Euro 2020/1

Meenzer

It’s very un-England like which I think they all deserve massive credit for. Denmark will be more of a test but on the flip side, they looked absolutely exhausted at times in the second half against the Czechs whereas we look fit as you like. The depth means that the rotation has been solid as you’d want. Foden and Grealish didn’t even get on last night and Saka should be fit again for Denmark. Getting the selections and subs right when you have so many options sounds easy on paper but doing it is another thing.

Granted, we’ve got Graeme Jones who got Joe Willock playing like Frank Lampard so let’s give him the credit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He used to be season ticket holder at the Dell...one season he put £10 on the late Dean Richards being first goal scorer and also £10 on him being last goal scorer at every home game...think he was 2k up by the time May rolled round...

• Haha 1

I took £80 off him before the football started playing 3 card brag though...

Then I lost most of that playing 5 card brag, where you play with two cards up on the deal, bit like poker but you get all your cards straight away . At one point in that I got a 4 & a 6 unsuited, looked at the other three and discovered 3 10s looking back at me, it’s pretty fuckin random. Then I won that back & more in 2 marathon games of knock out whist/trumps which went on for about an hour....if someone goes out on 7 they have to pay £14 into the pot, £12 if you’re out on 6 etc etc...if it goes down to 2 players on 2 and they both win 1 hand each then everyone is back in and you start again...it went to 2 with one each 3 times in one of the games, where I was roundly condemned for my tactics by the whole table but fuck them I won & they didn’t....

I have a Saturday up the club like this maybe once every 2/3 months....the rest of them are at it most weekends, football bets in the week etc etc.... they don’t like me playing because although I know enough to win I’m not enough of a “player” so they can’t read me very well, sometimes I don’t really know what to do so I’m unpredictable and it makes them chuck things when they really shouldn’t....so I’m even more unpopular than the kid who won 2k on Harry McGuire’s heed on the WhatsApp group this morning  :D

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Quite a few bollocks from Prickford.I told you when he signed for the Scouse makems but none of you would have it.

Pickford has been absolutely quality for England. 

Second only to Sir Bobby as the most likeable England manager of my lifetime. And whoever is third is some way off. Let's hope he's also about to become the most successful since Sir Alf Ramsay.