Willock. 

36 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I think this is right.  The very best teams will look at him and see how often he manages 90 minutes, as well the fact that he's actually only managed 3 goals and 4 assists this season and I don't think they will be entering a bidding war any time soon.  Ambtious teams on the up like Leicester, West Ham and Everton would probably interested but whether they'd pay £40m + remains to be seen.  Arsenal would be the least surprising but of course if Kane does go for something like £150m, they might splash some of that cash about stupidly like they did after selling Bale.

Wait, what?

He’s too much of a maverick for Man Utd,Man City,Chelsea,Liverpool,Leicester,Tottenham and Arsenal.I don’t  think Anchelotti would find a place for him in his team.Villa have Grealish to take players on.You couldn’t play both in the same team.Wolves have Triore as their maverick.Quite possible Southampton but that would be more of a sideways step.A mid table Italian or Spanish team may take a chance.

23 hours ago, The Fish said:

Wait, what?

Aye what Alex said.

I do agree largely with what eesembee said about him being a maverick, although I don't think that would necessarily put Arsenal or Spurs off.  But I do think foreign teams (although again I think the top ones wouldn't be interested) might be more interested.  Whether they would have the finances would be the question.

• Like 1