Euro 2020/1

Meenzer

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Tedium wins trophies, baby. It’s true because of the alliteration  

Gets you the best tunes, too

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

That’s how you win tournaments. I don’t like it but I think this game on top of beating us will give you enough confidence to win the Euros.

I wouldn't take Denmark for granted and I think Italy are much the better side. I'd just love to see us get past Denmark and into a final. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I wouldn't take Denmark for granted and I think Italy are much the better side. I'd just love to see us get past Denmark and into a final. 

You’ll be fine. Unless the T-Rex does something stupid it will be the confidence that will make you unbeatable this time.

• Like 2

Straight forward that, Denmark are a canny side but I think they’ll struggle to create much against us, the question again is just about if we can score.

I think a final against Italy would be really tough, it’ll be interesting to see how they do without Spinizzolla as he’s been a real driving force for them. A good defensive side is a pretty bad match up for the way Southgate plays, Italy are also among the most fluid in attack at this tournament. I think if Spain manage to get to the final (provided we do too) I’d actually have us as favorite which is a bit odd to think, as I think their defence is wank so we’d have a decent chance at scoring then shithousing them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Howay said:

Straight forward that, Denmark are a canny side but I think they’ll struggle to create much against us, the question again is just about if we can score.

I think a final against Italy would be really tough, it’ll be interesting to see how they do without Spinizzolla as he’s been a real driving force for them. A good defensive side is a pretty bad match up for the way Southgate plays, Italy are also among the most fluid in attack at this tournament. I think if Spain manage to get to the final (provided we do too) I’d actually have us as favorite which is a bit odd to think, as I think their defence is wank so we’d have a decent chance at scoring then shithousing them. 

This thread is now a negative-free zone so if you can all stop being sensible and get on the positivity train to Euro Success Town. Can we please ban the Irish and the Scots from viewing this thread too? Even Meenzer is touch and go atm.

Harry Kane has arrived, baby

• Haha 5

Yeah I'm not really sure what to make of this but you have to give Southgate credit for getting to a second semi-final. I still weirdly find myself a bit unenthused about the whole thing, but perhaps getting to an actual final would fix that. As it stands, even if we won the thing I think beating Germany would be the highlight for me :lol: Genuinely, properly enjoyed that.