Euro 2020/1

Meenzer

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Don’t worry. I am not really bothered. I stated before that I think staging a major football event during a pandemic has been a rather poor idea. 

I am puzzled about the hypocrisy when it comes down to winning games by cheating though. That’s something I  do really can’t stand, regardless of the teams involved.

I suppose when you’ve won four World Cups and three European Championships you can afford to be pensive.

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Don’t worry. I am not really bothered. I stated before that I think staging a major football event during a pandemic has been a rather poor idea. 

I am puzzled about the hypocrisy when it comes down to winning games by cheating though. That’s something I  do really can’t stand, regardless of the teams involved.

Mate your lot have won World cups hoying themselves all over the shop. Klinsmann literally turned his cheating into a goal celebration. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Well I hope you’ve never celebrated any German victories in that case :razz: 

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Actually we're still waiting to decide whether it's brilliant or not. I'll ask you to show some fucking restraint in the meantime. 

:lol:

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

See Renty Baby, it’s not that hard! 

On the contrary MF, right now it’s very hard indeed 😳

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

If you just look at the match, of course do England deserve to go through. Apart from the dive you were all over Denmark for most of the second half and in extra time,

But the commentators were on about how hard it has been for people in recent months.

Tough shit of course. Just like all over the planet.

England edged it (not that that matters in any case), the penalty was soft but it did go to VAR, and the commentators were fucking abysmal.

Just now, Alex said:

Well I hope you’ve never celebrated any German victories in that case :razz: 

I wasn’t born in 1974 when Hölzenbein took a clear dive. I didn’t like the dive that won us Italia 90, although it was sort of fair after Augenthaler was denied a clear penalty earlier in the match.

Neither 1954, 1972, 1996 or 2014 were won by dives though.

A dive is a dive is a dive.

13 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

BBC Two - The Catherine Tate Show, Series 2, Episode 6, Am I Bovvered?

• Haha 5

Just now, Isegrim said:

I wasn’t born in 1974 when Hölzenbein took a clear dive. I didn’t like the dive that won us Italia 90, although it was sort of fair after Augenthaler was denied a clear penalty earlier in the match.

What about that ARSEHOLE who got Gazza his second booking rolling around like a 4 year old. 

I'm absolutely not having this shite that Germans aren't divers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

What about that ARSEHOLE who got Gazza his second booking rolling around like a 4 year old. 

I'm absolutely not having this shite that Germans aren't divers. 

They are tbh. 

I think it’s a bit churlish to go on about diving here. Yes it was a soft pen, and I’d probably feel aggrieved if it was awarded against England, but the defender went in and was late in the tackle. You’d expect that to be given in the modern game and if there was no contact you’d expect VAR to overrule.

I don’t think it was a clear dive therefore. And anyway, the Danes offered nothing in the second half and ET, England deserved to win.

• Like 1

I think he's overdosed on the stiffy pills and is just lying on the living room floor throbbing. Stretching his hand out for his phone which is tantalisingly out of reach. 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Kitman said:

I think it’s a bit churlish to go on about diving here. Yes it was a soft pen, and I’d probably feel aggrieved if it was awarded against England, but the defender went in and was late in the tackle. You’d expect that to be given in the modern game and if there was no contact you’d expect VAR to overrule.

I don’t think it was a clear dive therefore. And anyway, the Danes offered nothing in the second half and ET, England deserved to win.

He was on his way down even before he started dreaming of Madonna.

The better team won though.

Never a pen and have to say the grealish substitution was poor but they're there. Similar managerial decisions against Mancini might not go his way. Well done England, well done Denmark and good luck England for the final but that grealish substitution would worry me, well on top, did nothing for the game and potentially pisses the kid off. We've every chance but I half fancy Italy as they're Italy.

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

Just for the record, I want you to win the final.

I hope we dive and cheat our way to victory then order the worst pizza in London to be delivered to Italy’s dressing room afterwards. 

There. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

Just for the record, I want you to win the final.

To think I used to like you.

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye I think there's a very good chance England get thoroughly schooled by Italy. 

I hope you're right man.

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I hope we dive and cheat our way to victory then order the worst pizza in London to be delivered to Italy’s dressing room afterwards. 

There. 

You can fuck off. 

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

There. 

In that case I want to see the faces of Twaterazzi and Twattuso.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Great to see you taking this as well as ewerk 

• Haha 3