Parker's got nothing left to play for but pride v More of the same Bruceball

sammynb

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

in fairness essembee is very likely spot on with his prediction.

Not exactly Derren Brown though, is he? 

Any NUFC supporter who hasn’t been in a coma for the last ten years knows what’ll happen next year. 
If you swap the names in his post for anyone from our large roster of shite from past seasons, including the manager, it’s the same old same old. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Any NUFC supporter who hasn’t been in a coma for the last ten years knows what’ll happen next year. 
If you swap the names in his post for anyone from our large roster of shite from past seasons, including the manager, it’s the same old same old. 

aye. no argument here mate.

27 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m on about this close season,not next year though.

14 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

in fairness essembee is very likely spot on with his prediction.

You think we're going to sell Wilson and Saint Maximin?

16 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You think we're going to sell Wilson and Saint Maximin?

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised, would you if we did?

dangle a profit in front of ashley's eyes and he'll bite your hand off, unless of course wor brucey intervenes and tells mikey he can't do that. the subject will probably crop up at same time they're having a meeting about improving the training facilities.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised, would you if we did?

dangle a profit in front of ashley's eyes and he'll bite your hand off, unless of course wor brucey intervenes and tells mikey he can't do that. the subject will probably crop up at same time they're having a meeting about improving the training facilities.

Yeah, I would be surprised if we sold Wilson and ASM. 

Wilson is 30 this year and missed 12 games with a recurring hamstring injury. 

ASM missed 18 games with soft tissue injuries. 

Both have 3yr+ contracts. 

The market will be contracted this summer, and Wilson and ASM are gambles, the latter a very expensive gamble. You'd expect Wilson to be valued around £20m, ASM closer to £30m. I'd expect Ashley to demand 50% on top of that.

Neither are good enough for the elite clubs who could possibly afford to take that gamble. Both are too expensive for anyone else, realistically. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

You'd rather he kicks it out for a throw in or direct to the opposition?

was that what the sunderland keeper did against lincoln? 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

Yeah, I would be surprised if we sold Wilson and ASM. 

Wilson is 30 this year and missed 12 games with a recurring hamstring injury. 

ASM missed 18 games with soft tissue injuries. 

Both have 3yr+ contracts. 

The market will be contracted this summer, and Wilson and ASM are gambles, the latter a very expensive gamble. You'd expect Wilson to be valued around £20m, ASM closer to £30m. I'd expect Ashley to demand 50% on top of that.

Neither are good enough for the elite clubs who could possibly afford to take that gamble. Both are too expensive for anyone else, realistically. 

Good post 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/05/2021 at 10:58, Dr Gloom said:

was that what the sunderland keeper did against lincoln? 

No idea, only saw Lincoln's goal which came from a corner.

I've watched all our games this season apart from one which I didn't get the chance to and until the last few games Dub's kicking was terrible, either straight to the opposition or out for a throw in. It's more risky but at least means we keep posession for more than 1% of the game which is a nice change.

2 hours ago, t00nraider2 said:

No idea, only saw Lincoln's goal which came from a corner.

I've watched all our games this season apart from one which I didn't get the chance to and until the last few games Dub's kicking was terrible, either straight to the opposition or out for a throw in. It's more risky but at least means we keep posession for more than 1% of the game which is a nice change.

DF9CF3E6-61D6-4A12-923E-D8901C4D62E0.gif

• Haha 3
  • Jaysus... 1

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Can’t be a mackem then because they would never watch our matches 

Because our matches have been so entertaining of late?

We've been utter shite for a good few seasons, I watch our games in the hope we can fluke a result and makes up for the 1% of posession.

37 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

We've been utter shite for a good few seasons, I watch our games in the hope we can fluke a result and makes up for the 1% of posession.

i didn't realise sunderland's possession was so low - better luck next season. plenty of league one clubs will give you respect and plenty of the ball as they defend in their cup final game of the season 

• Haha 6

15 hours ago, t00nraider2 said:

You're a mackem, we know you're a mackem, we've known for fucking ages. Why are you still pretending?

• Jaysus... 1