Euro 2020/1

Meenzer

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

This sort of little Englander shit is rampant through our government. It was the same when we were banging on about vaccinations being miles ahead of other EU countries. 

One Britain, One Nation my arse. We are a laughing stock the world over 

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's a shame like, predictable. And you know this isn't just random twitter shite, this is what England is now. Glad I have decent claim to an alternative heritage. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I don't mind most the individuals in this side, Pickford and Stirling aside, but I can't bring myself to support England after being amongst their fans at matches, Turkey at SoL being particularly horrific. Then there's the media hype which is hard to contend with. Plus I had Germany in a sweepstake.

This perfectly sums up how I feel. I’m pleased for England but I can’t say I support them. A significant victory but I assume it’s being treated with the usual hype and jingoism as if we’d won the entire tournament by crushing the best teams 10 nil.

Still well done, chaps. Yay.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sonatine said:

I also sit on a dining table when I'm watching a game on TV and make sure my missus is sitting alongside me watching it as well. It's how we roll. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

He made two half decent saves, both of which you’d expect him to save. I know he’s set a low bar but c’mon.

100% spot on.A simple push over the bar and a run of the mill block with his legs.A theatrical dive and twist after a save doesn’t make a routine save any better.If you disagree,turn the sound down on your tv.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

100% spot on.A simple push over the bar and a run of the mill block with his legs.A theatrical dive and twist after a save doesn’t make a routine save any better.If you disagree,turn the sound down on your tv.

Aye, maybe, but for a bloke who’s arms are shorter than his fingers it was half decent. 

You fucking misery. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

:lol: It was a competent performance against a bang average side. I don’t mind seeing England doing well but it’s the media making out like there were 11 heroes out there and you lot being taken in by it that’s bewildering.

I for one am completely taken in and probably arrogant with it. :lol:

1 hour ago, Bizza said:

Fuck me, as someone old enough to remember Euro 96 that was a bit special. Ghosts of the past firmly laid to rest.

Can't fucking wait for pints and another game on Saturday!

I don't think there'll be anyone on here who isn't old enough to remember Euro 96 to be fair. :lol: 

• Haha 3

Oh ffs. The state of the BBC "news" after the Sweden Ukraine match. Twenty minutes of absolutr embarrassing horse shit followed by 5 minutes of "today's other news". Embarrassing.  Mackemesque behaviour. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Glad I have decent claim to an alternative heritage. 

So do I, but it just got knocked out by Ukraine so now I'm stuck with England. :lol: 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

I see the regulars treating an England victory with similar disdain as an NUFC victory.

As Brucie once said (somewhere, sometime, probably.) "consistency is the key" 

Get tae fuckin fuck ya wee fuckin fucker :cuppa:

• Haha 3