Yes that's right, it's that time of the week again - Bruce's ragged bunch of this is as close as you'll ever be to being champions v The Champions of the best league in the World!

sammynb

Bruce has never achieved anything as a PL manager and as a general proposition his teams play awful football. That should be the end of any rational discussion on Steve Bruce’s credentials.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Kitman said:

Bruce has never achieved anything as a PL manager and as a general proposition his teams play awful football. That should be the end of any rational discussion on Steve Bruce’s credentials.

I always find when they play shocked that Rafa “got more respect/leeway from supporters” one of the weirdest angles the likes of Edwards work in their Bruce v Rafa obsession. Benitez earned that level of respect, Bruce has accomplished comparatively nothing as a football manager. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

I always find when they play shocked that Rafa “got more respect/leeway from supporters” one of the weirdest angles the likes of Edwards work in their Bruce v Rafa obsession. Benitez earned that level of respect, Bruce has accomplished comparatively nothing as a football manager. 

Exactly. Bruce comes out with his “I’ve been doing this a long time” schtick and they lap it up like that counts for something. Yes Steve, you’ve been doing it a long time and you’ve achieved fuck all, your teams play clueless football, and you’re widely hated by the fans at your former clubs.

Somebody should tell pundits like Jenas that keeping a team in the PL is not an achievement, it’s the absolute bare minimum. It’s like a bus driver saying “Aren’t I good, I’ve been doing this a long time, I haven’t crashed the bus and killed all the passengers once”.

• Like 6

Every time a lazy pundit starts going on about our unrealistic expectations etc, a large bloke should walk on and punch them in the face. That’d put a stop to it

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I do also find it ridiculous that they are also always using the absence of Wilson and Saint-Maximin as a card blanche.

It’s actually saying a lot about your capabilities as a manager if everything is depending on having all your best players available. It doesn’t need saying that those players make a huge difference to the quality of a team. But a manager should still be able to cope with it and make the best out of the rest of the squad. That’s where he failed miserably because he couldn’t come up with any solution.

Never mind I the awful performances when he has had the full squad available.

• Like 3

iirc it’s a myth they were missing for most of the season anyway. A myth put about by Bruce and unchallenged by anybody in the media I should add

• Like 3