Euro 2020/1

Meenzer

1 minute ago, 247 said:

Shoutout line up was shit, how can Saka take one over Grealish or Shaw? The kid had a shocker tonight regardless of who wanted to take one. Sancho and Rashford didn’t even touch the ball and took one.. the bigger picture is we should have lost that game in normal time anyway. Really reminded me of the Croatia semi final in 2018, same mistakes were made imo. Still, good to reach a final but we blew the best chance we’ll ever get.. only person I wish would get thrown out of a helicopter screaming right now is Rashford for that run up, but then again he’s more focused on running a ‘save the kids’ PR campaign in the media to make himself look good than playing football anyway.

:lol:

Was just saying to my lass that I look forward to people slagging Rashford off for being too busy trying to feed poor kids than take penalties. Didn't think it would be this quick. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Gemmill said:

:lol:

Was just saying to my lass that I look forward to people slagging Rashford off for being too busy trying to feed poor kids than take penalties. Didn't think it would be this quick. 

I do prefer to get my sly digs in early. 

1 minute ago, 247 said:

. only person I wish would get thrown out of a helicopter screaming is Rashford for that run up, but then again he’s more focused on running a ‘save the kids’ PR campaign in the media to make himself look good than playing football anyway.

Nah, I’m not have that. I’m the No.1 England hater here and I hate that type of penalty but he sent the keeper the wrong way and sent it six inches wide. I won’t blame anyone who spent as little time on the pitch as him and is then expected to come on and score a penalty.

Don’t blame they fella for trying to improve people’s lives.

• Like 4

Harry Kane has been shit this tournament. He’s literally your best player but you completely isolated him all month. Shearer wouldn’t have put up with that shit.

• Like 1

Gutted. As was my little boy. First time I ever seen him so invested in a football match. That says a lot. This England side was able to capture his imagination in a way newcastle have never been able to. 

This team achieved so much more then I thought they would. Huge credit to the manager. To take it to penalties against a team as classy as Italy. It’s cruel way to lose it. There are things he could have done differently but he made shitloads of big calls (that I didn’t agree with at the time) that took us to the final. 

The game was lost in the second half. Shame we didn’t carry on the way we played in the first half we might have got that all important second goal. 

We looked better in ET but on balance Italy deserved it though they should have been down to 10 men in the second half 

image.thumb.png.c6b21888e429ab369883ff9af4a05bdb.png

Shout out to Pickford. He has taken a lot of stick but was my player of the tournament for us along with Sterling. Didn’t deserve to be on the losing side tonight. Unlucky @essembeeofsunderland

image.png

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

Shearer literally trying to point it out. The age of the Italian center backs, the extra time they’ve played and (what he didn’t say) was how they weren’t pressured all match.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Gutted. As was my little boy. First time I ever seen him so invested in a football match. That says a lot. This England side was able to capture his imagination in a way newcastle have never been able to. 

This team achieved so much more then I thought they would. Huge credit to the manager. To take it to penalties against a team as classy as Italy. It’s cruel way to lose it. There are things he could have done differently but he made shitloads of big calls (that I didn’t agree with at the time) that took us to the final. 

The game was lost in the second half. Shame we didn’t carry on the way we played in the first half we might have got that all important second goal. 

We looked better in ET but on balance Italy deserved it though they should have been down to 10 men in the second half 

image.thumb.png.c6b21888e429ab369883ff9af4a05bdb.png

Shout out to Pickford. He has taken a lot of stick but was my player of the tournament for us along with Sterling. Didn’t deserve to be on the losing side tonight. Unlucky @essembeeofsunderland

image.png

No Shaw? 3 assists and a goal from LB?

Just to put a bit of perspective on this, we got to the finals of a major tournament and only conceded 2 goals in open play- with the T-Rex in nets. 

We blew the pens, no question, but we can be rightly proud of this team and look forward to the World Cup with a realistic chance. 

Fuck the Italians, too, cheating cunts. :lol:

For everyone ( other than Quiff obvs :lol:) baying about Southgate- who do you think we could get to improve this team- I’m not saying he’s irreplaceable but I’m curious who you think would, firstly, take the job and, secondly, do better? 

I’m going to go and have (another) beer. :lol:

• Like 2

First time I thought Southgate got the tactics wrong. Playing 523 rather than 4231 leaves Kane massively isolated up front. Also lends itself to dropping into a back 7 which is exactly what we did for large chunks of the game.

Bellingham, Grealish, Foden, Sancho, Mount, Saka with another 12 months under their belts and England will be amongst the favourites for the WC

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

For everyone ( other than Quiff obvs :lol:) baying about Southgate- who do you think we could get to improve this team- I’m not saying he’s irreplaceable but I’m curious who you think would, firstly, take the job and, secondly, do better? 

I think he found himself comfortable with a no frills win formation that won him matches against poorer opposition. Just as other managers did against shite opposition in qualification.

It’s not my job to tell you who would be better but I’ve said all along that he was scared of playing your best attacking side. You were crying out for them for 75 minutes but weren’t given a chance.

• Like 2

Thought we were shite tbh. Not unhappy or angry we lost, but we that we played our worst game (maybe scotland) in the final.

Average age of 24 in that squad, a likeable manager who also needs to learn and improve. Proud of the players, especially Saka taking a pen at 19 when there are more senior players who didn’t.

Going in the right direction but we didn’t play well.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You were crying out for them for 75 minutes but weren’t given a chance.

I’ll give you that- Kane was virtually invisible and given the options he had on the bench it was more than disappointing that he didn’t make a change when it could’ve mattered. 

Still, I’m pretty sure they’ll learn from this game, and onwards and upwards etc etc 

And now I’m off for yet another refreshment.  

Italy can’t be proud of that win, cheating cunts. 

> with the T-Rex in net

I still maintain he was your player of the tournament but can't for the fucking life me work out what his strengths are.

That's not a dig either. Looks the most cohesive and settled England team I've ever seen and and even though a few of his decisions cost your that Southgate seems a great man-manager and motivator and probably deserves another crack at it. 

> Thought we were shit an played our worst game (maybe Scotland).

Hate to admit this as a Scot but a draw against Scotland basically assured youse were through before you even played the Czechs. Youse were never playing for the win and it was probably the sensible gameplan. 

• Like 1

Genuinely curious how people think England will function in 40C plus heat of the world.cup? Ethically, they shouldn't even go.  I'd write off next year's world Cup.

This.time, I think England benefitted from home advantage and fortunate fixtures (really,  they beat nobody of note). Euro 2024l is in Germany. Other European sides might have got their act together by then. England might have missed their best ever chance. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Genuinely curious how people think England will function in 40C plus heat of the world.cup? Ethically, they shouldn't even go.  I'd write off next year's world Cup.

This.time, I think England benefitted from home advantage and fortunate fixtures (really,  they beat nobody of note). Euro 2024l is in Germany. Other European sides might have got their act together by then. England might have missed their best ever chance. 

We’ll all be dead from Covid variant Mk23 by then though. :lol:

Chin up Chuckles, we live to shite another day.