Euro 2020/1

Meenzer

A huge share of the blame has to fall on Southgate, that was very poorly managed and our shootout lineup was a disaster. 

Italy were the better team in the match overall and they deserved to win, so congratulations. If we'd gone after their ageing centerbacks in extra time instead of waiting for penalties and sitting back, this match could've had a different outcome. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Feel bad for Saka. Not sure putting a 19 year old kid as your fifth penalty is a great idea. 

Especially given the magnitude of it after the save. Where's Sterling? Bottle job cunt, leaving kids to take them.

No shame for Rashford, Sancho and Saka. Saka got a bit of time but the other two played next to nothing. No time to justify themselves. A brilliant squad led by a moron.

I’ll say it before the tabloids.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

No shame for Rashford, Sancho and Saka. Saka got a bit of time but the other two played next to nothing. No time to justify themselves. A brilliant squad led by a moron.

Totally. Fucking batshit plan that bring on those two just to take penalties when they've barely kicked a ball all tournament.

I blame Southgate completely. Shit management that entire game, the formation and selections were wrong from the start and every single person other than that fucking TIT can see it. We’ve said over and over again every match that it was wrong just to hear “but he won” from the blowjob squad, but this is why I doubted him. 

He brought his best players on deep into injury time, Italy were the better side but we didn’t even fuckinv turn up as he plays the wrong players. Kalvin Phillips is FUCKING SHIT Henderson plays the same role and is better in every single way so why play him. I don’t blame the pen missers this fucking wanker barely played them then expected them to step on and win us the trophy :lol:. We have the best squad I’ve seen England have and have trusted it to this absolute fucking LOSER. 

I'm not gonna criticise Southgate though. I honestly thought there was a chance we could get embarrassed by Italy. They've been the team of the tournament by a mile and we took them all the way to penalties with a young squad. Really enjoyed it and someone doesn't have to be to blame just cos we didn't win. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Awful decision making by Southgate at the end, but that's patent bollocks. He led the team to the final and lost on penalties, better than every England manager since Ramsay. He's a decent, normal person in a world full of morons as you put it.

That said, maybe he needs to move on now. No way England can deal with the climate of Qatar. Mind, I guess the next Euros is only 3 years away, so maybe he should go on until then. 

This bunch of lads have, in a few games, made me proud of country my way more than our shithouse politicians, ignorant population or anything else recently. 
It’s not the result we wanted, but they can be proud as fuck of their performance and behaviour  throughout this tournament. 

Once they’ve got over the disappointment of this loss, they’ll look at the next tournament, a World Cup, and think “ We can have that”. 

I’d love to congratulate Italy, but I genuinely can’t celebrate their fucking shithouse style of cheating their way to victory - fuck them. 

• Like 1

What are these blithering wankers talking about?   England played 80 mins without a  centre forward. Innefective  Immobile was fucked off early doors by Mancini, go figure...

Edited by PaddockLad

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm not gonna criticise Southgate though. I honestly thought there was a chance we could get embarrassed by Italy. They've been the team of the tournament by a mile and we took them all the way to penalties with a young squad. Really enjoyed it and someone doesn't have to be to blame just cos we didn't win. 

Agree with this.

Hey Rio, it’s not a lottery. It genuinely isn’t. But don’t put Marcus Rashford on when he hasn’t played a single minute all tournament ( I think I’m right on that) and expect him to score. Something similar goes for Sancho.

Penalties are about confidence but when you’ve shown no confidence in those players for the last month then don’t expect them to knock them in from six yards.

• Like 3

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

Someone doesn't have to be to blame but Southgate is. That's two tournaments he's cost us, time to dissappear. 

Allardyce was the guy in charge before Southgate, you reckon we would have won with him? Or any of the last 4 or 5 England managers?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Hey Rio, it’s not a lottery. It genuinely isn’t. But don’t put Marcus Rashford on when he hasn’t played a single minute all tournament ( I think I’m right on that) and expect him to score. Something similar goes for Sancho.

Penalties are about confidence but when you’ve shown no confidence in those players for the last month then don’t expect them to knock them in from six yards.

Rashford came on as a sub at least once in the group stages, but I basically think you're right about that particular strategic play unless he had them working on penalties all tournament in training.

Just now, Rayvin said:

Allardyce was the guy in charge before Southgate, you reckon we would have won with him? Or any of the last 4 or 5 England managers?

Sven and capello would have won that game. Well maybe not capello because of a conflict of interests

:lol: Southgate is fucking shit man. They’ve got through nearly every round in spite of him, we’ve played weak opposition and managed to over come them due to pure talent. He’s played a back 7 because he’s fucking terrified of losing, despite having arguably more talent at his disposal. If the managers were swapped we’d have battered them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Awful decision making by Southgate at the end, but that's patent bollocks. He led the team to the final and lost on penalties, better than every England manager since Ramsay. He's a decent, normal person in a world full of morons as you put it.

Nah. After the first 45 minutes it clearly wasn’t working and he changed nothing really until well into extra time. It may have seemed like it but I wasn’t being intentionally disparaging when I said that you’ve faced nothing decent so far. 

The difference this time is that you had a cup winning side there. My theory all along was that he set you up as defence first with the understanding that he could unleash your attacking talent should you find yourself behind but he never did that. You were so far behind in the second half but Southgate never tried to get back on a positive footing. It was cowardly. That squad deserves better.

Give Graeme Jones the job now.

Shoutout line up was shit, how can Saka take one over Grealish or Shaw? The kid had a shocker tonight regardless of who wanted to take one. Sancho and Rashford didn’t even touch the ball and took one.. the bigger picture is we should have lost that game in normal time anyway. Really reminded me of the Croatia semi final in 2018, same mistakes were made imo. Still, good to reach a final but we blew the best chance we’ll ever get.. only person I wish would get thrown out of a helicopter screaming is Rashford for that run up, but then again he’s more focused on running a ‘save the kids’ PR campaign in the media to make himself look good than playing football anyway.

Edited by 247

He had the most talented squad in the competition and a favourable draw. He fucked the game up. They'd looked like scoring for 20 minutes and he waited for them to score without changing anything. Their two centre halves, combined age of SEVENTY, looked comfortable when we had Sancho, Sterling, Grealish, Saka etc. Appalling

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Southgate is fucking shit man. They’ve got through nearly every round in spite of him, we’ve played weak opposition and managed to over come them due to pure talent. He’s played a back 7 because he’s fucking terrified of losing, despite having arguably more talent at his disposal. If the managers were swapped we’d have battered them. 

Personally I think it's hard to gauge the quality of England players at this level, bar a couple. For the same reason, difficult to judge Southgate, who managed a side who only conceded one goal from open play in this tournament, I'm not going to judge.  

Not that I give a shit, obviously. Spongebob's left.eye won the day, fair enough.