Euro 2020/1

Meenzer

If England go out against the Germans, I'm pretty sure it won't ruin my enjoyment of this Euros. There've been some stonking games and England have been pretty boring bollocks.

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

Oh great.

The soundtrack to decades of England failures.

I'd rather listen to 90 mins of fake crowd noise again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

Oh great.

The fucking selfish bastards, they must know more people don't want them at games than do? At least this softens the fact that I'm going to miss the game. 

8 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Look, you. This not rating your chances about playing England is twice as unnerving as it would be if you were confident. Pack it in. 

Sorry.

Resounding victory it is.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

this is england v germany in a knockout competition - we haven't won one of those in over half a century

So, if we do win it’ll be down to not being in the EU

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

So, if we do win it’ll be down to not being in the EU

This right here is a serious concern for me in supporting England. If by some bloody miracle we won the damn thing, we would never, ever hear the end of it from the leavers. It would instantly become the defining representation of how England can go it alone. "Plucky little England", "British bulldog spirit" etc etc

Although the team itself doesn't really personify that. They're professional but I'm not sure there's a lot of spirit there...

Edited by Rayvin

if England do win the tournament (don’t laugh) it would make a nice memory for my eldest, who’s football daft. Beyond that I would quite like to see them win tonight but I’m not too arsed either way. Not least because a massive section of the England fan base are absolute bellends 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

This right here is a serious concern for me in supporting England. If by some bloody miracle we won the damn thing, we would never, ever hear the end of it from the leavers. It would instantly become the defining representation of how England can go it alone. "Plucky little England", "British bulldog spirit" etc etc

Although the team itself doesn't really personify that. They're professional but I'm not sure there's a lot of spirit there...

Fortunately we'll always have the limp defeat to Iceland immediately after the referendum, with Woy going on a boat trip instead of researching the opposition, as fate's real verdict on the matter.

• Haha 4